Sun, Sep 22, 3:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Depth of field??

Shiollie ( ) posted Sun, 23 January 2005 at 7:08 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 1:34 AM

I have been working on this all day... I need the front of my image clear for the subject while the background needs to be slightly blurred... I cannot seem to figure this out. I can post a WIP if you need one to help. Thanks for all the help on this forum!

Essexboy ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 2:14 AM

If you group everything in the scene except for whats at the front then make the camera blur only what is grouped essexboy

karlm ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2005 at 3:10 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12368&Form.ShowMessage=370638&Reply=370921#11

Here's a link to one of my ancient posts that should hopefully clear things up for you. It was in reference to Vue 3, but should apply to all versions.

Shiollie ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 8:28 AM

Thanks Karlm, I looked at your post and it did help alot :) I just cannot seem to get it right, it may be that it is already such a tight shot that I cannot really use the DOF anyway.I have adjusted the picture so that I am using some of the subjects to get the depth that I need. Thanks to all!

karlm ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 3:33 PM

Note that you will often use a VERY low percentage for DOF. Sometimes 1% is too high, depending on the scale of the scene. But, if you've got it working the way you want, then it's all good!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.