Sat, Sep 21, 10:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Holiday gifts?

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2000 at 7:03 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 2:21 AM

I was just curious and thought it might make an interesting thread. Since most of us here are Geeks of some sort.. ;) I'm sure everyone has at least one present they want that is relevant to computers. I read that headgamer thinks he might have a Graphire Tablet waiting on him. :) Sweet. I love mine. I hope to get a new video card for my system. I currently have a Hercules TNT1 16mb AGP. I think a Creative Annihalator 2 MX 32mb AGP is coming my way. ;) So, Whats on your list? Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ewinemiller ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2000 at 8:37 PM

Well Clint, no technology this year for the holidays. I bought myself my first mid-life crisis car, a 2001 Mustang GT. Completely impractical, but a hell of a lot of fun. I've got a buddy that bought that same video card last month. He's very happy with it, lots of bang for the buck. Eric Winemiller Digital Carvers Guild Freeware and commercial 3D extensions http://digitalcarversguild.com

Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild
Carrara and LightWave plug-ins

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2000 at 8:46 PM

Eric - Thats funny. I also did the mid-life deal last year and purchased a 1999 Z28. Have fun and drive safe! ;) Clint PS - How much HP do the 2001 Mustang GTs have?

Clint Hawkins

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ewinemiller ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2000 at 8:49 PM

260, hehehehehe. Oh, sorry was I giggling insanely again? Eric Winemiller Digital Carvers Guild Freeware and commercial 3D extensions http://digitalcarversguild.com

Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild
Carrara and LightWave plug-ins

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2000 at 9:00 PM

Yea!! Sweet. Isnt it nice to have some HP under your but? What a blast! I just love sinking my foot into the pedal and feeling the force! Im sitting on 305hp right now and am itching to get up to 360-400hp. I cant wait for spring so I can go back up to the drag strip on Friday nights and run the quarter. ;) Clint (Seems to be giggling insanely as well!)

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2000 at 9:07 PM

Gallery2Image1.jpg Lets see if this works. Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Grimpup ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2000 at 11:28 PM

Sweet looking car you got their Clint. Beats the $#!t out of my Civic. I question the mid-life excuse you used; you look to be in you late twenties to early thirties to me. Now be honest, you added the four high lights to give the picture more pop. As far as a X-mass gift I am hoping for the vision command set for my Lego Mindstorm. I love playing with robots. -Grimpup

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2000 at 6:51 AM

Grim - Awesome on the Legos! Those look like a bunch of fun! OK - Here is the scoop. Im 38. I look the same as I did back in high school. ;) Married for 14 years with a 4 year old daughter and a 15 year old son....DOH! and - No the flares on the car were really part of the pic. No Post work was done on those. :) Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

AzChip ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2000 at 4:05 PM

I'm told that I haven't aged since High School, as well. Now, how I feel, at 36 is a completely different story! As for my Christmas List (well my significant other is Jewish, so I guess it's a Chanukah list) I have RAM on it. I have been struggling along with 64 meg of ram for years now. I know it's pretty cheap, but hey, I'm easy to satisfy.... Would also love to get a nice chair for my workstation. I have an awesome one at work; just need something great at home..... Happy holidays to all! - Chip

hoborg ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2000 at 7:31 PM

Chip, I saw 256MG on-line for $84. I think it was PC ram, though, and if I remember correctly, you are a Mac-guy. But I'm sure it's still cheap. I asked for a Matrox G450 (I'm big into A/V) and some ram, myself. That chair sounds nice, I have one of those ergonomic dealies, that I love, but a caster fell off. It's a pain in the butt. HAHA. I think the legos sound nice, too, but they are so expensive! And the Hobart family just picked up a `78 Silver Edition Vette for 11,000. 350hp. So nice... only 70,000 miles on it, too.(chuckling)

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2000 at 10:21 PM

(Clint is drooling just think'in about that vette!) ;)

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

graylensman ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2000 at 7:47 AM

I wanted a G4 upgrade card for my S900 SuperMac at home, but Santa's already dropped a gift subscription to Astronomy magazine in my lap (I know, not a fair comparison, but I'm easy to please, too). As for the Mindstorms... i was quite excited to see in MacAddict a couple of months ago that there is a Mac version out. YOu just have to buy it through an educator plan. MacAddict had all the details, addresses and such. Think I might pick that up for my son's birthday...yeah, that's it... As for my midlife crisis machine, two years ago I bought a SUBARU LEGACY STATION WAGON!! I ROCK!!!! uh... well, it's a step up from the Tercel I was bombing around in....

AzChip ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2000 at 9:34 AM

Hey, Lensman, watch out! That Subaru is a chick magnet! I'm not much of a car guy -- I doubt anybody would say, "oooh! Look at that hot dude in that Chevy Corsica!" But the car gets me around. And in Phoenix, the tinted windows and AC are absolutely necessary. Hoborg -- I'm Mac at work but PC at home. Where did you see that RAM deal? I think Hanukah Harry needs the URL! (For those goyim out there -- like me -- Hanukah Harry is the tongue-in-cheek Jewish response to Santa....) Mindstorm -- cool toy! I get to play with them at work sometimes. Way too fun. And isn't that what you have kids for? To buy them the cool toys you want?

headgamer ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2000 at 10:01 AM

Clint, You are right - a Graphire is in my future, as well as an extra 128 mb RAM and the Carrara Bible (FINALLY). Also, I am selling off some stuff I never use anymore and will use the money toward a nice color PDA - kind of a Christmas present to myself... As far as vehicles go.... I just recently bought a.... 1996 Grand Caravan for the wife and two (and one on the way) boys... No time (or funds) for mid-life crisis here... and besides, at 32, I still got a few years left before I get to mid-life... at least I hope so! LOL... HG

ClintH ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2000 at 10:31 AM

OK - HG - I am looking at the Grand Caravan right now! Amazing. Its for my wife and kids. She drives a 1985 Olds Cutlass Supreme with 30k miles on it! But we need more room and are looking at the Caravan. Has it been good for ya? Im looking at the 2000 models but was curious how they hold up. I've heard good things about them.... Let me know. Thanks, Clint (Clint needs a PDA ;) )

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

headgamer ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2000 at 2:55 PM

Clint.... it's amazing how lives seem to mirror each other around here.... LOL I just couldn't swing a new one right now, but we got a great deal on a 1996 with about 50k - it is great, no problems at all so far. The one thing our model didn't have was rear air/heat, but if I remember, you're in Atlanta and heat isn't THAT big a concern! (I'm originally from Alabama but we live in Bismarck, ND now!) The great thing about the Caravans is the second sliding door on the driver's side - makes it MUCH easier to get kinds in and out. All in all we are very pleased with our purchase! In fact, it is about to lug all four of us 1100 miles to Oklahoma to see the in-laws for Christmas... If you can swing the Grand Caravan, I'd go for it - it's amazing how much more space you get with just a little more length to the thing! And as far as PDA's go, I'm selling off some of my video game stuff (my other weakness...lol) I don't use anymore, as well as a near mint 1909 Conn Cornet, and going for the Handspring Visor Prism (color!) plus some toys to go with it. Hope to get it after the first of the year... The search for toys never ends! I hate it when real world stuff (VANS!) gets in the way of all my toys! LOL.... HG

hoborg ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2000 at 2:45 PM

Chip, Hanukkah Harry will be paying me a visit, too. Anyway, if he doesn't come through, I saw that price at: http://www.1stchoicememory.com/ $84! Can you believe it? I remember when 2mb upgrades on a IBM AT were $2000. I think that if I don't get some ram this holiday season, I may buy some for myself. MAX is a hog. Cheers.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.