Mon, Sep 9, 5:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 10:25 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Furred cats WIP

Tiny ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 2:24 PM ยท edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 6:59 PM

file_177965.jpg

I have tested a little to see if it is possible to create the Maine Coon cat. A rough try. Here is a picture from his head.

I have googled to find pictures from side, standing, etc. But wasn't very successful first try. Would like to have pictures of him wet so one could see the body structure better. Now they are all hair! ;o)

Is his nose too long?

LonCray ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 2:36 PM

I've gotten my part-coon cat wet - it's not a pretty sight. And there's little chance of getting a picture when I'm trying to keep her from clawing me.

Tiny ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 3:14 PM

file_177966.jpg

LOL!

This is what I have so far of tweaking the MilCat.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 4:27 PM

Do you know the difference between "fox faces" and "bear faces"... Forest Cats tend to be a little foxier in the noses and Maine Coons tend to be a bit more bearlike in the cheekbones (a modified wedge according to the cat book) and a bit broad-faced. That nose is too long. I have to get a packet to the PO this afternoon, but will come back and make some scans of both breeds. IM me your email addy and I'll get them off to you. Carolly

faeriesprite ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 6:07 PM

file_177967.jpg

the snout does need to be shorter, though it does look to be wide enough

faeriesprite ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 6:07 PM

I should add that I am going to be following this...Maine Coons are my favorite breed, followed by Traditional Siamese

Arien ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 7:19 PM

Nice project! Looks like it would be just for P5 though. No problem there. And obviously... bookmark.

My store

Aureeanna ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 8:20 PM

bookmark

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 8:30 PM

Very interesting! :) bookmark! :)

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Tiny ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 9:08 PM ยท edited Mon, 31 January 2005 at 9:10 PM

file_177968.jpg

Ok. Here is another tweaking of the head and nose. It is looking better I think. ------------- I see now that the 'face hair', the long part on the sides, should start lower and not so high up towards the ears. Right?

Message edited on: 01/31/2005 21:10

faeriesprite ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2005 at 10:12 PM

hmm, it may need to come out just a tad. Could we see a frontal render? From the side it is looking a bit like a Persian. the fur does look much better. generally their faces are free of the very long fur, but it begins to fluff, like a halo, around the edges of their features

jaybutton ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 9:04 AM

Fantastic use of the Hair Room! Best looking cat I have seen in Poser. Jay

Rollike ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 11:53 AM

Just looking wonderful!!! Ill mail you later tonight! :-) HUGS Mette

keweljewels ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 4:58 PM

Wow looking good..I'm assuming this is for mil Cat :)

Tiny ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 8:33 PM ยท edited Tue, 01 February 2005 at 8:45 PM

After receiving several good pictures with "instructions" I have made some new changes.

You all have to be prepared that I may reach an end of what I am able to do. This is new to me. But I like it a lot! And I don't give up easy. ;o)

Below follows some images. Again, tell me what you think. P.S. When/if the shape of him is 'acceptable' I'll start working on the hair. It is not difficult to put hair on him. The hard part is to put 'just enough' so it'll look thick and the computer still will accept it.

Message edited on: 02/01/2005 20:45

Tiny ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 8:37 PM

file_177969.jpg

From front.

Ran in to limits with the ears. Have used a couple of magnets on them.

Tiny ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 8:38 PM

file_177970.jpg

From side.

There are limits on how much I can get the jaw (lower "lip"-part) to come forward.

Tiny ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 8:40 PM

file_177971.jpg

With hair, front.

Tiny ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 8:41 PM

file_177972.jpg

With hair a little from the side.

Tiny ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 8:42 PM

file_177973.jpg

With hair, from side.

Rollike ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 1:47 AM

Ohhh.. just wonderful! :-) Ears could get a little bit closer and the the chin a little bit more to the front... Then he is just perfect!!!! You've done such a good job! :-) Hugs Mette

Tiny ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 4:48 AM

keweljewels: I'm assuming this is for mil Cat<< Yes, it is the milCat. I will try to do some textures that I've seen on Maine Coons when I 'googled'. There are some very pretty cats out there. :o)

faeriesprite ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2005 at 5:43 AM

Now that looks more like my Stormie! You've done a wonderful job moving things around as you can. I think we can all appreciate the limits that you have.

