Thu, Sep 19, 6:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Cool! I got Bryce 4...but

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2004 at 6:23 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:33 PM

wow..all the wonderful things Bryce can do..but wait..I already have 5..;) but I got Daz Studio!..wait, I already had that too..oh, but it did upgrage my copy..but I got Turbo Importer!..which, honestly, is the real reason I got 3d World..;)

Installed the importer and D|S..now..where exactly is this thing (turbo), and how do I use it?..;) I'll go see if there's anything in the pdf..but thought I could get a quick answer here..;)

Message edited on: 12/10/2004 18:24

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Warblade ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2004 at 6:54 PM

If you find one let me know cuz i bought the damn thing instaled it and cnt find it in bryce or D/S!

LunarTick ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2004 at 6:55 PM

pakled the turbo importer is installed so it is easier to import poser/DAZ Studio objects with the textures, you don't need to go looking for it :)

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2004 at 9:08 PM

Turbo Importer basically takes the place of the Bryce obj importer plug-in found in the Bryce plug-in folder. It's named is OBJimporter.bro

Stephen Ray

Nukeboy ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2004 at 9:20 PM

It works with or without DAZ Studio and only partly well, with or without DAZ Studio. If you import w/o DS, you still have to go hunting for your textures and you still have to manually set ambience, transparency and bump. If you export out of DS, then import to Bryce, you don't have to go looking for textures because DS duplicates them into another file. But you still have to adjust ambience, transparency and bump. The biggest problem I have now, other than DS crashing constantly, is that when it exports, it arbitrarily loses objects. I created a pz3 file in Poser (a fully clothed Vicky) and imported it to DS. Worked great. When I export Vicky as an .obj and import it into Bryce, shes suddenly topless! I tried it with several different shirt/pants combos and each time she's topless. I think DS is perverted and may explain all those nekkid Vickys over there in the Poser gallery!

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2004 at 10:12 PM

hmm..good ta know..;) well, I find that a lot of the Poser content seems to be missing..makes ya wonder..;) I'll play around with it..at least I know where to start, now..;)

zippyozzy ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2004 at 11:44 PM ยท edited Fri, 10 December 2004 at 11:46 PM

PS: You have to keep conform the clothing in Posr before you export it as an .obj file into Bryce. It's hard to keep the cloths on the model but I have a sample of how I did it in my Renderosity gallery. You have to keep using the conform button in Poser and saving the file each time as the parent character. Conforming the cloths is a really big pain in Poser because some cloths are conformable and some aren't. And in Bryce you have to keeprendering the cloths and using the group, ungroup to get the cloths to stay on. Oh and you need the right "Vickie" clothing to make it stay on. Use Poser4 & Bryce5 like I do it's much easier to conform the clothing.

Message edited on: 12/10/2004 23:46

ysvry ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2004 at 2:02 AM

sounds sucky better learn wings and make your own cloths

for some free stuff i made
and for almost daily fotos

Bea ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2004 at 5:21 AM

I got D/S so I could produce posed figures for Bryce and so far (touch wood) I have absolutely no problems :)

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2004 at 10:50 AM

Wings is easy..making clothes is hard..;) I've had Bryce and Poser for about the same time (wish I coulda got Bryce 5 for what I paid for Bryce 4..;) so I'm no real stranger to exporting figures..but the texturing is a hassle (even though there's Grouper out there, I'm too lazy to go find it..though I have about 3 copies downloaded...somewhere..;) Maybe it will let me transfer dynamic hair..anyone tried that yet?..thanks for all the help.

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Sat, 11 December 2004 at 9:03 PM

If you want Bryce to import the texture maps you applied to the figure in Poser. Browse to the location of every texture map applied in Poser, make a copy of them, then save the copy to the same folder that the exported OBJ file is located in. ( that is what D/S does when it exports OBJ ) When Bryce looks for texture maps, it defaults to the same location that the imported obj file came from. If all the texture maps are located at that location it will auto load them. If you have set up your texture maps with alpha channels in Photoshop. Then the maps will load with alpha info for bump and/or transparency. But you may need to assign a texture window to the bump, specularity, or transparency channels in Bryce's Material Lab. The texture window may also need Alpha scaling enabled for the channel setting to be correct. Material options may also need to be manually set to correct the material. I believe the Turbo Importer is suppose to set the bumb channel to the proper texture window. Not sure about the Transparency or Reflective channels.

Stephen Ray

zippyozzy ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2004 at 2:42 AM ยท edited Sun, 12 December 2004 at 2:43 AM

I haven't tried DZ just yet. I'm still working my way around Poser4 & Bryce5. Actually, I find clothing to be the easy part of what I want to do. I'm still trying to figure out how to make a scene animate if its at all possible in Bryce5. And to top things off I had to close my homepage because the freebie had too many file restictions & wouldnt let me upload my files so I guess I'll be sticking to adding them here instead. ugh. ;)

Message edited on: 12/12/2004 02:43

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2004 at 1:43 PM

hmm..there's a thought..I'll just copy all the textures from everything to one directory...mwuaHAHAHA..;) ah, the wonderful properties of search|*.jpg..;) it's a thought..I was hoping it'd import dynamic hair or somthin'..;) ah well..thanks again, all.

jelisa ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 5:31 PM

Nukeboy, you shouldn't have to adjust ambience, transparency and bump after installing the Turbo Importer - it is set up to take the percentage in Poser/DS and translate that to the Bryce equivalent, i.e., 1 in Poser for bump is 100% in DS, which is less than 10 in Bryce. It places the ball in the Transparency channel and set the blend transparency to on. If the import into Bryce isn't doing that, then you may not have installed the Turbo Importer correctly. It should have been installed to the main Bryce 5 directory folder so that the installer replaces the original OBJImport.bro file with the new one in the plugins folder. Look in the plugins folder and make sure that the OBJImport.bro file has a date of about 7/22/04.

Nukeboy ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 5:13 AM

file_154927.jpg

Yup, it's 07/22/2004 10:45 AM.

Perhaps my settings in Poser are not correct to begin with. Here's an example; I create a Vicki, slap a texture on her (say Int'l Beauties) Stick hair on her. All using the default settings of the MAT files. She'll render fine in Poser. I'll exporter her to Bryce as a .obj. (I've tried importing a .pz3 file into D|S and exporting to Bryce, but either the figure misaligns from conformed clothes, or objects are omitted from the exported file -- see above).

Once the file is imported into Bryce, the materials end up like this and the next example:

Nukeboy ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 5:14 AM

file_154928.jpg

And here's what I get for bump maps...

jelisa ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 8:33 AM

Ah, you're exporting from Poser. If you're not exporting from DS, then the Turbo Importer can't help much. DS adds extra information to the MTL file that the Turbo Importer interprets and applies. Poser doesn't give the importer all the information it needs to set everything correctly. DAZ has given this information to CL but I don't know if they're planning on implementing it. There hasn't been much of a clamor requesting it from them.

Nukeboy ( ) posted Fri, 17 December 2004 at 7:12 PM

Oh well. Maybe the next itteration of D|S will work better for me. Right now, it arbitrarily fails to export an object or two... seems to happen mostly with the third figure added.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.