Thu, Sep 19, 4:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Working with highres texture

jo3l ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2005 at 5:25 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:39 AM

file_172125.jpg

Hello Here a new picture test made with highres texture made from photos ...All bryce 5 no post. Render time hudge.... I'm working on the light, so it will be more real.. soon the final. :-) Comment are welcome.... Thanks for viewing Jo3l

bazze ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2005 at 5:33 AM

Very nice but the DOF is to strong.

www.colacola.se

Zhann ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2005 at 5:43 AM

Just a tad on the DOF....but a great start/finish

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

erosiaart ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2005 at 5:49 AM

neat..but lesson that blur..or rather..the DOF!

Swade ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2005 at 7:44 AM

I would tend to agree with the others. Looks very good save for the DOF. Lessen the DOF and this could be excellent. Also your render time should decrease some as well. 8)

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2005 at 8:09 AM

I really like the ground texture. Can I have it? :-)

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

jo3l ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2005 at 9:22 AM · edited Tue, 18 January 2005 at 9:26 AM

to drawbridgeb Fast all texture are going to be avaible as soon as possible on my website with a tutorial to use on the better way. they will be medium res (1024x1024)Just wait a little bit. ;-) Maybe it will give cd with highres texture (6000x6000)

Message edited on: 01/18/2005 09:26

jo3l ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2005 at 9:31 AM

thanks for the comment. How you reduce the DOF? I can modifie a parametre but the camera is so close that i get the objet with less blur but the rest stay strong blured like the picture....

Swade ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2005 at 1:25 PM

file_172127.jpg

To adjust your DOF select the bottom arrow on the left side of your view window as seen here (circled). Then select Render Options.

Swade ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2005 at 1:29 PM

file_172129.jpg

Now enter a number smaller or greater in the Lens Radius to achieve desired DOF effect... Have the item you want to be in focus selected and click on Set To Current Selection to set the focal point on the item you want to be in focus. You will need to adjust the Lens Radius till you have a desireable effect. Hope this helps you Jo3l Swade

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2005 at 1:35 PM

file_172131.jpg

Maybe these will help too. I did them a while ago.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

drawbridgep ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2005 at 1:36 PM

You would need to change the values depending on the scale, but you get an idea of what increasing or decreasing the values makes.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

lordstormdragon ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2005 at 6:30 PM

Aye, if the render times are killin ya, do't bother with Bryce's silly DOF options. They are horrendous. Just use a distance mask, and Photoshop or Paintshop, and you can run the blurs much more accurately and quickly. If you're interested, there's a thread we went over this technique in, awhile back. The main problem with Bryce's DOF is that it's too render-intensive. It is entirely un-animatable.

jo3l ( ) posted Wed, 19 January 2005 at 4:51 AM

thanks all.. For the render time i will render the picture with 36 ray per pixel. With more I will kill my G4.. Soon the final. ;-)

Zhann ( ) posted Wed, 19 January 2005 at 6:22 AM

Thanks drawbridge, always wondered about that.....

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.