Mon, Sep 9, 5:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: Vue 5 benchmark ?

Eisbaerchen ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 8:51 AM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 7:59 PM

Hi, is anyone interested in doing a little speed test with vue 5 ? Lets say we choose one standart vue5-scene with a certain render-setting for everyone (e.g. ultra setting, 800*600 with 72 dpi). Then everyone posts the render-time and the computer this was achieved with. I wonder what the results would be like. Comments ?

blaufeld ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 9:42 AM

Excellent idea! Count me in!

Singular3D ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 6:32 PM

Sounds good. Let's share a scene

Eisbaerchen ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 7:42 PM

well, Id suggest that we use the standart vue scene called "causistics" by Mitch Janssen....its found under samples 2...I think it would be clever to start rendering directly after the pc was rebooted...all programs except vue 5 of course should be turned off...it would also be nice if everyone has all of his software ( specially vue ;) ) up to date :)....dont chance anything except the rendersettings... settings should be "ultra", "render to screen", resolution 800*600, 72 dpi.... when you post your render-time please post your pc-settings as detailed as possible... e.g. cpu, how many megs and what kind of ram, video card used (memory?), OS, and so on....please be as precise as you can :) Tia p.s. if anyone has good suggestions please share it :)

Eisbaerchen ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 3:20 AM

ok, my pc rendered it in 4h 27min and 12 seks details are: athlon xp 2000+, 1 gig of ram (266 mhz), Geforce 4 TI 4200 with 64 megs, win 2K, vue 5.03-2, directx 9.0c ;) looking forward for your results :)

Singular3D ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 9:44 AM

This is my result: 4h 27min 11secs (1sec faster :-) ) Athlon XP 2100+ 1 Gig RAM (266MHz) GeForce Ti4200 (64MB) Windows XP Pro Vue 5.03-2 DirectX 9.0b Seems almost identical. Vue seems to be equaly fast on 2000 and XP Pro.

aeilkema ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2005 at 3:39 PM

Here is my result: 3h 53min 9secs (over half an hour faster ;-) ) Athlon XP 2400+ 512 Mb RAM (266MHz) Radeon 9600 Pro EZ (256MB) Windows XP Home Vue 5.03-2 DirectX 9.0 As far as I can tell rendering speeds in Vue 5 really depends on the cpu speed. My cpu is about 12.5% faster and render time is also about 12.5% faster then the other 2 given. Between the XP2000+ and the XP2100 there's hardly any difference at all, but the XP2400+ seems to make quite a difference in this case. I'm still debating if the amount of RAM is of any influence at all, I'm going to upgrade to 1 gig or more in the future, as soon as I've saved enough money to do so. I'm out of money after getting a PoserWorld lifetime subscription and buying a new radio controlled helicopter. So, it may take a while.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Singular3D ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2005 at 4:51 PM

You're definitely right about the CPU speed. The RAM may only be of value, when you render a large scene. The 2100+ seems to be equaly fast on the interface to the RAM compared with the 2000+. It's interesting that the graphics card doesn't make a noticable difference. Seems no 3D features of the hardware are used.

Eisbaerchen ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2005 at 5:17 PM

hehe I guess it really makes sense to buy a new pc from time to time if one renders a lot (specially with vue 5)....I dont even dare to use some of the cool new features of vue 5 lige GI or GR because Im afraid i dont live long enough to see the result ;)... 12.5 % dont sound too impressive at first sight, but it can actually save one lots of time ;) thx for posting your results :)

Singular3D ( ) posted Wed, 05 January 2005 at 6:09 PM

Well, I decided to wait with a new PC until early 2006. BTX board layout and power supply is coming together with new PCI-Xpress graphic cards and serial ATA drives at a reasonable price. I also hope that the AMD 64bit architecture will be used in future to speed things up and allow us to adress more than 4 Gigs RAM. Rendering with GI isn't so bad. A complex picture only needed 5 hours on my PC. Just remember that caustics are also CPU heavy.

blaufeld ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 12:43 AM

4h 06min 03secs Athlon XP 2500+ 512 Mb RAM DDR 400MHz Radeon 9800 Pro (256MB) Windows XP Professional SP2 Vue 5.03-2 DirectX 9.0b ...I don't think a bigger amount of ram can make the differences - but I'm upgrading nonetheless.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.