Tue, Oct 22, 3:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:57 pm)

Subject: More Poser 6 news!

Philywebrider ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 5:14 AM

Katherinen is there an order phone line where I could place my order with a human being? :O(

Janl ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 5:17 AM

My serial number is not accepted either! I'm in the UK!

Nevermore ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 5:20 AM

UK, serial rejected. Have IM'd Katherine.

kristinf ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 5:22 AM

... and chalk up another UK serial number failure :)

"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end" - Margaret Thatcher 1989

Puntomaus ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 5:59 AM

P5 (english version)serial# rejected, Location Germany. IM'd Katherine.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:24 AM

Australia here - serial rejected on the second attempt. First attempt rejected me for some other obscure reason as follows : "We're Sorry. The shipping location you selected in the shopping basket does not match the shipping address you entered in your order. Please return to the shopping basket and select your location and appropriate shipping method to continue with your order. " Huh ? I only have one address !!

shogakusha ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:31 AM

I recall signing up for the newsletter, but I do not recall getting any $50 coupon!! Is there any way to recover the coupon? I am still getting the newsletters, so I know I signed up. Thanks, Shogakusha

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:43 AM
Site Admin

PabloS ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:50 AM

so does the $50 rebate also apply to the $89 offer, making it $39?

dona_ferentes ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:50 AM ยท edited Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:51 AM

pre-ordered the upgrade for P5 from the UK before it came out... paying more money than CL charged for it later... I haven't received any special offer, just what appears to be the standard offer for upgrading.

Ditto. And now I'm one of the non-working serial numbers. You know, after that whole P5 fiasco, and with DAZ Studio in the background, I really thought CL would pull out all the stops to win back some customer goodwill this time round. I love Poser and have been using it since P3, but... oh never mind. I'm just frustrated.

Morph

Message edited on: 02/17/2005 07:51

narsil ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:13 AM

Ditto UK serial number rejected - even checked with new challenge to see if Serial number was valid (it was) narsil

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:42 AM

does the $50 rebate also apply to the $89 offer, making it $39?

The $50 coupon I have says it must be used on an order of $100 or more.

Maybe you could still use it on the $89 version, if you bought another CL product at the same time. Or maybe they won't allow both discounts, if the $89 offer is another coupon code.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:50 AM

I'm still waiting for an answer if I get the $50 too. I signed up in Dec. and never got it or the letters. I would buy P6 now if I get it, if not, I can't buy. I can't justify paying close to $200 my money(Canadian) to upgrade from P5. Very disappointed. It really stinks watching everyone brag about their discounts.

Dave ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:54 AM

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 9:00 AM

Wonder why some of us signed up back then, but didn;t get subscribed?

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

spedler ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 9:37 AM

Yet another UK S/N failure - have IM'ed Katherine with details.

Steve

pewe67 ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 9:53 AM

Serial number rejected from Germany. IM will follow...

jwhitham ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 10:03 AM

Although I'm in the UK, I purchased my P5 download from the US store, and paid in dollars. So the problem must be related to current location, rather than original purchase location. Mine rejected again today, IM sent.

Curious_Labs ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 11:36 AM

Hi, Thank you VERY MUCH to all that have IM'ed and posted origin. I had a feeling. I'm taking the details from the IM posts to have our Digital River crew trouble-shoot. I'll post more details as I get them on this. My sincere apologies for this difficulty. With kind regards, Katherine

rain ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 11:45 AM

I'm still waiting for an answer if I get the $50 too. I signed up in Dec. and never got it or the letters.>>

Me too :( And I'm also having to pay in Canadian dollars (which has gone down a bit) so a $50 coupon would be nice.

semidieu ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 11:50 AM

I'm from Switzerland... and my serial number was rejected.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 11:59 AM

For those seeing a pattern, I'm in the US and get the same problem. IM'ed details already. Wonder if it has anything to do with ordering Shade?

Greebo ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 12:37 PM

Serial number rejected. I'm in the UK. IM sent :)

DarrenUK ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 1:20 PM

I'm in the UK too and the serial was rejected. jwhitham, how did you get to the US store? I went from the main page to the store, and I can't even get the view amount in dollars. The only options I get are pounds sterling or euros. Perhaps it is because you ordered the download and I tried to order the upgrade from the p5 physical shipment option. I hope we arn't going to get the same thing we did last time, with the shipments from Ireland being delayed for ages!

