Thu, Sep 19, 10:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:52 pm)

Subject: Ok, I need help

tabithakristen ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 8:21 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:46 PM

I desperately want to learn how to use P5. I don't have experience in this kind of thing but I learn fast. Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial that will take me from the very beginning, to the end result? I see all these very realistic pictures and I just don't get it at all =( Thanks!

zippyozzy ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 8:55 PM

Alot of people do post work as well as use the programs. Doc Geep may have some for P5 if you look through the tuts on here?? ;)

tabithakristen ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 8:59 PM

I looked but I can't find something that gets me all the way through. I've been messing with it for a few days now and I just don't get it. I've tried downloading textures and such and it gets me nowhere. I've painted hair and stuff before so I know how to do that part in photoshop. I just don't get the whole realism part

Qualien ( ) posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 9:08 PM

Sounds like you don't have a lot of experience with 3D? I know and use and love PShop, but Poser is a whole different creature. Be patient. Poser is a version 5 (soon to be 6) piece of software, and such later versions are very hard to break into. My humble advice, Take your time. Do the easy things first. Download some stuff from Rosity free stuff. Do some posing. "Realism" may have to wait. Poser is a lot of FUN and worth the work, after you take the time, but it does take time. But it is FUN!!!

zippyozzy ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 12:53 AM

I've seen a lot of images where they touch it up in different 3D Programs or photoshop or even paintshop pro. To get that look, lots of people use photoshop filters for the finish.

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 9:01 AM

You don't always need realism, it depends on what you are trying to achieve! Don't worry about what the rest of us do or don't do. Do, and make the art YOU want to do! You won't get any tute that shows you "beginning to end" because the software is so vast and capable of so many variations, you'd need more than one life time to do "everything" with it and when Poser 6 comes soon, well 'nuff said!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

queri ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 3:37 PM

Attached Link: http://poserpros.daz3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6969

First thing to ask-- are you working with the figures that came with Poser 5--Don and Judy etc? Or did you buy any Daz figures like Vicki 3 and Mike 3? Most of the very realistic figures you may be looking at in the galleries may be from higher poly Daz figures which cost a bit more-- though the base figures are now free and if you don't mind the standard faces you can use free textures on them. PoserPros has an excellent tutorial on how to apply Vicki2-- not Vicki3--textures to Judy. You can still find Vicki2 textures in our freestuff or Rdna freestuff. This is the link http://poserpros.daz3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6969 I also put it up on the clickable link. It is a sticky in the Poser 5 tips and tricks forum which is an excellent source. This should take you further toward realism. Emily

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.