Sat, Sep 21, 12:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: My new V3 wont work!

srrdude ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 12:39 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:28 PM

So a few of you might remember me askin about the necessity of getting v3. I was convinced by her amazing resolution, so i bought the anniversary pack. installed everything, but cant get her to work in poser5 or DAZ|studio. Anyone know why?

zippyozzy ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 1:04 AM · edited Mon, 03 January 2005 at 1:07 AM

Have you tried re-installing her? I never understood the hype over V3 myself. It should work with Daz Studio though. After all, it's their own product. Daz comes with it's own version of Vickie already installed in the content folder. I've worked with Daz Studio but not Poser5. Does it appear in your content folders? Can you try a fresh install of the character?

Message edited on: 01/03/2005 01:07

Tilandra ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 1:15 AM

How exactly is it "not working"? The character won't load into the workspace? She loads but comes up as a blob? She renders with big blotchy shadows? You can't find her to load her? And correct me if I'm wrong, but they have different install selections when installing for Poser or DAZ/Studio. At least the last several new freebies from them have had me choose which program I'm installing for. Is this the new Anniversary pack?

srrdude ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 1:20 AM

This is the new anniversary pack. It shows up in the runtine library and the icon is there, but she wont show up in the workspace. It is just blank.

Tilandra ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 1:25 AM

When you click the double checkmark to add her to the workspace, does the text under the window say you have a figure in the scene, it's just not visible? That would indicate a problem with the geometry file, in which case it's best to try re-installing the package to see if that clears it up. If that doesn't clear it up, or if you're not showing that there's a figure in the scene, then you may have to open up the CR2 file in a text editor and see what file it's looking for, and where. If that's not something you're comfortable doing, post again and we'll try to help.

srrdude ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 1:28 AM

definately not comfortable with that... I checked to see that she was added, and she is added, but not visible (or hidden, i checked that to.)

zippyozzy ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 1:34 AM

Like I said, you may have to do a fresh in-stall of the character if it's not showing up in your workspace. If she's added it still not showing? Then, try asking someone from the Daz Studio forum? Cos it sounds to me like you're overriding the character that's already pre-installed if in Daz Studio. A clean install might be the only way to go. ;)

srrdude ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 1:36 AM

thats what im trying

srrdude ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 1:45 AM · edited Mon, 03 January 2005 at 1:50 AM

ok i reinstalled everything that came in the anniversary pack for poser(all files) into the c:programfiles/curiouslabs/poser5 directory, and when i go to open v3, it asks me to locate /blMLv3 or something like that. edit: the file is blMilWom_v3.obj I ran a search through my computer and found no such file anywhere.

Message edited on: 01/03/2005 01:50

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 1:47 AM

The V3 anniversary bundle doesn't actually include the V3 figure. Have you bought V3 separately? because that error message is where Poser is trying to locate the .obj file for V3. If you have got the V3 base pack, then it sounds like it might not be installed in the correct location, or at least it isn't where Poser is expecting it to be...

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

srrdude ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 1:57 AM

is doesnt come with v3? it said it did!

srrdude ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 2:02 AM · edited Mon, 03 January 2005 at 2:03 AM

oh my gosh i feel so ripped off right now, i read the page wrong. so basically none of the stuff i just bought does me any good?

Message edited on: 01/03/2005 02:03

Kelderek ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 2:06 AM

karen is correct, it appears that you are trying to use the Anniversary Bundle without having V3 installed. The Anniversary Bundle is just an add-on, you need the following products for it to work:

• V3 Base
  • V3 Head Morph Pack
  • V3 Body Morph Pack
  • V3 & SP Clothing Pack

This is stated on the product page. If you missed it, you should ask DAZ for a refund and buy the basic V3 packs first and start with those.

V3 is an amazing figure, but the Anniversary bundle does not appear to be a very good deal to me. If you start with the basic V3 products listed above and add some free hair from Kozaburo and a nice skin texture, you can come very far without the bundle.

srrdude ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 2:10 AM

i totally read the required products as the included products, thats why i bought it. However, one of the files i downloaded with the bundle is named v3 base pack and i installed that.

richardson ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 2:14 AM

I did it too a long time ago (had everything but V3base). It gets so confusing for newcomers and unless you read every line, this happens. Once you get her loaded, you'll forget about this... She's too much fun. And don't move her files from their default library location until you have a lot of experience.. The stuff you bought will help in your scenes

srrdude ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 2:18 AM

except i cant use it because i dont have v3 base apparently, and im assuming that they wont do refunds for e-downloads.

srrdude ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 2:22 AM

so i have to spend another 80 dollars for what i just paid for to work...

Kelderek ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 2:23 AM

DAZ is pretty good with refunds, they offer an unconditional 30 day refund policy, even for downloads. You should contact them, tell them about your mistake and I'm sure they will sort it out.

srrdude ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 2:28 AM

seriously? that makes me feel quite a bit better. There refunds even cover stupid mistakes like mine huh? Does it cover downloads that have already been downloaded? But i doubt anyone is around to pick up a phone at 12:30 on sunday night huh.. Another question: is it entirely necessary to buy both the body morph and head morph package? Can i not morph the v3 base's body or head without it, or are those just preset moprhs i can load on? I can still morph and inject the v3 base to look like what comes in the other 2 packages right?