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windowsย 8 Proย x64. Poser Display Units are inches

philebus ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 1:25 PM

There is a direct link to the US store in post number 8 in this thread. That will get you dollars.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 1:49 PM

That link doesn't seem to be useable if you're outside the U.S.

Some guy in the UK said in the DAZ forums that as soon as he switched the currency to show as British pounds, his serial was accepted.

philebus ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 1:57 PM

The link took me into the store OK. I've tried all currencies to try and get my serial accepted - no joy in any of them!

jwhitham ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 2:06 PM

"That link doesn't seem to be useable if you're outside the U.S."

Still works here. Not that it does me any good as my serial still gets rejected. Also I've decided I want the box and manual, so I'm now attempting to buy from the European store.

"Some guy in the UK said in the DAZ forums that as soon as he switched the currency to show as British pounds, his serial was accepted."

I've tried in GBP, Euros and Dollars without success.

Anywho my details have been forwarded to Digital River to sort now.

Porthos ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 2:28 PM

Tried all three with no success! 8*(

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

KindredSpirit ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 2:40 PM

Ditto Poser 5 user from UK

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 2:51 PM

Hmmmm.. just thought of something that does still have me a bit ticked about P5... I'm still waiting for a promised Lightwave plugin!

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

DarrenUK ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 3:11 PM

Yeah tried the link in post 8 to buy the upgrade from poser 5, this time using dollars, still wouldn't work. It could be that the problem is when you try to order the boxed version. To anyone who has successfully ordered the poser 6 upgrade from poser 5, did you order the boxed or the downloadable version?

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windowsย 8 Proย x64. Poser Display Units are inches

wrpspeed ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 3:28 PM

i ordered the boxed version.

Hawke ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 4:13 PM

I keep trying for the boxed version...

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 4:25 PM

Overseas people who tried using the direct link to the American store seem to either have their serials rejected, or if they go through, get an error message saying, "Sorry, this product is not available in your area." I ordered the boxed version. I like having a dead-tree manual. Went through just fine...once I realized I couldn't use Firefox. :-P

jwhitham ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 4:35 PM

"Overseas people who tried using the direct link to the American store seem to either have their serials rejected"

Excuse me, it's not us in the UK that's 'Overseas people', it's the rest of you!

Doona ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 4:58 PM

I am in the US and was able to upgrade with no trouble. I typed in my serial number from the original P5 CD sleeve. I ordered the Boxed version.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 4:59 PM

Well, anyone not "overseas" here in the U.S. should IM Katherine with proof of purchase. :-) Aparently, they've lost the European purchase data.

jwhitham ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 5:18 PM

"Well, anyone not "overseas" here in the U.S. should IM Katherine with proof of purchase."

Absolutely.

"Aparently, they've lost the European purchase data."

Some Antipodeans have been similarly inconvenieced, though I guess they're just colonials. :)

Jcleaver ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:17 PM

Thanks Randym77! I use Firefox, and once I ordered it using the Virus Downloader (IE), I was able to order.

Porthos ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:19 PM

I tried both Firefox and IE and still nothing!!!

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:21 PM

Could someone please tell me EXACTLY WHO is eligible for the $89 price tag? I bought my P5 very early, pre any SR fixes including the annoying unlocking thing.

My Renderosity Store

Hawke ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:25 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2123575

Lillybelles - see this thread:

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:29 PM

Whoops! I missed that thread completely - thank you :)

My Renderosity Store

Porthos ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:32 PM ยท edited Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:38 PM

I finally managed to order P6 after several failed attempts. I opened up IE and deleted cookies, cache etc. Went through the ususal steps and it accepted my S/N. YAY. BTW location is Ireland! ;) PS. My default browser is Firefox!

Message edited on: 02/17/2005 18:38

Puntomaus ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:54 PM

Yay, it's fixed. Just tried it again and my order went through. Location Germany :-) Thanks for fixing this so fast :-)

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

jwhitham ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:17 PM

Me too, order finally accepted!

philebus ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 12:47 AM

Yes! It still took a lot of goes and I accidentally orderered the download instead of the boxed edition - but after the trouble I've had I don't really mind that much. I've got it! Shade 7 LE is on my disk and ready to install. Their new site will not let you use the US store if you are in Europe though - pity - and you do have to have cookies enabled. -Now I've got a work out that re-payment plan for my credit card! There's a down side to everything.

pewe67 ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 7:38 AM

Tried it again and it worked from Germany ;) The download for Shader is running now :))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.