Thu, Sep 19, 11:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Need Quicky Help On V3 Please? :)

zippyozzy ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 11:10 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:01 PM

file_185358.jpg

I'm tying to make her sit but not low to the ground, tried every which way to make her go up, so she's sitting in front of the camera. I would like to get the entire body in and not just a headshot. Is there a dial setting I can use for closeups? I've tried the different camera angles but the body is sitting. I'm in P4. ;) ty.

sturkwurk ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 11:34 PM

Are you just using the face camera? There are others, and what focal length are you using? Try moving the focal up to 100 to see a difference.

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 11:36 PM

I'm using face camera, dial settings, I think I got it but it still cuts off the body somewhat.

ArtyMotion ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 11:42 PM

If you want to move the body upward, you can select either the HIP or the BODY, and adjust the YTran value upward to raise her off the floor.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 12:01 AM · edited Wed, 16 February 2005 at 12:04 AM

file_185360.jpg

I'm trying to squeeze an entire body shot in but this is as close as I can make it. I used the dolly camera to raise the body at least. ;)

Message edited on: 02/16/2005 00:04

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 12:30 AM

You are better not using the face camera for full body shots because the face camera tends to track the head.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 12:35 AM

Is it possible to do a full closeup of the entire body without it getting cutoff in the render? I'm using both the dolly camera and the face camera. I haven't experiment much with the camera's just yet, just the face & the dolly. ty.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 12:41 AM

I have the feeling this might also have to do with the render dimensions as compared to the document window. No matter how much you adjust the camera, you are not going to get what you want if document window and render dimensions don't match.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

ArtyMotion ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:05 AM · edited Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:06 AM

Right ... you need to change the dimensions of the document window, and make it more like a portrait ... you know, like an 8 x 10 photo. I think the command is Window > Document Window Size, and then you can enter new document dimensions. Try something like 400 wide and 500 high (which would give approximately the same aspect ratio as an 8 x 10 photo). You'll probably have to adjust your camera again afterwards.

Message edited on: 02/16/2005 01:06

Tunesy ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:12 AM · edited Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:22 AM

file_185361.jpg

Do you know how to move the cameras in and out using the camera controls, zippy? These are the two I use most frequently after 'the ball', whatever it's called. Disregard if I misunderstood you ;) edit: The zoom tool can be handy sometimes to help set up a camera. With zoom tool selected whatever point in the scene you click on becomes the new 'center' of the shot. Sometimes it's easier to ctrl-click the zoom tool (to zoom out) a few times and then regular click to zoom back in, then fine tune with the hand tools.

Message edited on: 02/16/2005 01:22

zippyozzy ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:19 AM

Right ... you need to change the dimensions of the document window, and make it more like a portrait ... you know, like an 8 x 10 photo. I think the command is Window > Document Window Size, and then you can enter new document dimensions. Try something like 400 wide and 500 high (which would give approximately the same aspect ratio as an 8 x 10 photo). You'll probably have to adjust your camera again afterwards. ok, I think that's the reason. I haven't tried to adjust that yet into a portrait. I work on a small laptop lol and I forget I have to adjust poser to widen the workspace. Do you know how to move the cameras in and out using the camera controls, zippy? These are the two I use most frequently after 'the ball', whatever it's called. Disregard if I misunderstood you ;) I do use that and mainly the dials. I think it's the size of my laptop monitor and my P4 work window being too small. lol. :) whacks myself upside my head. ty.

Tunesy ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:24 AM

Ok ) From the sound of your post I wasn't sure if you were aware of it or not.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:29 AM

ty. I kinda been using the dolly to zoom in and out for closeups and to raise the body up off the floor and the camera dial settings. I think it's the window size but when I open up the document window, I can't see my dial settings. lol. can't win. :)

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:35 AM

You would be better to use the main or auxiliary camera for non portrait poses.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:48 AM · edited Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:49 AM

I might have to try and use the auxiliary camera cos I can't seem to adjust my doc window without it cutting off my dials. thanks guys, will play around with it some more. I've been struggling with this for 3 days lol. I'll delete the above image, it opened up too big. ;)

Message edited on: 02/16/2005 01:49

PabloS ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 6:04 AM

for this kind of shot, i agree with xantor, use the main or auxiliary camera. set focal length to a minimum of 80 (i use 100). with these cameras, you'll have more freedom of movement, like a real camera, than the dolly while the face camera will remain pointing at ... the face. BTW, i use the face camera primarily to "zoom in" for posing the head and setting up facial expressions, not rendering. :-)

zippyozzy ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 7:12 PM

I just tried it with the auxiliary camera and it still cuts off the shot. I think it just maybe my laptop screen is too small. I'll probably just save the poses and import to Bryce for the final render. Bryce open's up more to a full screen while P4 doesn't and use Bryce for the finish. :)

ArtyMotion ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 7:17 PM

file_185362.jpg

You can render images much larger than the window size. First, adjust your document window size so that you get everything in the scene that you want to see. Then in Poser 5, what you have to do is choose the Render Options command, to open up the render options dialog. There is a section in the dialog called "Image Output Settings." It defaults to "Render to main window." However, to render a larger image, choose "Render to New Window." Then, click the Match Document Window button. That will adjust the dimensions to match your window size. Finally, with the "Constrain Aspect Ratio" option checked, enter a new width or height number, and the other one will automatically adjust to match the aspect ratio of your document window.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 3:13 AM · edited Thu, 17 February 2005 at 3:18 AM

I'm behind the times. I'm one of the very few people here that use Poser 4 as a learning curve. What I'm doing is opening new doc window and doing the renders that way to make them larger. Oh man, wish P4 had those features! I'm waiting on P6 before I upgrade.

Message edited on: 02/17/2005 03:18

ArtyMotion ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:55 AM

Poser 4 has the same capability to render to a new window ... is this what you mean when you say you are opening a new doc window? Anyway, choose Render Options in P4, and select the "Render to New Window" option. It also has the Match Document Window Size command as well.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 12:31 AM

Poser 4 has the same capability to render to a new window ... is this what you mean when you say you are opening a new doc window? yes, sorry bout that. It's just that I have to try to adjust it to fit my laptop screen. ok, thanks, will check it out. I put a render in my gallery, playing around with the doc sizes.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.