Mon, Sep 9, 4:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Opinions on what clothing you want!

Lady Cherry ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2000 at 11:47 AM · edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 8:20 PM

file_139304.jpg

did everyone like the Gypsy Bow Shirt found in free stuff conforming figures? A couple of the other conforming figures i did as well i hope you enjoyed. I wanted to know what things you would like to see for the posette. Props or whatever for her and i will be glad to see if i can make them. If you have a picture of what you would like made it will help me greatly! Im working on trying to get better at making conforming clothes and i think this will help. Thanks!!

The Art Door and Rendervisions Community.
For Artists By Artists

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2000 at 12:09 PM

Very nice, I'll have to go check that out. Cut-offs: t-shirts, tank-tops...

daeve ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2000 at 2:05 PM

Nice Job! A blouse with a collar would be nice....one you could have sticking out over a jacket collar.

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2000 at 2:08 PM

A bathing suit (my old one has a hole in the knee and is totally immodest),..... :) philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

mssmike ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2000 at 5:31 PM

Wish someone could develop an accurate Karate Gi (Training uniform) as conforming clothing. I'd be glad to lend technical advice on the accuracy of the project.

Lady Cherry ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2000 at 5:40 PM

can any of you send a picture of the item you want so i can see what i can do? thanks!!

For Artists By Artists

thenodemaster ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2000 at 7:08 PM

Well, any anime style armor--especially boots and tops. Sort of like a Gundam Style maybe.

BillyGoat ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2000 at 9:01 AM

How nice that you are willing to take requests. I'd love to see some classic cocktail dresses - above the knee yet tasteful. Audrey Hepburn maybe? I'm so old that I remember those fitted, sleeveless sheaths with the gauzy/lace/net overskirts... and hats with veils. Those Paris 'poof' numbers... little fox stoles (peta will be after me)and a mink jackets with those incredible shoulder pads. I am old aren't I, LOL! BillyGoat (Ms.BillyGoat, that is)

sparrowheart ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2000 at 9:24 AM

Naaaa. Probably you just watch a lot of American Movie Classics :)

spudgrl ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2000 at 12:44 PM

Some really good hip hugger pants that are slightly flared. A tuxedo jacket that has been cut off to fit right at the waist. :)

Lady Cherry ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2000 at 1:05 PM

I need images people i need to see a picture of it so i know to do hehe

For Artists By Artists

Jaager ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2000 at 2:25 PM

LC, the style of your shirt is excellent. The way that you have done it could use some refinement. The mesh is 5 Megs and I would guess that at least 95% of this is unnecessary. I took it into RDS to see if it could be simplified, but it is so large that I can go get a Pepsi while I wait for it to rotate. You have a large number of polys on the inside which do nothing for the model. The shoulders are about 50 times too big. The bow - at least that. The body of the garment is about right - it could even be a bit more dense. Use the Mesh density there as a pattern for the rest and you will have an outstanding submission. Given its present size, I wonder how useful it will be. I am coming to realize that the texture is the most important thing. As in real world plastic models, the model is merely a structure to hold paint. I do not mean to offend. If what you had produced was junk, I would not have said anything. You show real talent. I would suggest, start with the texture in mind and keep the poly count as low as you can and still have a living garment.

Lady Cherry ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2000 at 11:40 PM

well sweetie i dont know about you but ray dream is a memory sucker. also i do have mesh in the center i did not delete i suppose i could if i had to delete it. but no one seems to be having problems with it so far. Try using Truespace to edit some of it and you wont have a problem.

For Artists By Artists

Jaager ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2000 at 12:52 AM

You are right. RDS does do some squirrely things. Copy and paste or double clicking on a mesh the wrong way - you wind up out on the street. I don't know if it is RDS or that I am too lazy to exit from Macafee Virus Scan before I open it. If I hide most of the mesh, RDS is not so slow. But the issue was not RDS. It is becoming clear to me that the merits of any individual modeling program is less important than what you are comfortable with. We all develop our own styles. Poser itself is sensitive to mesh size - the more in - the slower it goes. I thought perhaps that you had not full thought out the effect of the mesh density on the shoulders and the bow. If you have some philosophical reason for making the mesh the way that you do it, I apologize for intruding.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.