Tue, Oct 1, 9:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Model in Maya format --> Vue?

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2004 at 1:04 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 9:38 PM

I have found a complex model I'd like to acquire for use in VuePro4/5.

It's in Maya format, .ma, .mb

It is a static model, no bending, morphs, animatable elements. It does have high poly count. It does have substantial textures associated.

Does anyone know of a transformation pathway to get such a thing into Vue?

::::: Opera :::::

Veritas777 ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2004 at 2:18 PM

Attached Link: http://www.righthemisphere.com/products/dexp/

This is what I use. This software is the "Swiss Army Knife" of 3D. Don't leave home without it...

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2004 at 3:24 PM

Indeed. DeepExploration is THE best 3D file/format converter I've ever used.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2004 at 4:08 PM

Well, that software looks fine and the price is within reason. It does say this: "To view/export Maya (ma, mb) files you need a copy of Maya" I don't have Maya. So, now I am going to contact the model maker and ask if I can get him to export the model in some other format, including textures. I guess my choice would be .obj, is that right? Thanks for resonding. ::::: Opera :::::

Veritas777 ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2004 at 1:36 PM

You might ask that he export in ALL of the formats Vue 5 imports- just might save you time. Vue usually does very well with OBJ, but some models import better as 3DS. (This applies to MAX models mostly). But, most likely OBJ would be best for Maya...

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2004 at 5:59 PM
Site Admin

If it's a purchese model, contact him and ask for it in a format Vue can handle, or if it's a free model, offer to pay for an export in a usable format.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2004 at 7:00 PM

Now about 24 hrs since I reqested response. Cannot attain direct contact with model company, tried Googling them, etc. The model is on Turbo Squid and that's who I wrote to. I will give them another day, then ratchet up the urgency of request. ::::: Opera :::::

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2004 at 8:47 PM
Site Admin

If you just buy the model anyway, maybe someone in the maya forum will be willing to convert it for you.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

BigGreenFurryThing ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 6:10 AM

Attached Link: http://www.alias.com/eng/products-services/maya/maya_ple/index.shtml

Alias give away a free version of Maya called Maya PLE (Personal Learning edition). I'm not sure if it contains the export component but it's free so why not try it? :-) Mark

Cheers,
Mark

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 6:32 AM
Site Admin

No, it doesn't, and also it can't take regular Maya files either. It has its own native format and only imports and exports that.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

BigGreenFurryThing ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 10:54 AM

Rats. Didn't realise that. Thanks for the info. Mark

Cheers,
Mark

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 11:03 AM

Yes, I checked out that option..... Still awaiting reply from Turbo Squid. ::::: Opera :::::

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.