Sat, Sep 21, 5:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Can't get some clothes to turbo import into Bryce5

Dagfari ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 10:43 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 12:06 AM
  1. I Create a figure in poser5 with clothes conformed to the figure (shirt and pants)
  2. I save the poser5 file to disk
  3. I import the poser5 file into Daz Studio
  4. I export the file as a Bryce5 OBJ
  5. I import the OBJ file into bryce5 with Turbo Import installed.

and... the figure is naked. The figure imported fine but the clothes didn't import.

1. As a test I made the figure invisible in Daz Studio so only the clothes were visible.
  2. exported the clothes by themselves without the figure.

and... it didn't save any mesh. The resulting OBJ file was empty.

What am I doing wrong?

Claymor ( ) posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 11:00 PM

Sounds to me like you're taking an unnecessary step. Why not just export as an .OBJ from poser and import to Bryce?

xenic101 ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 12:06 AM

Claymor, Poser does not export all the texture info, DAZ|Studio reads the poser .pz3 file which contains all the info then exports a obj with the textures correctly included. TurboImport allows bryce to correctly read the texture info. Texture. Dagfari, You are saving the poser file as a file and not an obj right? make sure that when you export the scene from Studio that you are exporting everything and not just the selected figure. Try exporting from poser and importing straight to bryce, see if the clothes are there. Myself, I'm to lazy to fire up another app so I export from Poser and then straight into Bryce, where I fix the textures by hand.

Hythshade ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 12:07 AM

Try re-saving the poser file again in poser and giving it a different name. Sometimes when saving the .pz? file it saves corrupted. Then import the file again into daz studio. I assume you are doing it that way in order to have the texture files import with the .obp file correct? I hope that helps, I am just taking a stab in the dark here.

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 12:31 AM

Are you trying to import dynamic clothing? Does dynamic cloth even import into Bryce? I know that dynamic hair does not. At least, not easily or well.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 3:24 AM

I tried import/export through D|S using a dymanic dress - it imported into bryce but was all smushed up. Main problem I have is somewhere between D|S and Bryce, hair disappears - and not the P5 Dynamic hair either.

Gill

Kemal ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 4:10 AM

This is a well known bug in latest release of Daz Studio, it was reported many times in their forums, fix is on the way, I think ! :D Also screws up certain morphs, textures and position of the objects during export, for now if you want to render in Bryce you have to go directly from poser to Bryce, regardless which version it is : 4, or 5 :D Cheers :)

gillbrooks ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 4:43 AM

It's so much easier to import in V** ;-)

Gill

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 6:01 AM

BLASPHEMY. Lol...Yeah, new versions of DAZ Studio are also being beta-tested along-side Bryce 5.5, fixes are on the way. AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Dagfari ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 7:18 AM

Now please correct me if I'm wrong... When I export from Poser to OBJ and import directly into Bryce5 I get a single resulting object right? This would mean all the separate clothing figures and the main figure would be combined into one solid mesh. Is that correct?

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 7:48 AM

No, but you will get a grouped .obj, each object can still be seperately selected within Bryce. AS

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 07 January 2005 at 7:53 AM · edited Fri, 07 January 2005 at 7:54 AM

file_166061.txt

The default setting in Poser's Obj export is best (shown here), this will let you still have each object of a figure still be selectable.

If you were to go ahead and check "Include exsiting groups in polygon groups", you would get EVERY object that is possible in Poser, which would include EVERY finger joint, etc.

This is usually undesirable, since it calls for tons of selecting in Bryce.

AS

Message edited on: 01/07/2005 07:54

Nukeboy ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2005 at 4:36 PM

Had the same problem. Strangely, it was always Victoria's shirt that wouldn't beam into Bryce. I thought that that must explain all those naked vikkis! I posted this same question over at the daz forum and never did get an answer.

jelisa ( ) posted Sat, 08 January 2005 at 8:57 PM

As AS mentioned, there is some problems with the DS export. Sometimes it exports everything and sometimes it loses things, most often hair, but sometimes clothing. Sometimes, re-exporting it from DS again takes care of the problem. This has been reported as a DS bug several times, including by me.

Nukeboy ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 12:35 AM

I totally removed the previous iteration of D|S, but I understand that there is a newest version out. I'll give that a try, but I'm not hopeful...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.