Thu, Sep 19, 10:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:52 pm)

Subject: Creating new models/characters

barrowlass ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2005 at 4:56 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:32 PM

file_180596.jpg

I've made a couple of characters which I like and want to use again. How do I put them into the libraries so I can just click to insert them into a scene? I've attached a screenshot.

My aspiration: to make a decent Poser Render I'm an Oldie, a goldie, but not a miracle worker :-)

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2005 at 7:33 AM

You can rename a pz3 to be a cr2 but when you load it in it uses the window size from the file (which probably isn`t a bad thing).

barrowlass ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2005 at 7:53 AM

never done that before - is it just a case of straightforward renaming (changing the suffix) or is there something else to be done? It sounds much too simple for Poser ;-)

My aspiration: to make a decent Poser Render I'm an Oldie, a goldie, but not a miracle worker :-)

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2005 at 8:07 AM

You do just change the suffix. You can then move the file into a library and use it like any other library file.

barrowlass ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2005 at 8:09 AM

wow! I thought there was some weird and wonderful process to go thru. here goes then! thanx a lot guys - x

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

geep ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2005 at 8:37 AM

file_180597.jpg

... or you could just do this ... ... unless it is not a figure ... then ... just add it to your props library. cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2005 at 10:48 AM

Do what geep says, it's by far the easiest way. If you have stuff on the figure like clothes and hair etc. you will get a message about saving as a group. Say yes and then it will be saved complete. I do it this way all the time when doing a story line for instance. Make and clothe the character and then save complete to the library to be used as and when I please and the when I've finished with it just click on the "negative" mark and it's gone!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

barrowlass ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2005 at 12:22 PM

thank you so much - I've just done it - can't believe it's so simple! This forum has been such a help to me - I wouldn't have had a clue otherwise.

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

raelislington ( ) posted Sat, 05 February 2005 at 9:20 PM

blinks I've been trying to figure out how to do this for a while...I can't believe it's that simple! I love you guys.

danamongden ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 10:48 PM

Oh my God!! I've also been trying to figure this one out for some time. I've even been looking for a tutorial on it for the last couple of days, but I couldn't find one. I was about to post asking after someone, but I figured someone would have already asked at one point. Sure, I'd seen the "Add To Library" button before, but I always figured that was for "install third party files now" or something. Maybe I'm just the slow one, but that really ought to be in the Poser FAQ.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.