Sat, Sep 7, 8:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: WIP The BIG One - Render Damn you!

rj001 ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 7:52 AM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 3:27 PM

file_181777.jpg

So i've textured and planned out my scene of an advancing front line of Troop carriers. However PC power dictates i will need to change my usual procedure of all 'in camera' images (most of my work is one pass in the Bryce render). So this image is of a render for the first layer, i have used blank untextured models to indicate where i will place the carrier, each with minor mods, in subsequent renders. Also it gives me a bit longer to plan the background (ruins i think) - then i shall render at biggest size (4000X2000) each layer, and then render a mask (thanks to Brycetech for giving me this pointer a while back) before repositioning and moving into the image. Also gives an opportunity to tweak lighting if required. aLSO means i may see a finished image before christmas. oops what a lot of words hope not too boring.

Experience is no substitute for blind faith.

http://avalon2000.livejournal.com/ - My Art Blog

Swade ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 8:55 AM

Sounds like you know exactly what you need to do.... However, if Bryce 5.5 gets released soon you may be able to overcome the long render time..... or at least shorten it some. None-the-less... Looks like a nice start. Will watch for updated WIPs...

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 9:50 AM · edited Wed, 09 February 2005 at 9:51 AM

"When killers attack!!!!!" Tonight on Fox. Where are the hordes of droids?

Message edited on: 02/09/2005 09:51

rj001 ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 9:54 AM

do you realise how many polygons an army of droids is gonna be...AAARrrggh, there pops the motherboard

Experience is no substitute for blind faith.

http://avalon2000.livejournal.com/ - My Art Blog

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 11:29 AM

press 'render', go to bed at night, come back after work, check. Worked for me, but so far my longest render is 19 hours..;) It looks like it would be worth the wait..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

RodsArt ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 12:18 PM

file_181784.jpg

You could configure layers with droids staggered in individual backdrop renders. smoosh it all together. there ya are... Check out some of rochrs' Wip threads. Here's a small clue to one of mine. "Fables". This is nowhere near as complex as what your doing. Your work is amazing RJ, keep'm coming. ICM

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 12:27 PM

Hello everyone, A friend of mine recommended this place and mentioned about the tricks done in bryce. SO is there a tutorial somewhere explaining the tricks mentioned in this post? I've been trying to do an Underwater Dolphin Scene, on an AMD Athalon XP 2500+ Barton running at 2.2 GHZ with 512MB of Dual Ram and it took 4 Days to render. I'm basically following the tutorial found on DAZ3D Tutorial. I got frustrated and being an I.T. Guy with lots of spare parts I build 2 x PIII 800MHZ Systems + 1 x PII 400MHZ System. With Bryce Lightning and all 4 systems the same image took 1 Day 5 Hours 22 Minutes to render.

RodsArt ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 12:53 PM

Analog-X: Are you familiar with PhotoShop?

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

lordstormdragon ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 1:21 PM

Analog, scen optimization in Bryce is tediuos, but not impossible. What kinds of lights are you using? Lights with "ranged" falloff render the fastest. And of course, lights that don't cast shadows render even faster. Are you using Volumetric World? Don't, it's obnoxious and slow and there are plenty of volumetric workarounds you can use that will not only look BETTER, but will give you some control over their render speeds... Get back to us, start a new thread and we'll help you take that scene apart...

Redfeather ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 8:53 PM · edited Wed, 09 February 2005 at 8:54 PM

Also you might want to tweek your resolution setting as far as rendering. if your working on the dolphin tut I think you are its the same one I did and with my little athlon 1800 running 1.53 GHz it only took about 5 hrs I would post the result but after I up dated my ram and bryce blue screened my sys several times I lost all my WIPs and finished pieces.
(note: again great thanx to ICM for helping me with that)

Message edited on: 02/09/2005 20:54

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.