Tue, Oct 22, 1:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:52 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: A new (old) male figure. Opinions? Any interest?

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 7:00 PM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 6:05 AM

file_169278.jpg

I've been working on improvements for the Daz male figures. I have been concentrating on M3 and the Freak, but then I realized that one figure predates both of these. The V3 male. I've taken V3 SAE, morphed it to a new male base and and saved the mesh. I then added all of David's channels, so the new figure will take all of V3 SAE and D3 injection morphs. I've also added a few of my own (more smooth, etc). The new figure will wear all teh old V3 male clothing, and all the V3 morphing clothing that includes male morphs. Most of the D3 morphs look pretty good on him, as well as most of the V3 SAE morphs. Since I started with the V3 SAE figure, you can scale the hands and feet larger for a more masculine look. Is there any interest in a figure like this? I'm still working on a few minor problems, but they're almost done.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 10:02 PM

This is derived from the V3 geometry and the male morphs from the V3 body-morph pack? That would make distribution somewhat challenging.

Looks good, though.

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 1:49 AM

Yes sounds good :) I have found that the V3 Male body looks very blobby, the physique is not nearly as good as David.

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 5:36 AM

I'd be very interested. Actually there's not many contemporary clothes for him though. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 5:37 AM

Hey, since you can do that with hands, can you make M3 hands and feet bigger, and freak hands and feet smaller? Love esther

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 6:16 AM

Agreed, he seems to have dainty little hands and feet --- like M2.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 6:20 AM

Face shape looks decent... but can you get rid of Vicky's eyes?

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 6:44 AM

I think he's a hunk! (the guy in the above render that is) I like his eyes, in fact he's kind of perfect really. Love esther

elizabyte ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 6:56 AM

Personally, I really like V3 Male. I've used him in at least three different incarnations for client work. He makes a fine elf (better than M3, IMHO) and this version is pretty sexy. So, hey, Jim, even if you don't ever put this into full production, I'd love a copy... wink nudge cahoot bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Greebo ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 9:52 AM

Gotta say, the more options for male figures the better :) and yup yup, your image of him above is really very yummy.

Jackson ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 10:15 AM

He looks darn good to me, too. I'm definately interested.

pdxjims ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 1:58 PM

file_169283.jpg

Here's Victorio's base and some morph variations. Left to right: Victorio base Victorio with V3 male set at 1, with V3 male chest set to -1 to compensate for the crushed chest. Sorry about the bad fit on the swimsuit, just being lazy. Victorio with David Muscular2 set at 1 Victorio with David Barbarian and a few more specific muscle morphs for emphisis (pec shapes, lower oblique, etc.) I've just relased an early beta version to my testers.

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 9:42 AM

Looking pretty good, Jim. :)

Kreations By Khrys

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.