Fri, Sep 20, 4:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Rough Edges on Final Image and Transparency Question

novelist999 ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 2:24 AM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 4:39 AM

I just got Poser 5, and over the past couple of days I've grown, but I have a couple of questions. One problem, after I render and save my image, it's coming out with very choppy edges, even though I used the "antialias" function before I rendered the image. Is there a way to make the final image smoother? Also, is there a way to save it with a transparent background? Thanks, novelist999

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 2:33 AM

unles I am wrong, the "anti-alias" feature in Poser5 is only available with the Poser4 render engine. The FireFly engine gets rid of choppy edges thru other controls such as MinShader Rate. If you use FireFly, your image WILL be choppy in draft...you've got to turn on "production" to get hi-res. It's a very good idea to "render to another window" and then when you save, save to TIFF or PNG to get an 'alpha channel" which means when you open the image in a 2D graphics package, the background can be dropped away. That's pretty quick and dirty, others may elaborate. ::::: Opera :::::

novelist999 ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 2:50 AM

Thanks, Opera. I tried the alpha channel, and it worked perfectly. Next, I'll try FireFly. :-)

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 6:09 AM

The antialias function in the render menu works on the document window only. To antialias final renders (using P4 renderer), set antialias in the render options before rendering. I think I typed "render" too many times. Have to lie down now, head spinning... :)

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 1:08 PM

The equivalent to AA in P5 is Pixels Samples. Increasing them provides a cleaner result at the expense of more rendertime.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 1:10 PM

Attached Link: http://www.keindesign.de/stefan/poser/renderer.html

See the link for more info on what the parameters in P5 Firefly are typically used for.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.