Mon, Sep 23, 6:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:52 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Shh. It's a secret.

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 6:38 AM ยท edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 6:24 AM

file_178421.jpg

Someone I know is making something, but I can't say who and I can't say what.

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 9:00 AM

cute possum

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 9:30 AM

Possum? POSSUM!?!?! Well, I guess it could be with a few morphs. Actually, that's not a bad idea. I'll pass it on to someone....

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 9:31 AM

Thats a freakin ferret. Those little animals are a trip. I use to have one. Talk about high strung. LOL... Looks cool. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ivyroses ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 9:59 AM

doesnt look like it would take much to turn it into an otter =)

LonCray ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 10:04 AM

Or a mink or any of a zillion small ferret-like rodentia.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 11:43 AM

Ohhhhhh, please make an otter. It's my native american power animal.

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 12:28 PM

...hmmm... I do believe there are morphs being designed for this. I wonder where someone will get thier ideas....

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 12:44 PM

What ever it turns out to be, need good facial morphs :) Open/close mouth, blink, eyebrows up/down, that sort of thing. Tounge in/out would be nice also.

wrpspeed ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 6:31 PM

how did you get a picture of my boss?

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 6:58 PM ยท edited Wed, 02 February 2005 at 6:59 PM

No, no no! It's not a possum... it's a raccoon! Look at that eye mask! ;^)

Mink, ermine, martin, sable, and I guess you could make a ferret out of it, too. Badger might be hard, though.

Carolly Note: if you've ever held a ferret, they're like furry slinkies that simply don't hold still.

Message edited on: 02/02/2005 18:59

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 8:13 PM

file_178423.jpg

a nice jacket for V3 maybe?

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month. ย Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 8:15 PM

go ahead Ferrit make my day. You have to ask yourself - do you feel lucky skunk?

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month. ย Oh, and it's free!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 12:18 AM

As soon as he sees that gun, he'll play possum!

Katoran ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 1:34 AM

Ohh, a ferret. I want. :) Ooh, look, flashing lights!

pdxjims ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 1:53 AM

file_178424.jpg

Someone said I could post a few more pictures, so there's this one...

pdxjims ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 1:54 AM

file_178425.jpg

And the dreaded Weasle War Dance

nickedshield ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 7:54 AM

Now, that's starting to look like something I'd buy.

LonCray ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 8:06 AM

Y'know, with the right morphs and textures, he'd make a very nice li'l lizard too.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 8:07 AM ยท edited Thu, 03 February 2005 at 8:11 AM

You're not going to show us the pretzelated predator? :( Note that I'm the sort of villainous punster who'll wait years for the right opportunity. A friend of mine, Lela Dowling, created a comic called Weasel Patrol. I waited for a party at her house for her to introduce the subject, when I could innocently respond that they were all stoat-hearted men. She rolled to the floor she was laughing so hard. :wicked little grin: Carolly

Message edited on: 02/03/2005 08:11

LonCray ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 8:44 AM

It's always good when the target of a pun doesn't ferret it out first.

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 12:12 PM

Aww, looks like my friend Melissa's ferret, JuJu!

Kreations By Khrys

RobinBanks ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 12:14 PM

A nice cute blaze ferret..the coat is a bit too dark though...it should be lighter..and mixed with a creamy/chocolate look.. and it needs to have a fluffed tail morph.they get awfully annoyed when you bathe them.. well after they are bathed..... they look all fluffed out and frizzy.cute though....

pdxjims ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 9:07 PM

The estimable and irascable creator says: "The texture isn't the final. I'm not a great texturer for living things really. Someone else is going to texture it. This is just temporary for working renders."

elizabyte ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 9:24 PM

file_178426.jpg

Pay no attention to the sucky texture, it's just a quick and dirty temporary one.

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 9:34 PM

Ooh, sassy!

Kreations By Khrys

nickedshield ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 10:35 PM

Could someone with better eyes take a look at the hindpaw claws. To me, something is slightly strange.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 12:26 AM

When ferrets sleep, they sleep hard. It's almost impossible to wake the thing up. Not that I spent much effort trying.

Loud noises in the room, talking, loud TV, knocking his cage.....once he was asleep, nothing ever seemed to wake that thing up.

But -- when he was up -- he was in constant motion.

One day I was walking my ferret outside on a leash, with a harness.

From some distance away, a cat spotted the ferret. Apparently thinking that the ferret looked like lunch, the cat came running over. The cat had that satisfied "cat smile" expression that cat owners are very familiar with.

Well, the cat got within 2 feet of the ferret -- and suddenly stopped. The ferret continued to nonchalantly sniff the ground, seemingly unaware of the cat's presence.

The cat's attitude started to change. Increasingly wide-eyed, the cat watched the ferret closely. The beginnings of apprehension started to form........

Suddenly, without warning, the ferret jammed its nose into the cat's face.

The cat jumped backwards two or three feet, hesitated, and then ran away faster than it had come on in the first place.

Your average cat wouldn't stand a chance against a ferret. A lot of dogs wouldn't come out unscathed, either.

Something To Do At 3:00AMย 

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 1:43 AM

When ferrets sleep, they sleep hard.

It's called SND (Sleeping, Not Dead). Newbie owners should be warned in advance. :)

Frankly, I don't understand how a species could survive in the wild with an "ability" like that. Did it only manifest after domestication?

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 1:47 AM

Would YOU want to piss off a sleeping ferret? Not I.

Kreations By Khrys

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 2:06 AM
XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 10:42 AM

Frankly, I don't understand how a species could survive in the wild with an "ability" like that. Did it only manifest after domestication?

