Sat, Sep 21, 6:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Vue4 Pro render different than Poser5

Dagfari ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 8:38 PM ยท edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 1:08 PM

file_166934.jpg

On the left is the Poser5 render which is proper. When saved as a Poser5 file and imported into Vue4 Pro, I get the resulting image on the right. Why are they not the same?

Dale B ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 8:50 PM

The Poser 5 shader system is not compatible with any flavor of Vue; there are apparently some fundamental structural differences that prevent it. It =looks= as if the reflectivity was pegged on the Vue import; just find that material, and check the settings. If Reflections is set at 100%, start backing it down and see what's underneath.

Dagfari ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 8:53 PM

Nope "Global reflectivity" is zero.

Dagfari ( ) posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 9:46 PM

Dale B; you were dead on right. It was the reflection setting. My mistake was selecting the object in the main view and double clicking the material window to bring up the material editor. I thought that would bring up the material editor for the currently selected object but it doesn't function that way for me. I proceeded to right click the material window and select the individual objects from the big scrolling list. This method brought me to the proper material editor. I adjusted the "Global reflectivity" setting from there. Thanks for your help bud.

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2005 at 2:49 AM

Maybe the double click didn't work because in Vue it is possible that one object has different materials. Best is in that case to open the material window (F6) and edit the materials from there. Another weird thing from Poser is that they define black as the highlight color for skins. With a strong highlight size setting. This is something i always change - to white or almost white and reduce the highlight size for human skins. Looks better for me this way.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.