Tue, Oct 22, 8:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:33 am)

Subject: (newbie) What can you do with just DAZ?

TZORG ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 4:48 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:49 AM

Hi. I'm trying to figure out what you can do with (just) DAZ, without Poser or anything except purchased characters and such. Ideally I would like to dress and pose characters, and make JPGs of the result. But while browsing content here, clothing and hair seem to all require Poser. And some characters don't include hair.

What do you think, am I likely to find DAZ useless?

Thanks in advance for answering my (dumb?) question.

TZORG

It's not the tool used, it's the tool using it

stew451 ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 5:11 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=stew451

You can do almost everything you can do with Poser with D|S. Not everything mind you but still enough to create some nice pieces. Most of the items in the store will work with D|S. Most P5 items don't texture right so try to stick with things compatiable in PP or P4(with the P4 items check the readme txt to make sure the bump maps are in either jpg or bmp format) And just about everything at DAZ3D is compatiable with D|S. Welcome to the club. The link is to my gallery here at Rendo. All the characters where composed in D|S. For most of them I list what products I used. I hope this helps in some way and again welcome to club, glad to have you aboard. Stew

Calalene ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 9:41 PM

Wow, Stew... you're work is beautiful! You're the first person I've put on my favourite artists list so far... hehe.

stew451 ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 11:30 AM

Thanks:) Make sure to check out the forums and tutorials here and at Daz3d. They are very helpful and both sites have wonderful artists that will help in any way possible. Happy rendering!! Stew

TZORG ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 2:46 PM

Thanks for your reply. I downloaded the manual, and things look promising. Now I'm just waiting on that confirmation email so I can download the software... TZORG

It's not the tool used, it's the tool using it

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.