Mon, Oct 21, 10:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Clothing Creator from PhilC.

UrbanChilli ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 5:03 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:30 PM

Has anyone tried it yet? Has anyone posted clothes made with it here, either in the FS or MP?

evilded777 ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 5:56 PM

And where can I learn more about this application?

cedarwolf ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 10:23 PM

I had the great fortune to be one of the beta testers for the Clothing Creator, and I just can't say enough good stuff about it. It's like anything, there's a learning curve, but it shouldn't be too steep for most folks who hang around here, and Phil is outstanding about answering questions quickly...sometimes within minutes! The possibilities are endless...limited only by the users imagination.

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 11:53 PM

It surely looked great till I saw the price: $99.95?! I hope you like it. I've never spent that much on any Poser item, and can't afford it anyway.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2005 at 12:52 AM

yes u did - you spent that money when u bought poser! hehe love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

UrbanChilli ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2005 at 3:32 AM

I downloaded the bride and it's works great. I'm just afraid that it will be to complicated (offcause it's not PhilC's fault if I'm to stupid to use his program G)because it is an expencive app, one I can't afford just to bin it would be nice if some people would share there expirience. Most programs has a demo so you can get an idea of what your getting into.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2005 at 3:54 AM

If it worked for mac I'd pay for it. After making five items of clothing you'd have your money's worth already! Love esther

UrbanChilli ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2005 at 4:02 AM

I do prefere the dynamic clothes and I'm very close to buy the program. There is a tutorial on the site and a promish on more of them to come. I guess I just have to paitience :-)

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2005 at 6:45 AM

I too was one of the beta testers. I have to say that once you understand the program, there's no limit to the kind of outfits you can create with it. The price is a little high, but it's definately something worth saving up for.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2005 at 7:56 AM

Phil's clothing is the best I've used so far to dress V3. darn, 99 dollars? hmm, on my budget it would take a few months for me to save up for that lol. ;)

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2005 at 7:21 PM

file_169821.jpg

This thread is now sufficiently buried that I hope no one minds me slipping in a teaser. This outfit for the Girl will be available on the Clothing Creator page just as soon as I tidy up the file set. (Probably Monday afternoon).

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

cedarwolf ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2005 at 7:37 PM

Dang, Phil! You just keep astounding me at every turn. Nice job...I wonder if that's adaptable to Sara...

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2005 at 9:11 PM

Does that mean you used Clothing Creator to make that. The wedding outfit looks truly great. Can you make a demo version of Clothing Creator? Do you use Poser 5's Cloth Room to get those shpes in the mesh?

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2005 at 3:43 AM

I also was on the beta team ..what a neat tool :) now I have the full version I'm looking forward to making some clothes with it for Poserworld and for freebies. Its actually not too hard to figure out once you get the basic 'rules' in your head. For anyone who has sewn real clothing it makes perfect sense. Make a paperdoll picture of the clothing (on the supplied templates), load the script.. load the pictures in the right places, set the sliders and wait for it to make your clothing object out of nothing with your textures neatly applied and everything. Neat as all get out :) Trust Phil to come up with the magic trick utility of the year! Lyrra

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2005 at 3:58 AM

Yes I used the Clothing Creator to make the mesh. No other modeling package was employed. UVMapper was used for my convenience but I could have done with out it. Part of the operation is to use the Poser 5 cloth room. Full instructions are included on the CD. As well as the usual text and pictures I have made a series of flash video tutorials that walk you through every step. (There is a sample on the page). To my view these on screen presentations are an essential part of the package. I know that many folks are not comfortable using some of the features in Poser 5 so for this reason they are included to show folks its not as hard as they may feel. Because of their size I can only deliver the files on a CD, I do not wish to post out hundreds of free CD's. I do not wish to distribute the plug in without clear instructions.

Now all that said, as I've been writing this I've been thinking of a way that may be possible. It would just have one garment hard coded into it and the rest as a preset PZ3 file, enough so that you could see and understand the process. ...... OK, I'll see what I can do :)

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2005 at 5:20 AM

Hi Phil, I wasn't able to download your V3 bride. I thought I had it but it didn't download properly. Do you still have a link for that? Love esther

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 18 January 2005 at 6:14 AM

Attached Link: http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pcooke/P5bride_example.zip

The link is still on the page. Here is the files current location.

Totoro3D ( ) posted Wed, 19 January 2005 at 5:36 PM

I am also thinking about buying it, but I would like to know a bit better of how it works. The link to the tutorial shows me that Phil's tutorial videos are really good, but I was already aware of how to use the cloth room for dynmaic clothes... Phil, how long will you keep the 99$ offer up?

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 19 January 2005 at 5:42 PM

How long? Just long enough :)

Have you downloaded the Girl outfit example? I included some explanatory notes in the readme that may help you. I'm about to go out the door but if you would like to email me I can explain further if needed.

pcooke@philc.net

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Wed, 19 January 2005 at 5:46 PM · edited Wed, 19 January 2005 at 5:46 PM

Phil, in my book, your name "is gold." I'm sure the Clothing Creator is an excellent product. I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to trying Dynamic clothing. I'm not likely to buy it any time soon due to financial considerations. I do wish you all the best, and look forward to many examples of Clothing Creator's work.

Message edited on: 01/19/2005 17:46

Message edited on: 01/19/2005 17:46

UrbanChilli ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 2:59 AM

Hmmm - thought I wrote this before but it must have slipped. Wouldn't it be possible to put the tut's online for download so the software would be small enough to download?

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 4:04 AM

The CD content is 267 MB, when zipped up this reduces to 132 MB. The plug in itself is 82 Kb. I have given some purchasers who requested it a download link but I've always made it clear that it may take a long time to transfer. (I always post them a CD also). I am never going to sell the plug in with out the instructions. The actual instructions are very simple but I recognise that many folks will be unfamiliar with how to use Poser 5. It is for this reason that I have gone to great lengths to include the on screen video tutorials.

I hope that answers your question. If more details are required just let me know.

UrbanChilli ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 4:11 AM

I should had said why. The reason is that if I get shipped something to Denmark and it's a purchase the danish customs will add 25% to the price. Unless you wrap it in paper and write "Happy birthday" on it. LOL

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 4:20 AM

Ahh I see :)

Well yes, in that case I would work with any customer to sort out a download. Even breaking it up into smaller zip files. Good point, I'm going to put this info on the web page now.

Thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.