Sun, Sep 22, 4:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Poser Hack: Changing the display font?

tedbragg ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2004 at 11:09 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:31 AM

I cannot read Poser's display font for dials, under the document window, the libraries, etc. I want to change it to a smaller, sans-serif font. Right now it's too big, and I can't read the name of dials or props easily. How can this be done? Which font file(s) is Poser calling up for its stuff?

TygerCub ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2004 at 3:11 PM

This would be handy to know for P4 too... bookmark

lmckenzie ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2004 at 7:22 PM

Been discussed and tried many times--no answer so far. Poser AFAIK isn't using A normal Windows font file.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2004 at 8:50 PM

I think it's possible in P5 but I'm damned if I can remember how. I seem to remember a discussion about it - and other P5 tricks - at PoserPros.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

tedbragg ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2004 at 9:06 PM

I'm on the Mac version. Once Poser launched and had Courier. It was a nightmare to look at, but proved the font can be changed.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2004 at 9:29 PM

I know you can change the size. but i dont think you can change the typeface. I made the size of my text bigger when i removed the dial graphic and shortened the dial area. i do occationaly have a problem when the name is long and overruns onto the values.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

lmckenzie ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 12:26 PM

In P4 at least, if you exceed a certain number of lolders in a category eg. Poses, the dial text becomes truncated. Reducing the number of folders will fix that. In P4 (PC) there are a couple of files one is ASIFont.fon (IIRC) looking inside one in a text editor I found the name Altura Software. A little research seems to indicate that Poser was originally ported to the PC using their product Mac2Win. I don't know what they may have done regarding fonts but my hunch is that fonts are somehow embedded/interpreted/who knows. There's a reference to "mono" in the .fon file as well as "FONTRES 100,96,96". The file asifont.map contains a list of font names. How any of this is related, I don't know. If you're brave, you can make a backup copy of the files and play around with them in a hex editor and see if it changes anything. I'm doubtful because this has been an issue for a long time and I'd think that Meta or CL would have provided a fix if it were that easy.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.