Thu, Sep 19, 3:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: Ok, Trying Again, Repost - Test

zippyozzy ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 5:23 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:22 PM

file_175866.jpg

Here's a scene I'm working on and need the bike to face the road any suggestions? I cant get the camera to turn the bke around.

Nance ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 5:52 PM · edited Fri, 28 January 2005 at 5:56 PM

A little confused. Moving the camera does not actually "move" the bike prop within the 3D universe. You are just changing the camera's point of view.

To actually move the prop relative to the universe, and not just the camera, select the bike prop and adjust the "Rot" (rotation) and "Trans" (translation) dials.

Normally it would be Y-Rot dial to turn the bike, but depending on the prop's construction could be X-Rot or Z-Rot dials.

-or did I misunderstand the question? edit - And you are going to want to "Parent" your figure to the bike prop to keep it from rotating out from under her.

Message edited on: 01/28/2005 17:56

prixat ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 5:56 PM

You could rotate the road! Or you could create a dummy prop and parent the bike, the figure (and any other bits) to it and rotate them all together. Is that the problem you meant?

regards
prixat

zippyozzy ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 5:59 PM

The road is in sveral parts, like the bike, it's not all one prop. The bike prop moves the front in X,Y,Z byt not the back. When I move the bike to try and face the road, thecharcter comes unconformed on the bike lol.

Nance ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 6:01 PM

Sounds like it is either a figure (and not a prop) or the front wheel is a separate prop parented to the frame of the bike. In either case, selecting and rotating the Body, or whatever the frame is called, should take the front wheel along with it.

Nance ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 6:03 PM

"Parent" the figure to the bike.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 6:07 PM · edited Fri, 28 January 2005 at 6:18 PM

ok, I'll try parenting it or, take the easy way out and just import the entire scene into Bryce for the final render so I can move the objects around. Im not sure how the bike prop was made but the back won't turn, it turns with the wheels. Not the entire body. :)

Ty. for the quick responses.

Message edited on: 01/28/2005 18:18

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 6:17 PM

It's a very nice bike. Where did you get it from? Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

zippyozzy ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 6:22 PM

Fro the freestuff area. Dont ask me how I found it lol. I was looking for a car or something to sit the characters down it. It took me forever to pose her just right and it's still off a little. Much work yet to do on it. I want to animate this and have her drive down the road. I tried it with male character and it worked just fine. V3 was more of a struggle to pose her on the bike. I'll play around with it a little more tonight. I have no idea of the link or the owner of the prop.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 9:25 PM

the pose looks good. I've been struggling to pose a V3 on a bike like that so I know what you're going through. Love esther

zippyozzy ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 9:38 PM

Heh, took me almost half the night just to get her to sit down on it in P4. The feet are too high, they're not resting on the peddle or whatever the footrest is called. I was looking for a car and surprisingly there's no real car props. I wanted a jeep or an open convertable. I hate to think the hours I put into just clothing her then sitting her. I wanted a biker chick but couldnt find any black leather for V3 in freestuff. :)

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 9:51 PM

file_175869.jpg

I've got some great biker stuff but I had to pay for it. There are V3 biker leathers at DAZ and there's a harley at daz too. I really must get back to redoing that scene. You've inspired me. Off the bike is much easier! Love esther

zippyozzy ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 9:56 PM

omg.love it. ugg. wish I had the money lol. I work a low wage job at the moment until my freelance graphic work kicks in again. sigh. That's what I had in mind. How'd you get theprops to go the way you wanted? I want that bike lol.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 10:18 PM

well the clothes are conforming so not hard, the road is poser highway that I bought from renderosity. and I just plopped the daz harley bike into the scene. Love esther

zippyozzy ( ) posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 10:27 PM

Mine looks cheesy compared to your but it's still unfinished. I just may take a shortcut and import to Bryce to finish it. For some reason my renders comeout ten time better in Bryce than in Poser. Love the Harely!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.