Sat, Oct 5, 12:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Moving from Switzerland to Australia!!!

Gwendolyn ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 10:38 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 12:22 AM

Hi All! I just wanted to publicly announce here in the Poser forum that I am as of January 13th moving from Switzerland to Australia. My husband and I are visiting various places around the globe, on the way to our new home, and I will have extremely limited internet availability (if any at all) until February 15th. I just wanted to post this here incase someone was looking for me, or something came up concerning my products and I was unable to respond immediately, everyone would know why. :)) If you do try to reach me via mail or IM, I will respond as quickly as possible! Best of luck to you all! Cheers! Gwendolyn

RubiconDigital ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 11:11 PM

Welcome to Australia Gwendolyn, almost! I hope you're packing your Summer gear because it's hot as hell down here right now. Depending on where you're moving to the temperatures could be in the high 30s, which is hovering around 100 on the old scale. And don't forget the sunscreen! Oh yeah, February is traditionally the hottest month here. Stefan

PointLady ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 12:17 AM

Another welcome to Australia Gwendolyn. Hope you enjoy your new home in our country - its a terrific place, but then I may be biased lol. Oh and what Stefan said above too, but that is depending on where you are coming to live. Jan

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 12:33 AM

Yet another welcome to Australia Gwendolyn. Its very hot here in Melbourne at the moment. Would love to meet you sometime :) Maybe there should be an annual convention of Poser Aussies, the only other Poser Aussies that I know of are elizabyte and umutov .... it would be good to have a big get-together sometime :)

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 12:34 AM

oh....and of course, RubiconDigital and PointLady :)

RubiconDigital ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 12:49 AM

And how is mad marvellous Melbourne? I miss it sometimes, but not in weather like this.

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 1:36 AM

Melbourne is hot and muggy at the moment, in a few days it will be cool again. We have the weirdest weather here.

arrow1 ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 1:42 AM

Also a welcome from me to Australia.I am a Sydney Ite! And it is over forty Degrees Celsius here today.
Cheers arrow1

Custom built computer 128 gigs RAM,2 Terrabyte hard drive, NVIDIA RTX 3060 12 Gig, Intel i9, Dual Dell Screens, 0/S Windows 11, networked to a Special 12th Generation intel I9, RTX 3060 12 Gig, Windows 11,64 gigs RAM, Dual Phillips Screens, 2 Terrabyte SSD Hard Drive plus 1 Terrabyte Hard Drive,3rd Computer intel i7,64 gigs ram, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GeForce 1660 Ti 6 Gig,1 Terrabyte Hard Drive, OS Windows 10 64 Bit Dual Samsung Syncmaster 226bw Screens.Plus Lenovo Laptop 64 Bit,12 gigs Ram.Intel i7 chip.Windows 10 Pro and Ultimate. 4 x 2 Terrabyte Hard Drives and 2 x 2 Terrabyte external USB Hard drives. All Posers from 4 to Poser 2010 and 2012, 2014. Poser 11 and 12, 13, Hexagon 2.5 64 Bit, Carrara 8.5 Pro 64 bit, Adobe Photoshop CS4 Creative Production Suite. Adobe Photoshop CC 2024, Vue 10 and 10.5 Infinite Vue 11 14.5 Infinite plus Vue 15 and 16 Infinite, Vue 2023 and 2024, Plant Catologue, DAZ Studio 4.22, iClone 7 with 3DXchange and Character Creator 3, Nikon D3 Camera with several lenses.  Nikon Z 6 ii and Z5. 180-600mm lens, 24-70 mm lens with adapter.Just added 2x 2 Terrabyte portable hard drives.

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 1:46 AM

Cheers, arrow1. Good to hear from you. Gwendolyn - which part of Australia will you be settling in ?

Helen ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 2:02 AM

Kewl.. I hail from a region called 'The Hunter Valley' It is HOT here at the moment.. praises be to he whom invented the 'air conditioner'. Helen

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Senior MarketPlace Tester

If anyone sees a mind wandering aimlessly around..... It is mine.  I want it back.

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 2:11 AM

The Hunter Valley - wow, beautiful part of the world !! Some very nice wine comes from there ....

William ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 2:15 AM

Another welcome from an aussie in Sydney Gwendolyn. Definitely pack your sunscreen. Hope you enjoy it here.

RubiconDigital ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 2:27 AM

I lived at Port Stephens for 3 years and used to visit the Hunter on wine buying trips. Tyrell's.......ahhh.

an0malaus ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 4:26 AM

As I sit in the cooling breeze from my window rattler, sipping a rather nice red from the Hunter Valley Wine Society, and escaping the seasonally typical temperatures in Sydney, I remember with fondness the abundant and easily accessible beaches in Newcastle, at the mouth of the Hunter River, where I grew up. Wherever you settle in OZ Gwendolyn, you will certainly find a WARM welcome at this time of year :-) and especially from fellow CG enthusiasts. Enjoy your travels. Geoff

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 5:13 AM

I had no idea there were so many aussie posers. I live in Brisbane which is in Queensland. I've been swimming today. Yes one day we should all definitely get together. shame my laptop isn't really powerful enough. Come to think of it it's not really mine either, it's my dad's and he wants it back this weekend for a couple of weeks. Love esther ps any aussie posers in brisbane?

