Thu, Oct 3, 6:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Poser Pro Pack Document Window solution problem.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 1:50 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 4:10 AM

I have Poser 4.03, Pro Pack, and 5 SR2 installed. The VM setting is 2GB. 4.03 and 5 work well, but Pro Pack has the dreaded unusable Document Window (gray square with rest white, nothing showing properly). I have the Memory Updater, but every time I attempt to run it on my Pro Pack install, it says that it isn't a valid install. It runs on 4.03 and 5 (which is unnecessary). I own all versions. Yes, resetting the preferences doesn't fix the problem. I thought that I had applied the Memory Updater during install, but I have since added more memory to my computer (now 4GB, but only 3 is seen by the WinXP) and changed my screen resolution from 1600x1200 to 2048x1536. But setting it back to 1600x1200 doesn't resolve it either (unless I have to reset the preferences afterwards). Any thoughts on a solution to the problem?

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Mon, 06 December 2004 at 2:06 PM

Got it. The memory updater in my Poser Pro Pack install folder is for Poser 4.03 (which explains why it updated it without problems). That discrepancy is fixed. I used it since CL's website was unavailable for a while there and couldn't verify the updater. Once I got in and could download the proper one, it worked. Geez... ;)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.