Sat, Sep 21, 3:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: Daz Studio versus Poser?

arcady ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 2004 at 2:06 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:59 PM

Daz Studio is free, but what exactly is it and is there any reason to go and get it if I have Poser? Is it superior to Poser 4 pro? Different? More of an intro product? or what?

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

freefall565 ( ) posted Wed, 24 November 2004 at 8:22 PM

I'm actually using it right now. It's a good program with a few minor bugs and the renders are in my opinion fantastic compared to poser with alot more material options for clothing and characters. the render time is somewhat slower and depending on the figure, moving things in the scene can be timely. I would recomend getting it and if you dont like it you can always uninstall, but i think its worth it.

casey_42 ( ) posted Fri, 26 November 2004 at 12:11 PM

Worth every penny it costs and then some :)

kingamonggods ( ) posted Fri, 26 November 2004 at 4:43 PM

It's great, it lets you do all sorts of stuff more efficiently, browsing through your libraries is a breeze. The only edge I would give poser over this (apart from some bugs) is that poser 4 will run much faster than daz studio on older machines.

casey_42 ( ) posted Sat, 27 November 2004 at 12:08 AM

Well, there is the matter of magnets, and the animations.

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 1:00 PM · edited Wed, 01 December 2004 at 1:01 PM

It doesn`t do inverse kinematics either yet, AFAIK. I prefer poser 5 because I do have an older computer and daz studio is very slow on it.

Message edited on: 12/01/2004 13:01

Sherlock ( ) posted Tue, 07 December 2004 at 11:07 PM · edited Tue, 07 December 2004 at 11:08 PM

When I render with Daz Studio, it crashes without so much as an error message. I have downloaded and tried every version. The results are always the same no matter what I render. This doesn't happen with Poser 5 or Lightwave. It's really sad, too, because I like the interface, and I wanted to find something that is less of a resource hog than P5.

Message edited on: 12/07/2004 23:08

Prikshatk ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 4:59 AM

If you are on a mac, then this sounds like the renderer time out behaviour. The PC version of 0.9.12.6 should render OK, the mac version of 0.9.12.6 is any day now.

regards
pk
www.planit3d.com

Sherlock ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 2:44 PM

Prikshatk, you are right. 0.9.12.6 did solve my problem. I didn't even know a newer version had been released. Thanks a million. I did notice that trans-maps behave differently in DS. Can you point me to a thread that explains the differences?

prixat ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 4:23 PM

I haven't seen any such threads. Most are about the 'improved' OpenGL not working! ;)

regards
prixat

Sherlock ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 6:31 PM

I have that problem, too, but I thought I'd solve one at a time. ;0 }

prixat ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 6:40 PM

By transmap, do you mean the bushy eyebrows and solid lashes, when using the 3delight renderer?

regards
prixat

Sherlock ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2004 at 7:15 PM

No. I imported from a PZ3 with a hair transmap. When in render is DS, all of the hair is about 50% transparent. Opacity is set to 100%. If I set the transmap to none, the hair is visible again, but of course the transmap is not applied.

PoisenedLily ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2004 at 3:42 AM

Actually that Render crashing thing that Sherlock mentioned happens to me as well. Im on a PC with a pentium 4 2.60 ghz and 1 gig of ram. Any other ideas what might cause it? Im also using the latest version of DAZ Studio. Thanks Gina

casey_42 ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2004 at 8:12 PM

I have a thought, have you set your openGL render to one pass per light? If you are rendering openGL having it set for more moiught be the problem, every time I try to save a scene it is fifty fifty as to whether or not the render will make it through,

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.