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 5:16 AM

Yes, the guarantee covers stuff that has been downloaded. They're good about stuff like this, unlike most other Poser sites. Send them an email to the sales dept (addy in the confirmation email you got from them). And yes, you must have the morph packs to use these characters. :] Fish

Kelderek ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 5:32 AM

The base V3 comes without morphs. The packages you already bought injects morphs that are in the Head and Body Morph Packs and applies a dial value to create the characters. Without the Morphs Packs, V3 is is pretty useless unless you are madly in love with the default V3 look ;-)

Risika75 ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 5:46 AM

When you get the refund if you are still interested in getting V3, get the Digital Design Kit standard. It contains V3 base, head and body morphs, Clothing pack, millenium flip hair and the standard res textures. It is $100. If you are a Platinum Club member it is only $70. Hope that helps :D Michelle

srrdude ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 7:40 AM

thanks for the input guys i really appreciate it. Its about 6 oclock here in cali so i think ill go ahead and hit the old dusty trail...

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 10:30 AM · edited Mon, 03 January 2005 at 10:31 AM

Attached Link: Vicky 3 Anniversary pack

Just to make sure everything is clear, here is a list of required products:

View required products:
Victoria 3.0 Base
Victoria 3.0 Head Morph Pack
Victoria 3.0 Body Morph Pack
V3 & SP Clothing Pack
PS, I think it's a good idea to check on the original product page before we ask a new Poser user to reinstall or start editing a CR2 file.

Message edited on: 01/03/2005 10:31

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 11:58 AM

You'll have to spent another $109,80 to get the V3 Anniversary Bundle working.... That's the way it goes most of the time at DAZ, somehow you spent lot's more then you intended. Once you get the V3 figure, you better take a hold of yourself and make sure you're not spending lot's and lot's of money on her. She's worse then a wife or girlfriend. You could also just ask for a refund.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 12:15 PM

Or you could join the Platinum Club, and get your discounts.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 12:31 PM

Yeah.....V3 can be a sigh.....very demanding girl.

She won't do a thing around the house.

All that she does is sit around and demand more money for new clothes, hairdos, makeovers.

It just goes on and on. V3 is just such a selfish, self-centered woman. She never does a lick of work in exchange for her upkeep.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

zippyozzy ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 1:37 PM

Keep your pack and try to buy the orginal V3. Everything for the new V3 from Daz is more or less an upgrade for the orginal Vickie.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 1:54 PM

You will get a $30.00 voucher for buying the V3 Anniversary Bundle. Use that to buy V3. Well, that's what I would, but that's me.

FishNose ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 2:06 PM

Yeah, I would recommend refund followed by purchase of PC membership, followed by purchase of the stuff you need. The discounts and vouchers will give back the cost of PC membership right away. :] Fish

srrdude ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 2:09 PM

i dont wanna pay monthly...

Silke ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 3:40 PM

As one who just didn't renew PC membership (thank god you didn't see they typo I just made but I'm still laughing) I'd say go for a Poserworld subscription rather than a PC subscription. I've not renewed because... there is nothing there I want and I get annoyed at a $5 voucher that forces me to spend twice that amount so I can use it. And yep, that Anniversary Bundle is conveniently ambigously touted as a starter pack. None of the starter packs contain the actual figure, I learned that the hard way (like you did) on another figure. It basically soured me even more and resulted in my not having bought anything from Daz in quite some time now. Do I miss it? Nope.

Silke

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 3:53 PM

With the PC Membership, you get a discount on all DAZ original products, including Vicky 3 and her morphs. You won't get that from a Poserworld subscription. So the two don't compare in this instance. Beyond that, I totally agree. Those DAZ starter packs are misleading in the sense that you can't get started with them. The Vicky 3 anniversary pack wasn't such a great deal. It would have made sense to at least have an alternative where people could get Vicky 3, and her morph packs as a package deal, with a reduced price.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 4:12 PM

PC membership is a great deal for anyone that actually spends money at DAZ. You get great price breaks on DAZ products. You more than make your PC investment back over the course of a year.

As for the Anniversary Bundle -- it's a fantastic deal. With the sale price, more off for my PC discount, and the follow-up $30.00 voucher -- the Anniversary Bundle is dirt cheap.

Silke ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 4:45 PM

"PC membership is a great deal for anyone that actually spends money at DAZ." Yeah well. That's where the crux of the matter is. Like I said, there's nothing there that I want. Yeah, maybe the boots for V3, but I know I'd use them once and then not for a long time, so this arrangement is saving me a heck of a lot more money and making me look at the stuff I already got - as well as the tons of freestuff out there. And if I spend $30 you can rest assured I won't be spending it at Daz because... well... sorry. They used to be quality and worth it. They aren't anymore. I go to RDNA for that. And Bobbie, yes with the PC Membership I'd get a discount on the V3 Figure (which I have anyway). But that's like... umm... false economy. I don't actually save anything. I actually spend more so I can 'Save'. At least that's how it worked out for me.

Silke

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 4:50 PM

It's a great deal for anyone who wants to get started with Vicky 3. And, well one could cancel later if the PC Club doesn't meet their needs. I did.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 4:55 PM

I'll make plenty of use of the characters and hair in the Anniversary Bundle.

The boots will probably stay in my runtime: without seeing much, if any, use.

As for membership at Poserworld -- I highly recommend it. But I don't see PW membership as an either/or thing with the DAZ PC. Both places have their excellent points. You can eat steak and lobster at the same time. No problem.

But it's true -- if DAZ doesn't have anything that you want, then you shouldn't spend your money there.

Fortunately, DAZ has plenty that I want.

RDNA has excellent quality stuff, too.

Once again, there is no false either/or choice here.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.