Tue, Oct 22, 3:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: UK P6 pre-order problem seems to have been fixed :)

gps ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:37 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:07 AM

Leastways, my order just went through OK.

BTW, given that it's now 2.40am here in the UK, I realise that this news will probably only be useful to Brit insomniacs, but I'm nocturnal and for me this is early evening ;)

Cheers

• Graham

PS - zippyozzy, if you think the P6 overload is bad now, just wait till they release the damn thing :) As someone who's still using P4 I can well remember what this place was like when P5 was first released!

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 9:35 PM

It was mentioned 2 threads down that the uk preordering might already be fixed. I am in uk, too and I tend to be nocturnal also. The time here now is 3 40 am.

dona_ferentes ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 4:15 AM

Well... let's hope it's fixed!

I ordered this morning, and the order seemed to go through OK. I got the emailed receipt and everything. But I've just had an email from them asking me to confirm my name and billing address, saying that if I didn't reply in 24 hours my order would be cancelled. (did anyone else get this, or have the Poser Gods just taken a dislike to me personally?)

So, I've pre-ordered (I hope), but all in all I can't shake off the sinking feeling that this might turn out to be 'the P5 experience' all over again.

I have to admit that I was also a bit miffed to find that the 82 price quoted for the upgrade suddenly shot up to more than 105 once shipping and taxes were added - and that in another thread people are talking about getting some extra discount voucher because they'd pre-ordered P5. I pre-ordered P5, but I never got no steenking discount voucher. (grump, grouse...)

Oh well... fingers crossed that the darn thing actually works when it eventually appears...

an0malaus ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 5:48 AM

I must admit to being a bit mystified that the Global ordering system won't let you order in US dollars, only Euro & GBP. Being in Australia, there's a much better exchange rate directly from AUD to USD. I cannot see any advantage to CL in forcing people to pay a currency exchange fee to someone else.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

Nevermore ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 5:59 AM

Morphy, the joys of us gettings hammered for VAT. :oD I was a bit miffed by that too, however I was doing a bit of a jig at 0015 that my order was accepted I didn't grumble too much. Now though I think it's a bit off, but at least the base price before VAT is on par with the US prices. The shipping costs I thought was reasonable, it's no more than I've paid for similar things.

dona_ferentes ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 7:22 AM

The shipping costs I thought was reasonable, it's no more than I've paid for similar things. Yes, I'm probably being a bit unreasonable grumping about the additional charges (though I still think shipping is a bit high, if the package will be coming from Europe). To be honest, I'm a more than a bit shocked to realise just how angry I still am about the initial P5 release. I thought I was well and truly over it, but this uninspiring start to the P6 launch seems to have revived a lot of the bad memories. Oh well. Fingers crossed...

Nevermore ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 7:39 AM

The shipping costs are around the same as what I paid for Vue 5, so it's not too bad. I got P5 shortly after the initial release pre SR1, never had any problems, loved it still love it. The hiccup with the ordering process did annoy me, but I was pleased enough with Katherine's (curious_labs) speedy response, sometiems things go wrong with the coding of sites etc. So far I think the launch campaign for P6 is good, it's been enough to get me interested and make me want to pre-order it. I have high hopes for P6, it looks likes it's goin gto have some really neat features.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 12:40 PM

VAT always makes me mad, considering that if you were to buy anything anywhere else in Europe your bound to pay less than you do in the UK. I'm mainly thinking about ciggy's and CD's here. 8) All I'm hoping for is that P6 will be bug free from the start. I didn't have the same problems as folk here who pre ordered P5 but I remember reading all about it and only hope that CL have learnt their lesson. Catlin

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 3:09 PM

If you order goods from elsewhere in the EU, you pay the VAT rate where the supplier is. The Channel Islands and the USA are not in the EU, and you will get hit for import duty and VAT. I know of one US company in the software business that appears to routinely lie about item values on the customs declaration.

dona_ferentes ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 3:18 PM

I'm still wondering if my order has gone through at all... I resupplied the details that they asked for, and requested confirmation that the order was OK now. No reply. So I wrote again. Still no reply. I know this is down to digitalriver.com and not CL directly, but really I don't think I've ever had so much hassle buying anything on the net (and I've bought some pretty weird stuff from some pretty weird parts of the world!) It's incredibly annoying to be left hanging, not knowing if my order has gone through or not. If it hasn't, obviously I'll want to re-order. But I don't want to re-order and find I've bought the thing twice.

Curious_Labs ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 5:40 PM

Hi Morphy, If you did not get an error message - your order is in. If you have other concerns - I know our service departments are inundated with all kind of questions at the moment - so you can certainly IM me here. I believe I have gotten back to all IM's this far but if you have IM'ed me and not received a reply, could you try again? But just again to confirm with you, unless you received any error message and was able to place your order - it is fine. With kind regards, Katherine

dona_ferentes ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 6:41 PM

Thanks, Katherine. I placed the order without problems, and even got my emailed invoice. But about an hour later I got another email saying there was a problem, and that unless I resupplied my name and address, the order would be cancelled in 24 hours. I did so, with a request that they confirm that the order was now good, but I've had no reply. Sorry to be such a moaner, but I kinda feel that if they tell me I need to respond urgently or my order will be cancelled, then it's not unreasonable for me to expect a reasonably prompt reassurance that the problem is fixed (or not). Anyway, thanks for taking an interest! I've IM'ed you the full details. Morph

dona_ferentes ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 4:47 AM

Katherine - many thanks for sorting out this problem. MUCH appreciated! Morph

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 5:57 PM

I just received an email from CL which said the following: "Shortly after we started accepting preorders for Poser 6 Special Edition in our Web Stores earlier this week, some of our customers reported that they experienced difficulty with their serial numbers when trying to preorder Upgrade versions. We have worked diligently with our e-commerce provider to identify and resolve this issue and are happy to report that the problem has been fixed. Curious Labs sincerely apologizes for this inconvenience. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this issue. Our e-commerce partner understands how much we value our customers, and has generously agreed to compensate you for this inconvenience. As a result, ALL Poser 6 Special Edition Upgrade orders completed between February 16 and February 22, 2005 will receive 15% off the upgrade price." Now that has made me ever so happy. 8) Catlin

andy.taylor ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 3:23 AM

I am still getting the same problems unfortunately and I am in the UK :( The VAT makes me mad too, I paid 391.93 for Poser 5 ($700+) the day it came out, then it seemed like it was only a few months later they were selling it for $99 on amazon.

andy.taylor ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 3:33 AM

Ahh... it is fixed, it is just in all the excitement I clicked on the upgrade from poser 4 instead of Poser 5 :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.