Thu, Sep 19, 8:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Dragon horde

Samhain74 ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 8:25 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 9:33 PM

Greeting ladies and gentlemen, I have a question regarding models and such.I am looking for a model of a dragon horde.Pile of coins and treasure and stuff.I know it is highly unlikely that one exists out there.But i have to have one and my modeling skills are absolulty non-existant.I have an image in my mind that is stuck there drastically and i cannot get it out.And i do not have the time to smash about 6-7 million cylinders to make a pile of coins.If anyone knows where to find a model or knows where i can sweet talk someone into building one for me it would be very much appreciated.Thanks in advance for the help.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 8:54 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1226

DAZ have a coin pile, as part of this set

las_61 ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 8:54 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com

Daz has a Dragon Hoard and sacrifcial Altar set. product code ps_ac411

Samhain74 ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 10:00 AM

Hey,thanks for the links guys.Big help

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 10:47 PM

Is this for a The hobbit render?

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 10:53 PM

How many dragons in a horde? ;^)

Samhain74 ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 6:51 AM

Im not sure what you mean by a "the hobbit render" xantor? But it is for personal use.I just have a scene set up in my mind and i cant get it out unless i have a HUGE pile of gold.Large enough to accomidate the Mil Dragon.And hauksdottir,that was some funny stuff,but i think dragons come in gaggles or something to that effect :D And i checked the DAZ horde and it is very cheesy indeed.I wanted more 3d.Guess i gota go buy 3dstudio max and take a crash course to get what i want WAAAHHHH! Thanks for the interest in my plight.

cooler ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 7:15 AM

file_188074.jpg

Samhain74, I have a coin stack & coin pile in my freebies at 3d Commune

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 7:35 AM

Dragons hoard treasure of all sorts: gold preferred, but tapestries, jewelry, boxes, fancy engraved armor, pearls and glittering gems, and the traditional goblet or wine cup or beaker sitting right where a thief can readily nab it and where the dragon will notice so that he doesn't have to count the entire hoard again just to discover that it is 2 shillings short. Magical harps and such can sometimes be found in these lairs. Basically, if it sparkles, in it goes. If warriors have entered before, a few bits of armor, broken spears, and a skull or two add the right ambiance. Some dragons might decorate their entryhalls appropriately so as to not be bothered by small nuisances. (An undisturbed nap is a treasure of another sort.) In free stuff you can find: books, goblets, crowns, jewels, coins/money, treasure chests, and the set of bagpipes played by the last person to disturb a dragon's slumber. You just need to search on all the possible keywords. ;) Carolly

Samhain74 ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 8:09 AM

Im gonna add all the fun stuff myself.Got big plans if i can ever find the blasted Pile of coins.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 9:50 AM

I thought that it might be a render from the hobbit. In the hobbit is a dragon called smaug that has a horde of treasure.

Samhain74 ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 4:51 PM

Oh ok xantor,I remember now.No thought aqbout it though.Maybe a hobbit render one day.but not for this one.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 8:15 PM

...and in Beowulf there is a dragon slumbering over a hoard, only to have a thief enter unseen and pilfer a cup to take back and win approval. (Sound familiar?) In Volsunga Saga, there is a dragon called Fafnir who guards a hoard, too. These are the three great dragons of western literature. Carolly

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 8:17 PM

Dragons hoard treasure of all sorts: gold preferred, but tapestries, jewelry, boxes, fancy engraved armor, pearls and glittering gems ...

... DVDs, swords (yes, I know, it makes about as much sense as a vampire collecting holy symbols, but I like mementos of my life-or-death encounters ... plus every sword I tuck away is one less in the hands of a potential enemy), and until recently comic books.

My mother used to collect Beanie Babies. I didn't find that cartoon in Dragon Magazine at all amusing ....

CrystalDragon ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 10:27 PM

Weapons of any kind are a boon (especially if they are not sticking out of you). I'll second the DVDs. Software is also worth quite a bit these days (see adobe products). But my personal favorite these days are video cards. I have quite a collection of ATI X850XTs as well as NVIDIA 6800 Ultras. Not quite as soft as a pile of gold coins, mind you, but the overall effect is much more interesting...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.