Wed, Sep 18, 10:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: I really need a poser animationist

LadyBea32 ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 6:21 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 10:26 AM

that can save the animation pose or show me how. when i try only the pose gets saved and not the animation. if you want to do the work yourself i had plan to sell what i need on pp and rosity. but at any rate someone that knows how to do this kind of thing....pleassssse post a reply. thanks bea

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 6:46 PM

When you save a pose to the Pose library, it will bring up a "Save Frames" dialog so that you can save more than one frame. Easy as that!

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 6:47 PM

In the save dialog when you come to the Save Frames window just select Multi frame animation. Be sure to correctly type in the start and end frame numbers.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 6:47 PM · edited Tue, 15 February 2005 at 6:48 PM

When you save a pose you should get a screen that asks if you are saving a single frame or multiple frames (check boxes) with start and end frames specified for the animation selection.

This is in the Poser 5 manual page 132. Workspace Referance - Maintaing your library pallette. gee - three answers at the same time :)

Message edited on: 02/15/2005 18:48

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 6:50 PM

Any more? .... lets go for a record :)

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 6:51 PM

The commercials must be on :)

NimProdAction ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 6:55 PM

When you save a pose you should get a screen, Save Frames window just select Multi frame animation....sorry, PHILC ask for it

LadyBea32 ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 7:02 PM · edited Tue, 15 February 2005 at 7:03 PM

Attached Link: http://www.bea.3dbeast.com/Freebies/lbBanghead.gif

lol...

ok i did that, i have three frames and i put, 1 for the first and 3 for the second part. and still nothing.

here is what the animation looks like after i saved it as a gif in psp animation shop.

but poser isnt saving the animation, or if it is, its not playing it when i try to do it.

or maybe im supposed to play animation by going to the animation on the top and click play animation from there?

bea

and yes i need to slow the animation down a bit. i was just screwing around...lol oh one more question do i need to select subset on what to save in it? i just clicked for the body of the emotion to save but since my head pain was parented to it, it posed also

Message edited on: 02/15/2005 19:03

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 7:13 PM

Are you animating from the BODY, or from the hip or another body part?

BODY channels aren't automatically saved in pose files ... one of those annoying #@$%& quirks that I wish CL would change in the next version of Poser. I've grown weary of cutting-and-pasting from scene files.

oh one more question do i need to select subset on what to save in it?

Did you actually keyframe the pain prop, or is it simply coming along for the ride? If the latter, I wouldn't bother with subsetting.

LadyBea32 ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 9:42 PM

keyframe? well i used the animation thingy at the bottom of poser pros if that is what you mean. i dont really know how to animate i am just messing with it. i wish i could find someone to do it for me that wouldnt mind becoming a merchant/partner with me on this. i never cared for animations, but when i save the cutsey emotions the first thing to pop into my head were animations and new props for them...lol. Course most of those animations were wicked ones like i would love to have one even for just myself of a smiley getting so mad its head explods...rofl. bea

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 12:20 AM · edited Wed, 16 February 2005 at 12:23 AM

3 frames is not a lot for an animation, even a short motion. I had a look at the animation and it does need more frames, you can retime the animation to add more frames.

Message edited on: 02/16/2005 00:23

LadyBea32 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 12:54 AM

oh ok, i figured as much but i wasnt sure. plus i also need to fix this one in psp. i did try at first in poser to have the pain on the head not show up on initial pose then show up when the head hit the wall but that didnt work. i guess its not possible to do that in poser. anyhow are there any tutorials i can follow to make these. i am still not able to save the darn pose for this one animation and if i cant do just one i wont be able to do the others. :( bea

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:39 AM

You can change the expression during the course of time, you can change the face to the look of pain at the moment the head first touches the wall. If you look for the dr geep tutorials in this forum particularly the animation ones, they should help you to make your animations.

LadyBea32 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 7:25 AM

ohh ok thanks hon. i knew about changing the face an all, i was meaning the prop i made other than the wall peice though. bea

ratscloset ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 8:30 AM

I think part of the issue is using the Word SAVE. In Poser, you ADD Animations to your Pose Folder using the Plus Signs at the bottom of the Content Display. When you Add it, make sure you have the Body selected. It will not Add the Wall, but will Add the 3 Frames of motion. Also, I am assuming here , but since you say you are new I am going to guess that you did each Frame of the Animation. You only need to set the Pose in Key Frames to make the Frames between Key Frames fill in with the Animation. Also, when having something stop and change direction you most likely want to Break the Spline of the Animation at the point it hits the Wall (or the Apex of the movement in the Animation Graph). This will make the direction change quicker (as in a bouncing ball.)

ratscloset
aka John

HaiGan ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 9:28 AM · edited Wed, 16 February 2005 at 9:30 AM

I think what you actually want to do is to 'make movie', not to 'save', to view it as a seperate file? Output either a series of .jpgs or a single .avi file. If I had Poser in front of me I'd do a step-by-step explanation but I haven't so I can't. Anyone else? To save something someone else could use to make an animation, you'd need to save a multi-frame animation as described by everyone else.

Message edited on: 02/16/2005 09:30

LadyBea32 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 12:33 PM

"I think part of the issue is using the Word SAVE. In Poser, you ADD Animations to your Pose Folder using the Plus Signs at the bottom of the Content Display." im dense not slow...i know the difference in this part above...lol ok got ya on the second part. thanks, i have been doing it wrong. though i did save the pose the way you said and its not saving the animation part even though it does have a 3 in the top right corner of the png file. i well figure it out some how...there has to be something i am doing wrong for the stupid thing not to want to save the animation correctly. my guess is im doing it wrong somewhere along the line. thanks all for you help bea

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 7:37 PM

If the png has 3 in the corner it has saved the animation, animations are saved with a static image png, not an actual animation. I hope that this helps, if you want to show people the animation working you could just include an animated gif of the pose for people to look at.

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 6:46 PM

Bea sent me a link for the files, and they do not work as one would expect. I am not sure as to the cause, but gave a couple of thoughts. I am replying here so I will be notified if there is a response to this thread, since I had such a hard time finding it!

ratscloset
aka John

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.