Sun, Sep 22, 2:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: I need info on how to make space scenes!

Zhukov ( ) posted Mon, 01 January 2001 at 11:48 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:27 AM

Greetings, Its me again with my newbie questions, hehe. I was wondering how one can make a starfield background that looks realistic. I need to move starships thru it and have it look good. As for planets (seen from orbit), should i do them in Bryce (which would require bringing my models over to Bryce land) or do the orbital scene in Carrara. Any help is appreciated. thx, Z

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 01 January 2001 at 1:06 PM

Z! Hey man - Happy New Year! :) Go here. This is a really cool program that can make JPG's for you to use in Carrara as starfields. http://www.diardsoftware.com/ See if that helps ya out. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

graylensman ( ) posted Tue, 02 January 2001 at 1:26 PM

When I've done space scenes, I've tended to create starfields and planets in Photoshop, then drop them into RDS as backdrops. I find it easier to deal with the scales and distances. tim

hoborg ( ) posted Tue, 02 January 2001 at 6:19 PM

If you want an actual technique, map the starfield (once you got it) onto a HUGE sphere. Flip the normals. That should allow you to rotate your camera without your scene looking like a 5,000 budgetmovie. :) Hoborg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.