Fri, Sep 20, 7:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Beyond Inspiration

L13RAF ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 4:28 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:47 AM

Hi,

Beyond Inspiration is the new VUE logo which right now I feel should read 'Beyond Belief'.

I am, totally frustrated that I paid $99 US dollars, 100 UK pounds for a sidegrade from VUE4 PRO to VUE 5, I cannot get it to load and accept my PRO upgrade serial number and the best of all is that I cannot register it with E-on as it tells me the serial number that came with the package is incorrect. What is happening at E-on. I have been in toucg with Tech Support and it looks if I am entitled to a reply every other day. I appreciate the time difference between the USA and UK but I might, if lucky, find a solution to my problem and be able to use my new software in a week if I am lucky.

This is just not good enough for a leading software company. Has any other VUE users experience these frustrating difficulties.

Steve Rafferty

jwhitham ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 4:45 PM

Steve, You don't register with the number in the packaging, but the number that appears on the splash screen (begins 'INST'). I made that mistake, even though it is very clearly stated on the reg card and during installation. To the best of my knowledge Tech Support is in Paris, so the time difference is only an hour. John

L13RAF ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 5:01 PM

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to register using the serial number that comes inside the CD holder and just added the INST- bit after reading the registration information. I was amazed when it came back 'incorrect serial number'.

I managed to load the software a while ago only to be told that my upgrade serial number that I used to load VUE4 Pro on top of VUE4 was also no correct and yet it is registered with E-on.

Boy am I frustrated especially if tech support is in Paris and they reply as infrequenty as they do. Is Bryce 5 any better :-)

Steve.

jwhitham ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 5:35 PM

Steve,

"I tried to register using the serial number that comes inside the CD holder and just added the INST- bit after reading the registration information. I was amazed when it came back 'incorrect serial number'."

The number that appears in the flash screen is completely different, though generated from, the one in the CD holder.

"Boy am I frustrated especially if tech support is in Paris and they reply as infrequenty as they do."

You've never visited Paris then? :-P

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 6:22 PM

I confirm - you haveto use the serial number that appears on your screen startng with INST. I have also made that mistake and it took me a while to realize they are two different numbers.

hein ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 2:36 AM

Had the a similar problem with the V3 to V4 upgrade, V4 refused to accept my V3 serial as valid and my V4 upgrade as valid.
The workaround
1: install V3 in whatever folder as long as it's not the one you really want to use for V4. Serial for V3 is accepted
2: install V4 in the same folder where you just installed V3 , lo and behold your V4 serial is accepted
3: install V4 again but now in the folder where you wanted it in the first place , ofcourse your V4 serial is still valid

4: delete the folder where you installed VUE in step 1 & 2 , do not uninstall because that will remove the last install and you'll have to start from scratch again.

This trick could work for V4Pro to V5 sidegrade too :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.