Mon, Sep 9, 5:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 10:25 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Maine Coon is loose! ... cont. hairy cats....

Tiny ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 9:00 PM · edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 11:09 PM

Hi everybody,

I was able to loose my Maine Coon head morphs. Had some serious fights in the Poser hair room and the room won, me and coon lost.
Fresh reinstall of Poser and coon is alive again. ;o)

Here are some images.
The two head images are showing only the hair guides, no render. Body from side is cat with zero joints. The rest is showing different poses.

Some info for both cats (normal and coon):
The hair is styled with no dynamic effects. There are 46 hair groups. Hair can be styled to some extent even without going to the hair room, using the regular dials. Hair can be made longer or shorter in hair room.
There will be texture MATs for DAZ milcat textures except the RedTabby which is being "held" until my work for the "RedTabby cat project" is done. =oO

I hope you like the coon!

Tiny ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 9:02 PM

file_186955.jpg

With guide hair. Side.

file_186956.jpg

With guide hair. Front.

file_186958.jpg

With zeroed joints.

Tiny ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 9:03 PM

file_186960.jpg

Play 1.

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 9:04 PM

He is looking very good. At last, a fluffy cat. :)

Tiny ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 9:04 PM

file_186962.jpg

Play 2.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 10:16 PM

Beautiful kitty. i love that furry look and that black kitty is adorable. Do they have the snowshoe paws too?

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

MidnightStorm ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:14 PM

Awwww, looking beautiful so far..... :) I love furry cats....We had a Maine Coon and they are really beautiful cats..... Great job!!

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 12:39 AM

Make it solid black, and that last render would look almost exactly like my real-world cat.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

elizabyte ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 5:32 AM

That face is great. I had a Maine Coon who was all yellow-orange, and thought he was a lion. Well, he DID have a mane... :-) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Nouschka ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:25 AM

I love cats, want to see more!!!!!

Caly ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:49 AM

they look lovely!

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 2:38 PM

Tiny, your work on this project is awesome!!!

umutov ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 5:43 PM

P5 Hair Room Wars. I can understand your endless battle. Creating a little bit of human hair is hard enough and what you have done is, really pushing the limits of that battle room. Very welldone.

sandoppe ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 5:48 PM

Excellent!!! I have Persians....very furry :) Your morphs would work for them very easily. Just one question: How long does it take to render?!! :)

Tiny ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:03 PM

sandoppe >>How long does it take to render?<<

Poser5 Firefly render settings:
Pixels samples 8
Bucket size 20
Displacements maps, checked
Raytrace on
No shadows
Render time:
Main 'puter 3 minutes
P4 3Ghz, 2Gb ram

Second 'puter 1.3 Ghz 1.24 Gb ram, 7 minutes.

I know why there was problems. Poser creates a new obj file with the hair settings. When I changes the path in the cr2 to point at MilCat obj file, the hairs got all confused.
Logic of course. :oP

sandoppe ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:39 PM

Not bad rendering times Tiny. I have something comparable to your "second puter" :)

stonemason ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:06 PM

file_186964.jpg

my cat's wondering what all the fuss is about :) nice to see some advanced features being used Tiny,well done! Stefan

Cg Society Portfolio

sandoppe ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:18 PM

Looks like we need some "rinkle morphs" for your kitty Stefan! :)

Tiny ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:58 PM

Yes! And some hair of course! ;o)
Get that pretty little thing over here and I'll set him up for a nice coat for the winter. :o)

Besides that, at the moment I wish I never entered that hair room.
Poser creates obj files with the hair reference and figure. I can't set the path for the cr2 file to DAZ MilCat.obj because then the cr2 don't get the hair data. And I can't release the Fuzzy cat together with DAZ MilCat.obj file!
So what is an old lady to do? I can't find any information because very few has worked with the hair room (as far as I know).

So, I need lots of pats on the back, encouragements and most of all - solutions!

sits down in a corner sobbing

jcbwms ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 9:09 PM

Save it as a prop into the hair room, selecting only the hair parts.

sandoppe ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 9:27 PM

I've never used the hair room much, so I have not useful advise I can give you. Are you saying that when you apply the hair to the Mil cat and save it as a .cr2, an entirely new mil cat .obj file is created??? It sounds like it creates a "skull cap" for the entire cat and uses that to generate the hair? Can you save it as an .hrz file?

Tiny ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 9:45 PM

It sounds like it creates a "skull cap" <<
Hmmm... could that be it!? I have opened the .obj file with text editor but can't sort out what is what.
Would be great if it was.

jcbwms, I have tried saving it as a hair file but I couldn't make it work. Maybe because there are so many body parts and hairgroups.

I have posted over at the Poser forum too. Hopefully there are some gurus just waiting for problems like this. ;o)

Singular3D ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 9:58 AM

sounds interesting, bookmark

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 11:01 PM

Have you tried saving the hair groups as props instead of hair files?

I think the Library generates a new object file because you've grown the hair directly from the cat's body parts, rather than a skullcap prop or something, and therefore have used the grouping tool on the figure geometry at some point.

