Thu, Sep 19, 3:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: How Long Have You Been A Poser User?

JVRenderer ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 11:22 AM

December 2001...I started out with Poser 4, then propack. Now I still use Propack most of the time, and about 25% of the time Poser 5.

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

Treewarden ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 11:37 AM

I started 2000. I downloaded the demo from CL, then went out and bought a computer and ordered a copy of Poser 4 from CL. So, I bought the computer just to do Poser. Luckily I have found other uses for it too, hehehehe....

EdW ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 11:45 AM

I started with Poser 2. Used it a little then got Poser 3. That would have to be somewhere around Oct of 1998. My first use of Poser was to create a Microsoft Agent character.

DIMENSION_X ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 11:52 AM · edited Mon, 07 February 2005 at 11:55 AM

I first got started with Poser 3 in 1998/99. Really got interested in 2002 after the release of Poser 4 and Pro Pack. Moved on to use Poser 5 since mid 2003 :)

Message edited on: 02/07/2005 11:55

MistDragon ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 12:10 PM

Since June of 2000, when my friend ARADtech showed me what he could do with Poser I just had to go out and get it too! :D

MISTDRAGON

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 12:11 PM

About 18 months and I started with P5. Never touched any other 3D package until then. I bought Vue4 recently now!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

dlfurman ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 12:13 PM

I still have my Poser 1 FLOPPIES.... And to echo what has been stated above, I'm still trying to get a handle on this thing!

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 1:00 PM · edited Mon, 07 February 2005 at 1:01 PM

From what I've seen, Poser tends to handle its owner.

Not the other way around.

Message edited on: 02/07/2005 13:01

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 2:18 PM

3 years. Started out with P4 Pro Pack. Posted my first image here a few months later. Switched to P5 about 14 months ago.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Neyjour ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 3:04 PM

I discovered Poser August 2003 and rushed out and bought P4/PP. Spent 2 months completely stressed, cussing and tearing my hair out. LOL! Almost gave up several times. But by October I had finally gotten the hang of it, posted my first image to the galleries here, and I've been loving it ever since! :)

"You don't know what we can see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

khorne ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 3:34 PM

POSER AND BRYCE LATER 1999

pigfish9 ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 3:59 PM

I started with Poser4/PP at work in 2001. New people at work got my software so I bought Poser 4 for home. I was one of the suckers who pre-ordered Poser 5 and I have loved it since the beginning. I'm looking forward to P6...

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 4:14 PM

I started on Bryce 3 and soon afterwards Poser 3.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 6:11 PM · edited Mon, 07 February 2005 at 6:17 PM

wow, never realized just how old this program really is. What came first Bryce or Poser?

Message edited on: 02/07/2005 18:17

Jim Burton ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 6:16 PM

I started with Poser 2, got it just about when it first came out, can't recall when that was, either, only it was a long, long time ago, in computer years. ;-)

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 7:02 PM

Zippyozzy I think that bryce came first.

dan whiteside ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 7:11 PM

Poser 1 - about 9 years... What a long strange trip it's been :-)

rwilliams ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 7:57 PM

Poser 1. I also checked every week for the release. Then I pre-ordered. Still have those original Poser 1 floppies.

ulysses ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 9:33 PM

I saw it demonstrated at the now defunct 3D Animation Conference at the Santa Clara Convention Center in 1999 and was hooked immediately. I tried to convince my company's graphics dept. to buy some copies but some nitwit consultant trainer they were using said it had a very steep learning curve. So I went out and bought Poser 4 myself. I'm disappointed in the inferior speed of Poser 5 on the Macintosh platform, as the hair room is unusable, even on my dual processor G5. But I'm a die-hard fan. And also still use Metacreations Infini-D all the time. Oh yeah, the graphics dept is eating crow when they see what I'm doing with Poser now.

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 10:31 PM

I think since 1998 or 99. I had just gotten on the net and was actually searching for book companies and their requirements for submitting manuscripts. Must have been destiny because somehow my search oddly turned up some art site that had these incredible landscapes. I kept clicking links and looking and was in awe and kept seeing the word Bryce......hmmm, did a search, Bryce 4 had just come out so the price on 3 plummeted. I got it for $72 bucks. So I went searching for freestuff even before it arrived. I happened onto this site by Thrallord. I liked his work and emailed him. He mistook what I said about Bryce, and welcomed me instead to the Poser community. I had to email him and say it was Bryce that I had coming and that though I'd heard of Poser, I couldn't afford it. The man mailed me his copy of Poser3 because he'd just gotten Poser4. Oh, yes, I enjoyed Bryce, but Poser, well, I became addicted to that right quick. Upgraded to Poser4 after I saw a Koz render from P4 that I could have sworn was a photograph. Took a while to warm up to P5, but it gives me access to some Bryce like functions. I still have P4 on the laptop tho and will use it for composing a scene and then go to P5 for the Mats, Raytracing and render. Now P6 is on the horizon. Oh yeah, and P4&5 take something like 20 gigs of hard drive space. grin

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 10:43 PM

Poser 1 ... many moons ago :) in faxt, Gore hadn't even invented the internet yet.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

zippyozzy ( ) posted Mon, 07 February 2005 at 11:22 PM · edited Mon, 07 February 2005 at 11:25 PM

Zippyozzy I think that bryce came first. I thought as much. I had Bryce 5 given to me by a friend. I bought P4 not too long ago. I wanted to make short, animation cartoons and couldn't make my own characters out of anything, went hunting around the 3D sites and saw Poser and checked it out and low and behold, it had everything I needed for character rendering. Bought it at the store the next day, worth every penny. I'm such a newbie still, 9 months later. Bryce and P4 looked like they had almost the same interface. I like Bryce a lot and use it for background making in P4. Message edited on: 02/07/2005 23:25

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2005 at 1:17 AM

How many floppies did Poser 1 come on? What facilities did Poser 1 have?

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2005 at 4:08 AM

I just checked the cd I got Poser1 on & it was 1996, I've had poser in one form or another for 9 yrs O_O

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2005 at 6:20 AM

I think I still have my P1 box here someplace. I think it was 2 or 3 , 3-1/2 floppies. If you look in your p4 or p5 figure library, the original P1 characters are still in there. Render one out and be in shock. I had all the characters on my site for a bit...from P1-P5..and the DAZ characters o show the evolution. There is a big difference except from P3 to P4

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

BAM ( ) posted Tue, 08 February 2005 at 3:35 PM

P1 came on 3 floppies. Pretty primitive and simple, especially compared to P5. Shallow learning curve.

JetM ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 9:56 PM

I'll add my name to the list. 1998 with Poser 2. The hands weren't posable back then. That was a huge thing in P3 :D

Wombat ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 9:04 PM

lol, I really had Poser 1...yes...really Thomas

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 9:56 PM

Zippyozzy I actualy preferred the older interface of poser 1 and 2 also (I actually used them), I remember being dissappointed when poser 3 came out with the newer interface that poser has now.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.