I understand that a ferret always goes to sleep after it has made a kill, and then eaten it.

A ferret's usual prey is found in tight, confined spaces such as burrows. The ferret falls asleep in the exact location where it has made its kill -- so the animal sleeps where it is fairly protected.

BTW - the domestic ferret as we know him today is strictly a domestic animal. There aren't any wild populations of domestic ferrets found anywhere in the world. This fact surprises some people.

LilWolff ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 4:01 PM

Little Dragon The hypothesis is that domestication is responsible for that "fast alert" mode not being in the domestic Ferrets. Ferret's are related to mink, who also SND, but if a mink feels threatened it awakens quickly and with a vengence. The black-footed ferret is the most endangered mammal in North America. FYI that you probably really did not want to know (LOL) but I was curious and asked at work today.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 4:58 PM

At one point, the black-footed ferret was believed to be extinct. They've spotted a few since then. The black-footed ferret and the domestic ferret aren't the same species.

LilWolff ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 5:47 PM

Thanks Xenophonz I should have mentioned that. I tend to only think of domestic when it comes to ferrets. I found the blight of the black-footed a very interesting subject. Our zoologist loves to talk. ;-) Will be watching to see what skins and realistic morphability come with the little critter above. Many possiblities.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 11:26 PM

Noggins?

โ™ ฮฉ Poser eZine ฮฉโ™ 
โ™ ฮฉ Poser Free Stuff ฮฉโ™ 
โ™ ฮฉ My Homepage ฮฉโ™ 

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

ย 

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 11:27 PM

That is if we are allowed to start guessing who is making this. If not then ignore the above.

โ™ ฮฉ Poser eZine ฮฉโ™ 
โ™ ฮฉ Poser Free Stuff ฮฉโ™ 
โ™ ฮฉ My Homepage ฮฉโ™ 

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

ย 

sandoppe ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 11:52 PM

I'll bet Lynne could create a great texture for the little critter!! :) Ferrets are such neat little guys. Pet Expo always has a batch....and I always stop to chat with them and get my laugh for the day :) I'd like to have one, but I don't think my cat would....or my drapes.....or anything else that might be "shreddable" or "hideable". I understand they are real packrats when it comes to taking stuff and creating a stash.

sixus1 ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2005 at 3:09 AM

When I lived in Texas as a kid we had a storm and a black-footed ferret showed up on our patio. It was weakened and hungry. So my addle-brained step-father and his brother decided that it would make a good pet. I still have nightmares. It made the most horrible noises. It stank. And then it tore through the bathroom door and killed my cat. It also started to pull and shake my bedroom door. I thought that it was going to kill me too (I was only 8 years old). Needless to say...even regular ferrets give me the creeps to this day. --Rebekah--

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2005 at 3:24 AM

Poor Rebekah! Worst ferret experience I ever had was when I was helping my friend move back in to her mom's place. We'd carried in the box full of her clothes, and were going to put it in the bottom drawer of her sister's dresser. Opened the drawer... Oh god. Oh, my god. See, when my friend left, she took the ferret with her, and her sister never bothered to clean the drawer up for use... The ferret had previously claimed the bottom drawer, and... oh dear. Let's just say that it was less than pleasant. WOOD should not be GREEN!!!

Kreations By Khrys

elizabyte ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2005 at 5:52 AM

Noggins? Nope. But pdxjims and I are doing beta testing if that gives you any hints. ;) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

sandoppe ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2005 at 9:28 AM

Whoooaaaa Rebekah!! That's awful!! If I were you I woulnd't feel one bit sorry that their lot was endangered.

sixus1 ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2005 at 9:54 AM

Ahhh...I don't want them all dead. Just not near me :) --Rebekah--

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2005 at 10:07 AM

I think "he who shall not be named" will take it as a compliment that you're comparing his work to Noggin's. I do believe it'll be submitted sometime VERY soon. There is one other much beloved person in S.F. who has a copy, but she's not an official tester...

Katoran ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2005 at 11:56 AM

Just a thought, but I agree that something looks off about the hind claws. They look like they stick out at a right angle from the ends of the toes. (I'm not sure they do, but that's how they look. Especially in the pose where it's standing on its hind legs.) Other than that, it's a very nice looking figure.

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2005 at 11:12 PM

file_178428.jpg

The mysterious creator says: "They're modelled based on real ferret feet, the nails of which I have trimmed many times." Also here's a picture to show the mapping.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2005 at 12:14 AM

It's an Aeon Unimesh figure RTEncoded from the Millennium Baby.

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2005 at 12:29 AM

Shhh, no one was supposed to KNOW that!

Kreations By Khrys

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 5:54 PM ยท edited Sat, 19 February 2005 at 5:56 PM

Just for an update, the mysterious and incorrigible (and frustratingly determined) creator of this mustelid has submitted it to DAZ and is in negotiations with them as to whether to sell it or broker it. However, it's slow going right now because DAZ is really very busy with the work involved in the acquisition of PoserPros, and the weasel is in QA at this time. That and he's also playing human ping-pong between Portland and SF right now, enrolled in college at the Academy of Art, gotten a phone, working on getting his licence back and buying a New Bug, and so on, so he himself is doing a lot of time juggling too.

Message edited on: 02/19/2005 17:56

nickedshield ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 5:58 PM

have to keep an eye out over at Daz I reckon

sandoppe ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 10:50 PM

It's a weasel? I thought it was a Ferret! :) Well....whatever....we'll keep an eye on DAZ!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.