Wed, Sep 25, 7:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 7:30 am)

Subject: Specifying BVH Offset

Enivob ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2004 at 4:28 PM ยท edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 7:32 AM

Hi All, I have several figures that I want to use motion capture with. The BVH files come from different vendors. When I import BVH files, my figures jump to the origin of the BVH data. I need to offset all the data back into my scene origin. Is there a way to do this in Poser, or am I stuck having to edit all the BVH data? Thanks Enivob

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2004 at 4:33 PM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/tutorial7.htm

This short tutorial may help you.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2004 at 12:40 AM

You could also use the body's rotation and trans values to offset the BVH data. Body channels aren't saved automatically to poses, however.

omega ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2004 at 12:39 AM

One of the major problems with combining variouse BVH files is when the hip ( y rotation ) is 90 or 180 degrees out. Trying to correct this with a body rotation is messy and usually does not work ( also cannot be saved as a pz2 file ). You cannot rotate the hip globaly as this will mess up the animation. I have tried modifing the basic BVH files. this works but takes years and I wont try it again ANY IDEAS FOR THIS ??????

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2004 at 1:27 AM

omega, I'm not clear why the information in my tutorial would not solve your problem unless I'm not understanding what you mean by rotating the hip globally. Could you please explain further so that I may better address the issue.

Thanks,

omega ( ) posted Tue, 14 December 2004 at 11:17 PM

The tutorial deals with translation that is easily fixed globaly in the graphs editor ( as shown in your tutorial ) However if you try the same thing for the hip in y rotation to match two bvh files, you will find that the animation will be dramatically altered. The only way to rotate the hip (y) is to rotate the body and this cannot be saved in a pz2 file

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 4:29 AM

Attached Link: http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pcooke/RenderosityPost12152004.htm

You may well be right, however my experience as shown by this link indicates otherwise.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.