Tue, Oct 22, 6:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 5:55 am)

Subject: Creating Texture packages with D|S

BluePenguin ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 3:11 AM · edited Fri, 11 October 2024 at 4:09 AM

Preface: TOTAL NEWBIE!

Okay, here's my deal. I've been working on a set of textures for the V3 MFD and I'd love to post them somewhere as a free download. Now, being a fan of free, I like well put together packages... like the ones that have materials pose files and unzip to be easily accessable instead of just "Plop, here's a .jpg"

Thing is, while I can save my Textures (once applied) as a Daz Script file (.dsb), I'd like to make it easy for poser users (with a .pz2?) Is there an export or converter that will do that? I'd hate to have to get poser just to make content packages.

Calalene ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 9:03 AM

I have no clue about .pz2's.... I'm exceedingly new to this as well. In fact, I'm so new I want you to tell me how to save it as something other than a .jpg, and how that works... LOL. I've made several hair textures, and one set of textures for a room prop, but so far I still have to use the surface tab to manually select the textures.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 9:13 AM

Attached Link: http://koti.mbnet.fi/~ilaripih/MPEHome/

All I can suggest is using Mat Pose Edit to build a Mat file from scratch (load the CR2 file from the original installation of the dress, set your textures and colours using the fields in MPE and save as a PZ2: you can then test it roughly in D|S to make sure the right texture and transparencies etc. are applied, but you'll need a Poser user to review it to see how it looks there before putting it up for download). A Poser Mat file created that way won't support the Poser 5 Material Room settings, so you will be limited to Poser 4 settings which are more restricted than the D|S Surface settings.

BluePenguin ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 2:01 PM

Okay, here's the "how to save materials": File>Save As>Material Preset, then you get a .dsb file. You can also save posees w/ File>Save As>Pose Preset. Same thing, you get a .dsb file. Useful for your own work, and eventually, for sharing with other D|S users, but not yet useful in the general poser community. D|S can read .pz2s but not create them. And thanks for the suggestion about MPE, I'll go looking and see what I can do.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.