Mon, Sep 23, 6:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:52 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Quickie survey about character preference

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 10:44 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 6:20 AM

I am doing a quick survey for upcoming products. Basically, I am trying to gauge what characters people might like to see stuff for. Vicky and Michael have more of the market but it could be oversaturated for a fairly simple texture and morph pack. That is why I was thinking of doing a set for David and Stephanie but I am just seeing if the user base was high enough and all that. That being said what do people want? Male a. I want more textures and characters for Mike. David is useless to me. b. David doesn't have enough stuff. David textures and characters please! Female a. I only use Vicky and have no use for Stephanie. b. I wish there were more pretty faces and textures for Stephanie so I could get rid of the Vicky look. Thanks in advance. I am just trying to gauge the market since I don't really have time to sets for all four figures.

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 11:16 PM

I use Vicky textures on Stephanie all the time. Don't Michael textures go on David? I'm not sure about morphs, but you may find that you could create for all four characters when you create for two. Or am I completely wrong? (It wouldn't be the first time.)

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 11:23 PM

The textures work for the most part but it is mostly the characters that would have the problems and that is what I would be specifically addressing for the most part. The textures are all compatible for the most part but there are slight differences.

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 11:41 PM

b. Twice.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Colin ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 12:01 AM

GoM, you know I've got most of your stuff! I've also got the whole Millennium family, so whichever one you create for is fine by me! Although I WOULD like a few more female alien variants, as we've discussed before! Cheers!

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 12:11 AM

I stand corrected (sit, actually). :) I use Stephanie and David the most. So b twice for me too.

Xena ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 12:18 AM

David, David, David, David, David. oh, and David, David, David, David ;)

Arendar ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 12:21 AM

Hey, how about: (e) More stuff, any kind of stuff for the Freak? ;-p

pendarian ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 1:55 AM

David and Steph, definately :)

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 2:05 AM

B x 2 for me too. I'd especially like a really gorgeous Stephanie (SP3) face/character. In most instances, she still looks like a horse ;)

My Renderosity Store

Staby ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 4:11 AM

B for both questions for me too. I now use steph and David the most and purchase M3 specific characters only because there are utilities to tranfer the morphs from M3 to David...

Niles ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 4:17 AM

David for me. As for female texture it would have to be something special, I have enough female textures... unless it was a natural / no or little make-up that could be used on Lura. I could use some hairless male for textures for Luke.

onimusha ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 5:04 AM

I have to be honest, I think the market is completely saturated with character sets in general. I look at the new releases in the RMP every day, and get disappointed when I see new character packs. I would much rather see clothes or props for the DAZ figures than actual characters themselves. You'll only ever need so many textures, after a while they get pretty redundant in terms of usefulness in your library. I also think half the fun of poser is coming up with your own combination of morphs to make a figure look unique. That being said, David is probably the most underepresented in terms of character packs. At the same time he's as versatile as M3 if not more so because his muscle morphs look a lot more realistic. I've found you can make V3 look like almost anyone with both the face and body morphs. The same cannot be said about SP3 (in my opinion), so she ends up being a lot less useful (as would any character packs for her). Also, since V3 textures work almost perfectly with S3, and there's a deluge of them in the RMP, S3 character packs aren't nearly as useful for that reason as well.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 8:12 AM

e) none of the above! There are other characters which can use the support... and the Mike-Vicky market is rather saturated.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 8:59 AM

b) twice

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 9:27 AM

Thanks ... Keep em coming for a bit. I plan on doing some more stuff for the Freak as well and I have a few things on the drawing board or partway done file. I really don't plan on doing much for the children (I don't even own them) but I will see what I can do about some of the the other things. I would love to have more clothes etc for all of the characters as well but I am not really a modeller, unfortunately. I think there is a sort of glut on the character sets and textures as well but I think I can do a varied enough set to make it worth the price. As you said, half the fun is making faces and I like doing that. And I agree about the support for other characters but the old catch 22 thing comes up nobody is using them because ther eis no support but there is no support since nobody is using them. That being said, what character would you like support for? If it is doable and I have the figure I will try and do something as a test. Thanks and keep the choices flowing.

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 9:58 AM

Aiko3, MayaDoll, David, StephP, Vicki3. In that order. :] Fish

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 10:27 AM

b b

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 11:03 AM

David and Steph. Definitely David and Steph!!

CraigMunden ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 12:09 PM

Definitely David :-)

Farside ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 12:11 PM

b b

Coleman ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 2:38 PM

David and Mike villains

Crescent ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 2:41 PM

Aiko3 and David. I wouldn't mind some Freak stuff as well.

onimusha ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 2:57 PM

Sounds like David's the number one vote... get cracking GoM:)!

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 6:45 PM

who's David ?

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 10:48 PM

B: I'd like to see more clothing for both David and the Freak. B: I'd like to see more textures and clothing not only for Stephanie Petite, but also for figures such as Elle, Natalia, Misaki, and Dina.

JetM ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 11:43 PM

David! (hmm, seems I've seen that before)

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2005 at 11:51 PM

I thought about doing something for Elle but there is that catch 22 again and I am not sure where I might try to sell stuff for her. I don't have Natalia, or Dina and haven't ever heard of Misaki. I never really liked Dina or Natalia (thought I do have the Naga). Thanks all, keep em coming. What kind of villans Ramnimus?