Tiny ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 12:54 PM

faeriesprite, Happy to hear it looks like a real one. :o)

Well, I will have to "put this on ice" for a while.
I have sent questions to DAZ (2 times) about if I can sell the Cr2 straight off or if I must change it somehow. Quite hard to understand the FAQs when it is not my native language. So far no answers.
Have also posted on their forum and was told to contact DAZ. =o/

.... to be continued....hopefully :o)

Caly ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 7:57 AM

file_177975.jpg

Yay more kitty cat stuff! Now if only there were some way to make tufts like the big cats have for the little kitty so you could do a Maine Coon even in Poser 4.

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Tiny ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 8:52 AM

Wonderful cat you have there Caly! Beautiful texture! ;o) Do you have any other pictures so I can "steal" the design of the texture? Just look at the dot under his nose. I just love it.

Caly ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2005 at 9:23 AM

file_177976.jpg

Ele is huge but she has a tiny voice. I love her dotted nose myself. Her paw pads are the same. Pink w black dots. In fact, because her nose and paw pads aren't a single color we were able to get her for less even though she's purebred. :) I'll have more pictures when I get home from work. :)

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Tiny ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 6:39 PM

Ok everybody, the project is rolling again. :o)

But the more I learn on using the hair room and working with the cat, the more picky I get. Sigh..... Lots of ideas and plans.
Will also (hopefully) have a few "home made" textures for those that do not have the MilCat textures from DAZ.
I am also testing a "light version" with little less hair so it can be rendered on slower machines. I tested the 'Garfield Jr. cat on my old machine (1.3 Ghz, 1.3 Gb Ram). Had to lower the Bucket size to half before it would render. But then it took only 7 minutes. 3 minutes on my work machine. :o) So there is hope.

I'll be back as soon as I have something new to show and when I've crawled out of this influenza which still keeps me in bed.

faeriesprite ( ) posted Wed, 09 February 2005 at 8:28 PM

cheers and get well soon

Tiny ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 2:15 PM

Thank you faeriesprite. :o)

What I have tried now is creating MATs for the textures trying both Math Pose Edit and the Python Mat creator script.
Can't figure out how to save hair texture and character texture at the same time. I figured I manually go through the Cr2 file to fix it. Opened it in Word which started "counting pages". I went and made tea. When I came back it had stopped at 20772 pages! No way I will go through that manually. :oP

This is quite a dilemma.
I guess one could have each cat/texture as a separate character but the file size, for example Garfield Jr. is 37Mb! So I don't think that is a good solution.

Anyone of you 'gurus' know of a magic tool that will fix this? :o)

Besides this little ditch the cats are developing very nice. Yes, there will be more pictures, just want to solve this irritating texture thingy first.

Tiny ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2005 at 11:42 PM

Good news, MAT file problem is solved! I ended up having to do it manually anyhow.
Since I don't know hardly anything about how to set up a pz2 file I had to take apart existing files and with trial and error find my way through that jungle. I am sure they are not very pretty but they work.

In my previous post I was messing around with the cr2 file instead of the pz2, hence the vast amount of pages. I blame it on the flu.

Next there will be some images for you! :o)

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2005 at 10:45 PM ยท edited Sun, 13 February 2005 at 10:54 PM

I ran in to some other interesting 'happenings'.
When putting on any of the pre made cat race morphs the hair would not follow the morphs. It was hanging in midair an inch outside of the cat. Figured no one wanted that! Finally I understood what the problem was. So now one can use any of the MilCats pre made morphs and animate the cat as one please. :o)

This is the "light" version with less hair. There is a short hair, medium hair and long hair version. As shown in the images. I was thinking that the package should include those and a version with more hair plus the Maine Coon (coming next). What do you think?

The images below are with DAZ MilCat textures, morphs and poses.
Maine coon is on the work table right now. :o)

Message edited on: 02/13/2005 22:54

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2005 at 10:47 PM

file_177977.jpg

Short hair. With siamese texture and morph. Compared with same cat and no hair. Rendered at the same time.

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2005 at 10:49 PM

file_177980.jpg

Medium hair. With TortieOriental texture and a mix morph. Compared with same cat and no hair. Rendered at the same time.

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2005 at 10:50 PM

file_177981.jpg

Long hair. Grey and white texture and a mix of morphs. Compared with same cat and no hair. rendered at the same time.

faeriesprite ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 4:13 AM

how cool! I love them.

Tiny ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 7:09 AM

file_177983.jpg

And who's cat is this? ;o)

jaybutton ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2005 at 10:10 AM

WOW!

Singular3D ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 12:59 AM

Think you have to write a tutorial hint,hint :-) Exellent work!

underdog ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 9:43 PM

To heck with HINTING. A tutorial would be great! This is nice work.

Tiny ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 9:07 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12413&Form.ShowMessage=2123054

Maine coon continues at the link. :o) New images.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.