Mon, Sep 9, 4:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:17 am)

Subject: Daz studio render problem.

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 9:50 AM ยท edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 9:03 PM

My copy of daz studio (the first version with animation) wont render a scene, when I click on render it seems to be working but I end up with a screen that is all black. There are lights in the scene. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and the problem still happens. The strange thing is, the spot render option works perfectly and renders the scene exactly as it should. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

stew451 ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 3:03 PM

I had the same problem. I turned off the opengl in the render options and it renders fine. Stew

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 3:20 PM

Great! that worked, thank you.

stew451 ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 3:22 PM

No Problem!

prixat ( ) posted Wed, 15 December 2004 at 3:22 PM

If you remove all the lights the does the scene render in openGL? One of the causes for black renders in openGL is the "Last light only" problem. With older cards, in particular, Studio will render as if the only light in your scene is the last light you put in. You'll have to stick with software renders for now.

regards
prixat

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 16 December 2004 at 1:08 PM

My computer does have an old and basic graphics card so that could be the problem.

samsiahaija ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2005 at 3:29 PM

The OpenGL support depends very much on the graphics card. DAZ|Studio does not really seem to like Radeon cards all that much (especially cheapy ones like my own 9200SE card) and is optimized for the GeForce FX series, as far as I gathered. And 3Delight renders with depth of field, reflection and refraction switched on take forever on my poor old PC...

dallas40m ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 11:09 AM

The old versions of Daz Studio time out and become non functioning. You need the latest version of D/S in order to work. When it goes Final version 1, I believe they will stop setting it to time out. Dallas

Warmest Regards,

Dallas

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 12:26 PM

It is the latest version I have.

casey_42 ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 11:09 PM

It is not DAZ that is setting the time out 3delight, something about it also being in Beta and them wanting everyone to use the latest version.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.