Tue, Oct 1, 9:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Humiliatingly fundamental question: How do you display the GROUND?

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 2004 at 6:23 PM ยท edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 9:34 PM

Why can't I color the GROUND. I select it as the prop, when I move the camera I see the border of the GROUND, but if I go to properties, "Make Visible" is dim. I use the paint bucket, but the command goes thru the floor and colors the background or foreground. I go to MATERIALS and put the "default ground texture in place, and take it away, makes no difference. There is a tiny color button to the right of the documnet display, the bottom one of four, which "seems" to be for setting ground color, but now clicking, dragging, etc. seems to work. Can't search in the old Poser manual, no search function. Search here at Rendow found no answer. I feel like a real idiot! Poser4 ProPak, everything working fine, on WinXP ::::: Opera :::::

sixus1 ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 2004 at 6:26 PM

Ctrl-G :) --Rebekah--

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 2004 at 8:07 PM

Also: Display menu --> Guides --> Ground Plane

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 2004 at 8:21 PM

That is unbelievable. Is that a famous Poser trick? I feel like someone just told me how to beat the final boss of Halo 2 or something. Just amazing. Control-g. ::::: Opera :::::

queri ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 2004 at 11:58 PM

Doing this for three years-- I didn't know. :)) Thanks. Emily

sixus1 ( ) posted Thu, 25 November 2004 at 12:48 AM

I sit next to Les all....he is KeyCommand Guy....when he is modelling, it sounds like he is typing a novel. --Rebekah--

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 25 November 2004 at 5:15 AM

When you bought Poser, it came with a nifty folded card absolutely full of key-commands. It also tells you what all the buttons do. ;)

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Thu, 25 November 2004 at 7:33 AM

Hah, the card was the second thing to misplace after the manual. Sometimes I wonder if we've been looking at the same manual.

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 25 November 2004 at 9:12 AM

I lost that card LONG ago. BTW I also had to invest 20 minutes figuring out that if you are working in full shaded mode, you don't see the ground color; it is only revealed when you render. You have to switch to toon shading to see the color. Thanks to the forum again! ::::: Opera :::::

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Thu, 25 November 2004 at 10:30 PM

Actually, I'm still unpacking from a recent move. Both the Poser 5 manual and "card" are right here. I just glanced at the card again, and found it rather confusing. Yes, the pictures are text are small.... my bi-focals can't quite handle that.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.