Sun, Sep 22, 8:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Another can of worms?

Butch ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 8:15 AM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 9:01 AM

Today is just dawn on me and I checked my profile to be sure, but if there is a flag that you can check for nudity, why isn't there a flag you can check for other things. Personally, it has to do with my own value system, I find Renders of religious art uncomfortable and at times at best anything but religious. In other words, why isn't there a box that I can check to block those works. I am sure that everyone has their own concept of what should and should not be allowed, but a few very general blocks might be in order to allow some latitude in self censorship. Sorry if this causes some headaches, but I am curious as to why we can't block things other than Nudity or did I miss something somewhere?

SnowFox102 ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 9:12 AM

As far as I know nudity and violence are the only things that can be blocked. That said, they don't work very well becase people will often "forget" to check the flag, at least for nudity.

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 11:09 AM

Unless you're browsing "all" in the galleries all you have to do is not click.
I wish there was a filter for badly rendered naked vickies but, oh well.

...... Kendra

Jaqui ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 11:16 AM

~ROFTLMAO~ Kendra, does that include the temple and sword?

Butch ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 11:24 AM

I don't click on them. But I can see the thumbnails a lot of times the thumbnails don't show enough detail to let you know what you click on.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 11:52 AM

I wish that there was a filter for everything that I don't like.

There oughta be a law.........

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

JVRenderer ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 12:13 PM

ooh, a can of worms! me grabs can o worms and goes fishing.....

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 1:24 PM

well you cna try click only on thumbnails that show you enough detail to warn you that there are images offensive to your tastes

My website

YouTube Channel

igohigh ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 1:50 PM

Well gee, why is it that when I go to the grocery store I have to browse through all those things I don't want nor like to find the stuff I do like and want?
Why when I go to a department store do I have to pass by all those things I don't want...like to we all HAVE to see those bras and panties hanging in the isles of the women's department? Do we all HAVE to see (and smell) that barrage of perfumes as we walk by to get to the stuff we came for?
And when I go to a furniture store, why do I have to see all that garbage furniture other people would put in their homes but I would DARE put that crude in my nice home?!
When I go to the park, a convention, or other community area why is it I have to see all those 'ugly' people? And people wearing clothes that I can't stand to see them in? Panties hugging bare hips, boxers hanging below the shorts, cleavage, bare mid-driffs....?

If you ask me I think there are just TOO many prejudice and self centered people that want to run around like Hitler and try to make everyone think like them and Only like them....wake up people, you/we are NOT the only ones on this planet; one person's food is another person's poison and that's just the way it is. If you don't like it then don't look! You and Only you have control of your eyes, ears, and mouse. There is a lot of stuff in the galleries I don't like either but has anyone Ever heard me complain in the 5 years I've been hanging out at Rendo? No, I choose what to notice and what not to, if I do click on a thumb and notice it's not what I 'thought' it was going to be then I hit the back button (most browser have a back button) and then I simply Forget that I saw it...simple.
Hey, I am not gay and don't like looking at gay art...but to each their own, I just don't look but I wouldn't go condemning the entire gay community cuz some of the stuff they do make does fit into my realm of what I like. Take from life what makes you feel good and leave the rest for someone else....

I get SO sick of the self righteous, narrow minded, cynical people who feel 'they, and only they' know what is good for the world and if the whole world don't drop to their knees for them then they are not being treated right! It's a diverse world out there people, Get Over It or go join the Taliban and try to change it!

Butch ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 2:07 PM

Congrations igohigh, you got my message. I was hoping that someone would see what I was really saying. Thank you Butch

Butch ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 2:15 PM

I have been a member here since this place started and to me this is always been a place where I go and get things that I needed and information that would me in my art. Things seemed to have gotten kinda of shaky here recently and I thought maybe it was time to get people thinking about what this site was suppose to be about and how to me silly some of the recent post and actions have been. I am not trying to impose my judgement on people nor am I critizing anyone....

