Sat, Sep 21, 6:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Error message while rendering movie-Don't understand why

JanP ( ) posted Wed, 03 January 2001 at 5:54 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:39 AM

Every time I try to render a movie with or without a codec I always get an error message at any random point during render that a "Texture map could not be found or could not be read" This is BS because ALL of the textures used are present and they are in either tif or jpeg format as is allowed in Poser. I have the curious labs update. Anybody else experiencing this problem? JanP

shadownet ( ) posted Wed, 03 January 2001 at 6:09 PM

Hey Jan, this is a new one on me. Does the scene render okay as an image file? and just not as an Avi file or both? Also, does it say which texture map could not be found? I am thinking that either one of the maps is gotten slightly corrupted - in which case you should be able to open it in a paint program and resave it to fix it. The other thing I can think of is that maybe one of the figures/props you are trying to render is calling up a material preset that you changed and some how the line got saved in the pz3 file for the image. In which case you should close Poser and reopen it so that it loads clean, load the Pz3 file for your scene and check the material property windows closely to make sure the right textures have loaded. I had a problem once in which a jpg file somehow loaded as a bum file in the bump map section - and it cause one of my scene to hang on rendering. Maybe something like that is happening. Anyhow, if all the maps check out right in the material properties window, resave the scene as a new file - not back to the same file. Then try to render an avi again. I do not know, but maybe that will work. Hope so. Otherwise, ask again. Maybe someone else here has seen this before and can be of more help. Rob

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 03 January 2001 at 6:16 PM

Make sure the .TIF is flattened with no masks in it etc.. Poser doesn't like some versions of the tif format. -JH.

JanP ( ) posted Wed, 03 January 2001 at 6:32 PM

Renders fine as a still image. I'll double check my scene files. But you know what. it happens on every single one of my scene files and it also happend when I create a fresh unsaved scene. It always happens with clothed figures but never with nude ones. Again, I'll double check all this. BTW it happen when I load the POser business woman and just use the default colors or even when I use the default BW texture too. THatnks for the replies JanP

shadownet ( ) posted Wed, 03 January 2001 at 6:36 PM

Okay, obviously something is amiss. I don't have a clue! Rob

thenodemaster ( ) posted Wed, 03 January 2001 at 10:04 PM

Try reassigning the textures to the image and resaving it. I have noticed that is something goes amiss that this usually fixes it. If it is a CR2/RSR setup, just replace the one you have in the library.

duanemoody ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2001 at 5:01 PM

On my Mac, this error is Poserese for "Not enough RAM to render with textures." What's your setup?

JanP ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2001 at 6:14 PM

Hmmm Interesting. I have a PC. Pentium II 450 with 128 meg ram. I also closed any and all other programs running in the background. You know you could be on to something because it still does it when I tell it to use render settings and have those settings for textures, shadows or bumps uncheck marked. JanP

shadownet ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2001 at 6:19 PM

JanP what OS are you using? If 98 do a web search for a free memory utility called rambooster, download and try running the avi with it running. I use to have Poser crash on my a lot during renders under 98 - no error messages, it would just lock up. Someone told me there was a memory leak bug or something in Poser and 98 and to try rambooster. It worked well for me, and Poser seldom crashed again during a render. I now use win2k and would never go back to 98 it is far more stable and my images render faster. Rob

JanP ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 1:51 AM

Thanks for info Shadow

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.