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

mouser ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 6:10 AM

Oh well one more for the welcome from Melbourne when you get here band wagon.
Probably a wise move to get here slowly visiting places, you will hopefully be aclimatised by the time you arrive.

NEThingbutNOcent ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 8:50 AM

How cool! I have always wanted to go to Australia! I hope you have a safe and fun trip!

masha ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 2:37 PM

Welcome Gwendolyn! You're probably still reeling from jet-lag - if not still in the air. If you ever land in Sydney say hello in Bondi Beach :) Nice to know the congregation of Aussies in this forum. Hi to you all!!! Cheers, Masha

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 3:09 PM

I had several good Aussie friends back in my college days.

For some reason, my friend from Sydney had difficulties in acclimating himself to the culture of South Carolina. He told me that his father back in Sydney referred to a certain southern gentleman with a heavy southern drawl as "The Colonel".

My friend's favorite phrase was "cold as brass monkeys".

He considered iced tea, the national drink of the American South -- to be an abomination.

He married an American girl from Ohio. He took his wife back to Australia -- much to the chagrin of her parents. Especially her mother, who feared that she would never get to see her daughter again.

My Aussie buddy freaked out when he discovered that his wife's "old family recipe" for baked beans included molasses as an ingredient. He was horrified at the thought.

My other set of Aussie friends hailed from Perth.

The father of the family from Perth told me that many people from W.A. wouldn't care if all of Eastern Australia were to fall off into the ocean.

Likewise, my other friend from Sydney was in the habit of referring to persons from Queensland as "banana benders".

Apparently, we Americans aren't the only people to hold to the concept of regional distinctives.........

Such is my great knowledge and experience of that mystical land known as Australia.

If I recall correctly -- the name "Australia" derives from a Latin root (australis) meaning "the south land".

With a name like that, it's got to be a wonderful place.

Y'all.

I hope that you enjoy your new home, Gwendolyn. I'd like to visit there someday.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Xena ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 6:00 PM

Jeez, you don't want to move up here (I'm an hour south of the NSW/Queensland border waves to Esther). February is our hottest month so we're expecting near/over 40 days yet ick Downunder greetings from me too Gwendolyn :D Xeno .. the derivitive is 'freeze the balls off a brass monkey' ;) Mathman, when the weather gets weird here, we always call it Melbourne weather LOL

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 6:22 PM

Oh, yeah......I should also mention that I used to watch episodes of "Skippy the Bush Kangaroo" way back in the early 70's......during my misguided childhood. That show was broadcast by a local TV station in my hometown.

At that time, I used to think that all of the actors on "Skippy" had English accents.

I suppose that this assumption derived from being unaware that a place called "Australia" existed.

Even at an early age, you know how insular we Americans are. Very provincial. Especially in southern climes.

((Warning: there is sarcasm lurking under the surface. Don't take me too seriously.))

Xena....Jon never phrased it quite that way. But I've heard it said that way elsewhere.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Xena ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 6:35 PM

We Aussies shorten everything rolls eyes So even just say brass monkey and every Aussie here will know you're cold LOL

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 7:58 PM

The full expression for brass monkeys is "its so cold it would freeze the balls off a brass monkey" ...... and apparently the origin of this is not as crude as it sounds, it has something to do with cannonballs. Can't remember quite what it was though.

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 3:43 AM

Hey, mathman, we just got a cool change this afternoon.... ;-P bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 4:16 AM

:P~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sitting here in front of the fan watching the Stargate Marathon, sweating like a darned pig :/

westryde ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 6:17 AM

Another welcome from Sydney. It's cooler here tonight but very humid.

davker ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 6:17 AM

Gwendolyn, yet another aussie welcome! (there are plenty of us lurking around here) avagoodweekend!

Stage_Rose ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 7:04 AM

Wow I wish I was in Australia watching a Stargate marathon. We just had an icestorm here in Eastern Ontario (that's in Canada, she said, being patronizing) and the power has be flicking on and off and messing with the clocks. Furthermore, I missed the end of my Stargate episode due to said brown-outs. However, good travels, you lucky thing! Australia rules, in my opinion. Home of very good theatre and wonderful actors and cute accents. And kangaroos! (please don't burst my fairy tale bubble, I'm very fragile). ;-)

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 7:55 AM

You in Adelaide, elizabyte ?

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 8:18 AM

No, Melbourne. :-) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

ford3auss ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 8:59 AM

And another warm welcome..From Albury..N.S.W..Vic Border..

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 12:05 PM

Grins and waves from Adelaide Hope u enjoy the trip and find a nice bit of shade to perch on Gwendolyn For our fellow aussies : Aussie Aussie Aussie, OY OY Oy ;-p ~beck

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 5:09 PM

elizabyte.... wow another Melbournian :) ... which part ? ... I'm in Mount Waverley ...

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 9:40 PM

We're way out east, almost at the foot of the Dandenongs. ;-) bonni

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 10:22 PM

Kewl, that's a nice part of Melbourne....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.