Wed, Sep 25, 11:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 6:54 am)

Subject: Question for Mac Users

GreyRandall ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 8:02 AM ยท edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 9:21 AM

Have any of you been able to get D|S to run under Jaguar? I've got 10.2.8 and it keep quitting unexpectedly on me.

JVipond ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 8:19 AM

I normally am able to run DAZ|Studio under Mac OS 10.3, but it doesn't seem to accept the old AllMorph Woman, who apparently is based on a Poser 3 figure. Aside from that, my only concern is having the program run out of memory. You should consider upgrading to the latest version of the operating system.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:10 AM

I get it to run for the most part on my machine with 10.2.8 .. there are a few thigns that glitch on older versions of DAZ and a few things you can't do with Jaquar (3Delight) .. when is it erroring?

GreyRandall ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 12:45 PM

When I start it up. At the dialogue to look for content. If I tell it to search, it searches from / I happen to keep all of my content on a separate volume on my Mac, about 10 GB worth of poses, props, characters, faces and hair Whether I tell it to search or not, as soon as the application itself tries to load, it crashes with the message that it quit "unexpectedly" If you were able to get it to run, even with a few glitches under 10.2.8, I suppose I can try and reinstall jaguar on my Mac. People keep telling me to upgrade to Panther, I'm hesitant to do so, since I'm using a Gossamer G3 (Beige Desktop) with a G4 processor upgrade. I know I can install Panther if I use XPostFacto, but I don't want to shell out the money for a copy of Panther if it will work under Jaguar, and I won't have to risk losing what functionality I do have.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:17 PM

I know it is in the bug database at home but what version od DS is it? I downloaded 9.1.6. yesterday but I haven't tried it yet so maybe that is the cause of your problem. the previous versions I was able to do with some glitches but okay. I will check things out tonight.

GreyRandall ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 7:20 AM

It was 9.1.6 The issue, however, is resolved. My ATI Radeon card was causing this. As soon as it was pulled from my system, Daz Studio worked. I guess I'll have to convince the wife to let me get a new video card, considering the one pulled was the first PCI Radeon card for macs produced.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 9:02 AM

Glad to see it is fixed.

GreyRandall ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 12:34 PM

Further update on the issue with the Radeon Card. Just for S&G, I swapped monitors, making the monitor on the Radeon card the primary, and the monitor on the onboard video the secondary. D|S loaded faster than I've ever seen it load!!! So... if I have the better video card installed, but it is not the active monitor, D|S will quit unexpectedly. I had to do some creative work with a soldering iron, but now my 21 inch Colorsync monitor is now attached to the VGA port on the Radeon card, while the 15" vga monitor is attached to the onboard video via a VGA to Mac converter and all is right in the universe.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.