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 12:47 AM

Why don't you like Natalia? She has an interesting face, great feet, and some fun morphs.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 8:11 AM

Elle items can be sold through Polymage and Renderosity. Providing any content for her would give you a monopoly as she basically has had no support whatsoever.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 9:33 AM · edited Wed, 26 January 2005 at 9:34 AM

Natalia has an interesting face but it is very distinctive. It also jsut has something similar to the Fnal Fantasy movie female faces that I really didn't like either. I know all of that can be changed but the fact that after a few years and versions she really doesn't have any support other than a couple of items from the creator seems to indicate a lack of market need.

Polymage is pretty much the Neftis show and they really don't seem to have anyone else except DigitalCalimrno or something like that (sorry for killing the name) and I really don't want to sell anything at Renderosity. I might do something but I still ahev to figure out where to sell and I have to see if there is anyway I can ge by doing three identical morphs sets for the versions (since I can't really maatch them exactly)

Message edited on: 01/26/2005 09:34

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 10:18 AM

As far as I know, Polymage isn't exclusive to Neftis and Digicalimero. Anton has new UV maps for the Neftoon Gal in the freestuff there. I think if you checked with Neftis she would be able to tell you whether she would broker your products. The other option is to create something for V3 that can be fitted to Elle and sell it through DAZ.

Lyne ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 12:49 PM

My problem with CHARACTER morphs is that if they include body morphs I don't use them, because most clothing does not contain the full body morphs. I do use HEAD character morphs. I have M3 and the Freak, never bought David. I am more likely to purchase TEXTURES for M3 (that then can go on the Freak) - there really are not enough variety for M3 to choose from! I would like some really GOOD textures for M3 that are Ethnic. Asian and African. (I tried to convert my M2 textures for those and gave up!) I have too many textures/characters for V3, which now will go onto my Stephanie and even go onto Aiko3... I have slowed WAY down in texture and character purchases to be honest. (already got all the aliens I need too! :)

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 12:54 PM

Be sure to make lots of stuff for David.

You'll probably sell a dozen copies of the product, at least!

Seriously -- make as many products as you like, for as many characters as you like.

But, sometimes -- understand that you are doing it for the love/art of the thing. Not to get rich.

If you want to get rich, then you'd best stick with the "saturated" V3 market. M3 secondarily. S3 after that. Laura after that.

Beyond these, and you're playing to a select audience in a small coffee house. Much as that irritates some.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 12:56 PM

Oh, yeah......choke.......you can make stuff for the.....GIRL.......too. Man, do I have a hard time saying that......

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 2:46 PM

Forget the Girl... You might consider asking Seraphina if she needs content providers for Kaimira...

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 2:59 PM

I normally do the head and body morphs seperately so you can use what you want an mix and match. Mix the thin but toned body with a choice of five or so heads and then bulk him up with a different set or an alien head but the choices are there to mix and match .. I am not just making one form that you kind of have to use that way. As far as textures I plan on mixing it up somewhat :) I pretty much end up doing what I want for myself and then making it for sale but since I can make it for any figure I was just trying to figure out stuff before. Don't really plan on doing stuff for the GIRL .. I like toon things okay but they really aren't for me most times. I have thought about Kaimira but I just have to see how it goes with clothes etc. As far as making something for V3 that can be fitted to Elle that isn't really an option since they aren't the same mesh and textures and morphs don't work between them.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 3:04 PM

Forget the Girl...

I'd like to.

But I am realistic enough to admit that stuff for her sells -- or at least that it has sold well in the recent past. However, I suspect that the GIRL market is now on the downhill slope.

(Good.)

You might consider asking Seraphina if she needs content providers for Kaimira...

Hear, hear!

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 4:12 PM

GhostofMacbeth, Elle only has face morphs but no body morphs. That might be a project worth considering...

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 4:16 PM

PBM, For me the problem with that is there is no clothes options if I did the body morphs. Plus there realy isn't much for shaping morphs for the face so that is where I might be more inclined to go if there was enough of a need etc.

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 8:48 PM · edited Wed, 26 January 2005 at 8:49 PM

More second skin clothes for anyone and everyone. WIth some nice Displacement maps to give them some depth and less like they are painted on.

Message edited on: 01/26/2005 20:49

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

sandoppe ( ) posted Thu, 27 January 2005 at 9:07 PM

b two times :) David and Stephanie way before Mike and Vicky. Also Elle, Laura and Luke and Aiko....and I second checking into Kaimira.

madkat ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 12:37 AM

MALE B! More David. FEMALE No comment

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 2:05 AM

This has been an interesting and enlightening thread. I too, wanted to know what would sell best. Now could someone please enlighten me as to what a displacement map is and how is it used? I've been working on doing clothing right on my model texture (can't make clothes fit her body) and wonder if this method would help.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 2:38 AM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=76734

http://www.runtimedna.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=76734

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 5:08 PM

Thank you for that link. I've found a few others using google search as well. now to see if I can do it...sure i can. :0)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Katoran ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 3:50 PM

I don't really use M3, V3, David, or SP. (Don't have any of them, actually.) I do have and use Aiko 3 and Freak though.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 6:48 PM

Katoran, M3 and V3 are now available for free at DAZ.

Katoran ( ) posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 9:00 PM

I know, but the clothes aren't, and the morphs aren't. So M3 and V3 are still of zero use to me. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.