It did the same thing to me when I was experimenting earlier with dynamic hair on Furrette's tail. But the hair-prop geometry was also saved internally within the CR2. After editing the figureResFile lines to point to Furrette's original geometry, and deleting the hairCacheFile lines, it still seemed to work fine.

I hope this information helps.

Tiny ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 5:54 AM · edited Thu, 03 March 2005 at 5:57 AM

file_186965.jpg

Here is a Lion wannabe. :o)

Things are looking good!
No more exploding hair and stable in general.
A few more tests with the 'dynamic' part of it. Must have it act properly when calculating dynamics in animations.
More information about the cat at DAZ forum HERE.

Message edited on: 03/03/2005 05:57

Tiny ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 6:18 PM

file_186966.jpg

Here is the new "non exploding" Maine coon. Is he acceptable as a Maine coon?

I have an animation of him running but it is too big to post here. You can see it HERE

Tiny ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2005 at 4:30 PM

file_186968.jpg

Cat is done! And is sent off to eventual release.

Wow, I am exhausted! :oP

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2005 at 8:17 PM

This is soooo beautiful. I hope I can squeeze out enough to purchase it. Great work!!!

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

jaybutton ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2005 at 9:01 PM

Congratulations, Tiny! Where will it be available? :) Jay

Tiny ( ) posted Thu, 10 March 2005 at 5:18 AM

I have sent it off to DAZ.
If they don't want it or if it is an impossible product for them I'll send it somewhere else or set up my own site for it. It will be "out" one way or the other. :o)

Tiny ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 3:05 PM

Cat is finally out! Yeeaaah! At DAZ and with 20% introduction sale. :o)

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 3:12 PM

It looks wonderful. I can't wait to take it out and play with it. I hope your next project is little furry dogs. :) But that would be sooooo greedy. Thank you for making the long haired cat a reality!

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 3:24 PM

file_186971.jpg

Mum! can I have one too ?

Tiny ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 3:26 PM

Thank you dialyn for the good words. :o) I must admit there where times I thought it would never be out. There was so much to solve and strange things happening. But it is very stable now. ::wispers to dialyn - have started a little with the P4 dog as practice::

Tiny ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 3:28 PM

Oh nruddock, that is big cute alert! :o)

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 3:29 PM

Tiny: ooooooh, I won't tell. :D nruddock: cute!! I had a cat that greatly resembled that one. Oh, I wonder if they would notice if I snuck away early from work. Want to play with kitty.

Tiny ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 4:41 PM

I want to mention also that this cat would have stayed on my computer if nruddock hadn't saved it. He did some genious scripting so it finally worked properly.

::me sends big hug to nruddock::

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 4:52 PM

Just glad I could help. :)

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 4:57 PM

Thanks to both of you. The kitties are a purrfectly wonderful addition to the litter. :)

sandoppe ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 5:37 PM

Hot dog!!! Or maybe I should say "Hot cat!!!". I'm on my way to get it!! Thanks Tiny for your perseverance :)

elizabyte ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 4:47 AM

I just bought this package. Haven't had a chance to play with it, yet. It'll be my first attempt at using dynamic hair, but I found the tutorial/readme information very helpful and clear. Any chance you might do this for the Millenium Big Cat? A lion with a proper mane would be really great... ;-) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Tiny ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 7:11 AM

Yes, I have been thinking of doing the big cat also. Don't own the big cat yet, but will get it eventually.
Can you tell me if the mane on the lion male can be hidden as with the horse mane?
On the P4 lion the mane/neck is one piece which makes it almost imossible to "hairify".

I enjoy the "hair work" very much, so I am sure there will be more animals done after this one. Just have so much other work to do first.

Caly ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 7:18 AM

Just lovely. I vote for the Big Cat too as well as the Millenium Dog & horse. :)

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 10:55 AM

Tiny, I'm in the process of doing some test renders ... I just wanted to pop in on this thread and tell you how absolutely brilliant this kitty is. I can only imagine the time you spent making and testing all of those hair groups, and then figuring out how you could distribute it. In any case, your efforts were totally worth it. This is, beyond a doubt, one of the most amazing products that has ever come out for Poser. It is a landmark product that I'm sure many will point to as being one of the best Poser products ever made. I mean that very sincerely. Bravo!

Tiny ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 2:50 PM

Thank you very much Deecey for the good words.

:blushing:

I had good help from the community every time I got stuck. Could never have done it to finished product by myself. :o)

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 5:54 PM

As promised here is a picture tutorial (part 1) on styling dynamic hair. In the example I use the Furred cat (of course) but any dynamic hair will work. There will be another tutorial on the looks of the hair, curly straight etc. How to get natural color and the secrets of the width and amount of strand. Anything I've missed? Just tell me. :o) Tutorial here

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2006 at 7:53 AM

Attached Link: http://www.mystable.net/Tuts/

We've had a domain name change. Here is link for the tutorial. Thanks nruddock for pointing this out in the Poser forum. :o)

Sorry everybody that I haven't done any more tutorials. Or furred animals. :o(
I have been quite ill back and forth for the last 3 years. Finally, last month, a knowledgable (is there a word like that?) doctor gave me the diagnose CFS/ME, which explains well why I haven't had any energy. I have recieved some medicine to help me sleep so I can get better again with time. :o)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.