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 4:02 PM

Well, some site have a lot of possible labels. One of them -- I'll not name it but some of you may know it -- puts horror and sci-fi in the same category. Oh, and check my image "Cliche in the Temple".

timid ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 4:16 PM

here here igohigh....exactly what i was trying to point out in another forum here not long ago. to me, its personal choice of what i view, buy, see, watch, take home, etc etc, and no one has the right to remove those choices from me but me. thats why we were made with our heads on swivels, we can always turn our heads in the other direction.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 4:33 PM

True, true......we all have choices. Including the owners of businesses.

The owners of a business have a free option as to what products they do - or do not - choose to offer for sale to the public.

Likewise, customers have the option of buying - or of not buying - the proferred merchandise.

It's all about choices. Free choices.

You have yours, and others have theirs.

So, while one might or might not be restricted as to what they view, buy, see, watch - etc., neither can it be stipulated that others are required to offer these items for sale.

It's a business decision, and a business stands or falls based upon such decisions.

If one wants their freedom - then one is required to recognize the freedom of others.

Even "adult" sites have rules. They don't allow just anything.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 6:28 PM

I think some people are over-reacting. Butch didn't ask that all genres he doesn't like be removed from everyone all the time whether they liked it or not. Nor did he condemn everyone contributing to those genres. He asked if there was a way to filter out some genres he doesn't enjoy, or if it could be added. It doesn't seem like an unreasonable request to me. It would save time for people browsing through the galleries, and bandwidth for the site by not having to serve up thumbnails that the person browsing isn't interested in.

I'm sorry, Butch, but to the best of my knowledge, Renderosity doesn't have that functionality at this time.

timid ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 6:38 PM

okay now i have a thought...more of a question/thought. now i'm not unaware of the reasons behind some changes currently going on. those are for the higher ups to take care of, its all good. though some are rather....uptight about certain issues that i won't go into here. given that, why can't a few extra filters be instilled? not that difficult really and yes it would save on the bandwidth issue for the site. then the issues over what gets viewed and what doesn't would be...at least better solved then having everything open?

igohigh ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 6:53 PM

I wonder what Leonardo da Vinci, Boris Vallejo & Julie Bell, Aristotle, Vincent van Gogh, Michelangelo, Raphael, Alexander Graham Bell, Archimedes, and Enro Rubik would have created if they all walked around with blinders (filters) on??? slaps forehead Oh I know! They did all walk around refusing to look at or accept anything that wasn't 100% their idea of "ideal"....that's how they all got famous, they refused all that wasn't to their taste!

looniper ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2004 at 2:17 AM

Where the heck did that post come from? The original poster isn't asking that something be banned, but that they have the right to choose what they want to view. Your responce here is a bit off topic, excessive, and to be honest, hipocritical. You are complaining that people should not be influenced or forced into certain beliefs or ways of doing things, as a negative responce to a post asking for the FREEDOM TO CHOOSE what he/she wants to view. If I filter out nudity, it doesn't mean I'm prejudiced against naked people. :P Heck I AM one at least twice a day. It just means that I'd rather be able to go to the gallery and view the content I actually want to look over rather than wade through today's 140 nude Victoria renders to find it. Just FYI, I have no filters on, as I find the entire range of content interesting, but I would feel more like Hitler for forcing others to view them all than I would for giving them a choice. ;)

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 02 December 2004 at 10:57 AM

Your responce here is a bit off topic, excessive, and to be honest, hipocritical. Please refer to Post #1 then to Post #10. Then read the whole thread rather then just the parts you want to read. I have made no statements that people should not be able to filter out stuff, my statements are just that people tend to get too carried away in wanting to filter everything out that is not their own ideals. As for your last statement; does not having filters or having filters "force" anyone to stop and look??? As far as the whole 'Nekkid Vicky in the Gallery' concept goes, I agree there are too many, too many that are not really 'Art' to the point that they needed posting in any gallery. IMO there is too much garbage renders all in all in the gallery (nude, religious, or otherwise), but then who am I to determain which these are and which these are not....it is to some degree all in the eye of the beholder, and to another degree 'was it genuinely a "gallery worthy" image. Filters are a Good thing people, they accomodate everyone's Needs, but should not be used to accomodate anyone's Tastes.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.