Sun, Sep 22, 10:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Clothing character with unusual proportions solved.

duanemoody ( ) posted Mon, 20 December 2004 at 2:44 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:25 AM

file_158370.jpg

An idea this useful can't be original, so bear with me if a million people did this already. I've got an adult character whose body proportions are essentially somewhere between adult and hobbit, mostly done with scaling body parts. The V3 clothes don't handle it well even if the equivalent body parts are scaled the same. So, I went around the back way and imported their OBJ files in as props and ran them through the Clothing Room.

Indoda ( ) posted Mon, 20 December 2004 at 5:41 AM

Thanks for your post I was about to try that on a garment that doesn't quite conform but wasn't sure if it would work. Now I'll definitely give it a try.

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

duanemoody ( ) posted Mon, 20 December 2004 at 8:07 AM

This also means I can use clothing built for other figures (within reasonable limits). But you all knew that already, right?

greetinx ( ) posted Mon, 20 December 2004 at 8:47 AM

Trying the cloth room in Poser 5 is always worth a try... the most important thing is that the mesh is only one-sided. Most of the rest you can tweak somehow.

duanemoody ( ) posted Mon, 20 December 2004 at 10:50 AM

Yeah, I figured if the sleeves looked transparent inside in the Pose room that they were one-sided, but since the figure mapping comes through intact when imported as a prop it was probably a non-issue (i.e. I can apply all the same textures the same way).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.