Fri, Sep 20, 1:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: which frame you like better? (photo taken with my new cam!!!)

tvernuccio ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:52 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:33 PM

file_166062.jpg

ok guys...i tried out my new cam tonight and had a blast!!! luv it so far!!!! here's an image i made...may upload this tonight or tomorrow in my gallery. I made 2 frames but can't decide which i like better. I'm leaning toward the simpler one with orange/green; however, something about the other one i like too. what are YOUR preferences?????

tvernuccio ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:53 PM

file_166063.jpg

and here's the other one....

zhounder ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 11:05 PM

Of the two, I would go with the second one, the first is too much orange. To be honest though I would try something more contrasting. Of course if you do the same to the green edge that you did with the orange... the orange edge the texture of the oranges and the green the texture of the pear... now that may be very cool!

tvernuccio ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 11:15 PM

maybe i misunderstand you. let me see if i got it right? you're saying to made the green edge the same like i did with the orange? is that right? If so, well, that's what I did...except i made the green part of the frame to be blended with the orange part. you're saying to try just using the green from the pear and take out the orange??? and this will increase the contrast? sorry for confusion. i think my brain is fried! LOL! thanks for your input!!!!!!!!!! :)

zhounder ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 11:21 PM

Keep the orange witht he orange texture. Add the pears texture to the green. This keeps the double border like in the first one but adds the life that the second one has. Does that make sense? If not I will play with it tomorrow morning for you/ Or maybe now...

zhounder ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 11:29 PM

file_166066.jpg

Sorry Wrong image... Like this... Quick Job...

tvernuccio ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 11:35 PM

oh no!!!! now i can't decide between the 3 of them!!!! LOL!!!! yeah, I love this, Michael!!!!! thanks for showing me what you meant...i got that Hashi brain fog stuff goin' on and sometimes i get a little lost. anyway, i have NO idea how i'm gonna decided. need more input!!! i really do love what you did! i think the contrast is fabulous...which is what i liked about the first one. but yours looks better with the fruit textures i think! decisions, decisions!!! Thanks again!!!!!

zhounder ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 11:39 PM

your ideas, I just combined them. I did a quick sloppy job. You will have to redo it of course... Your welcome but again, your ideas.

lak ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 12:21 AM

i like #2 a lot...and #3 is cool too...i think a compromise version between the two would be the nicest...that is, take #3 and tone the borders down a little...or take #2 and add the pear texture to the green and brighten it up a little....i think #3's border, the way it is takes away from the image a tiny bit too much...but that's an "amateur eye's" two bits...nice work btw!

Apophis906 ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 12:54 AM

I like the second one too,the texure on it,really cool. Oh so glad you got your cam,and are having fun with it. Just remember any questions feel free to ask. It will only get more and more fun as you find out just how much it can do. So you play with the night vision yet,lol. Oh a bit of advice,is to set the zoom to precision if you are to ever use the digital zoom.

tvernuccio ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 1:20 AM

Thanks for your input lak and william!!!!! and lak...i am "amateur eyes" too!!!! appreciate your "two bits!!" LOL william, i was gonna IM you tonight and tell you i got cam. glad you popped in here!!! I'm sure I'll definitely be bugging you with questions these days!! thanks for your offer to help!!!! night vision...nah...didn't play with it yet. zoom...yeah, that's first thing i noticed about this cam...zoom is completely different than the other Sony. i do feel quite comfortable already with this cam...has good feel to it and many features are the same. so i'm not completely lost. Can't wait to play with it more!!!! Thanks again to both of you!!!! decisions, decisions....

Sylvaine ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 4:29 AM

Sorry Sheila you poke my eyes out....Hugs.....

LostPatrol ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 7:59 AM

I know you probably dont want to hear this but you do like honest opinions so offer my apologies in advance. I dont like any of them, although I prefer the last one, but IMO the colour is too much like the subject, I would use a lighter colour to contrast with the image. The texture though is great. Just my opinion and worth nothing if you are not me!

The Truth is Out There

tvernuccio ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 10:48 AM

LOL at sylvaine at LP!!! luv and appreciate your honesty!!! always be that way with me please!!!! and you never need apologize!!! okay!!! well, ya'all know i LOVE bright, bold colors!!! love it when they knock your socks off!!! you know...i'm STILL as undecided now as i was last night!!! need more input from others. LP...i'll think about what you said. play around some more later and see. thanks!!!!!!

jcv2 ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 12:37 PM

Hmmm. My experience with frames is close to zero. Nada. Null. Nothing. More experienced people here can say better things. Actually I like #3 the best. But IMHO there's so little space about the fruits. The frame is enclosing them. I would rather try to add some space, make room for the shadows and even reposition them a bit. Just playing with the elements we have. For a challenging composition this one is very symmetrical. But I dunno for sure, it's just something to try out. Endlessly trying out :)

tvernuccio ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 12:50 PM

file_166068.jpg

hmmmm...you're right about fruits...so little space about them. here's the original... still-lifes...verrrrry difficult for me to make them interesting. and i need practice with making good compo. here's original from cam. sucks, huh??!!!

tvernuccio ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 12:53 PM

file_166069.jpg

and here's a 2nd shot...little more space on top and bottom. I'll go back to drawing board, play around more...see what i come up with. i luv playing..but not until very late tonight. i need some space from it....get refreshed. let these ideas float around a bit.... thanks for your input, jan-carel! you and rest of you guys feel free to give me more ideas if you have them. in meantime...just gonna soak all this in and play later.

jcv2 ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 12:57 PM

They don't suck! It's only playing with these things that brings you further. Do you see the shadows? The one in front loses shadow. And one other thing. You can play with light to. To let the shadows be projected to, say, the right. Not horizontal but slanting or so. Lots of idea's to explore! Good luck! Hey, you didn't eat them already, eh!? ;)

tvernuccio ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 1:36 PM

throws you an orange...only ate of them. no reshots unless i buy more. yep...playing helps me. and hearing everyone's ideas helps too!!! hmmm...hadn't thought of playing with the light. funny, that's something i usually do. i'll play with that tonight...see what happens. anyone else want and orange...and still got the pear!!

Sylvaine ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 2:14 PM

Why 3 "three" oranges LOL....pls Sardines and Horse Radish LOL LMAO

Sylvaine ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 2:23 PM

file_166070.jpg

If you insist....give a Red Man A chance....

tvernuccio ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2005 at 12:07 AM

LOL Sylvaine!!!!! what a cool thing you did with my oranges and pears!!!! damn you're good!!!!!! no horseradish pleeeeeease but sardines always for Oedopie!!!! thanks girl!!!! u are one creative chick!!!

evielouise ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2005 at 9:21 PM

Attached Link: your fruit

I love the fruit it may just need a cute frame lol this is a lot of fun do a lot of the members do this??

evielouise ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2005 at 9:26 PM

oops where the fruit image Idid did I post wrong:??

tvernuccio ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 9:50 AM

hi and thanks. i can't find fruit image either. LOL

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.