Thu, Oct 24, 9:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Just me?

Erlik ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 5:16 PM · edited Thu, 24 October 2024 at 9:22 PM

file_187942.jpg

Well, Garyandcatherine's "Castaway" in Bryce Hot 20 is whacked. Judging by the comments, nobody else has that problem. But I doubt the problem is in my browser, as I force refreshed it a couple of times, so something must have happened to this one on the server. Li-An's "Ambushed" is completely red in the lower half, too.

-- erlik

scoleman123 ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 6:03 PM

unless it was fixed, its just you

facebook.com/scoleman123

IndigoSplash ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 6:03 PM

I just checked and it looks normal to me, not like what you see. (I'm using Firefox.)

Erlik ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 6:29 PM

Nope, still the same for me, although everything was freshly loaded. Of about ten pics in Hot 20 I opened, only those two were affected.

-- erlik

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 8:49 PM
Online Now!

I use Firefox and didn't find any of these problems, that is until earlier today. Went to look at one of Primaltruck's images and though the image was all right there was no text anywhere on the page. Refershed several times and stll the same. Now tonight all is normal. I don't think the glitch is browser related or here on Renderosity, it's Internet related somehow.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 8:57 PM
Online Now!

Spoke too soon...sigh. okay, used Firefox and now Primal's page has an image but no text for comments or otherwise. Yet under the thumbnail it says he has several comments and rankings. so I closed Firefox and am now using MSN IE. Same thing, no text at all. It is not browser related.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Cybermonk ( ) posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 10:43 PM

I get this problem pretty regular lately but only on renderosity.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination".

Albert Einstein

blaufeld ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 12:49 AM

Just checked for the sake of it... No prob with any of the images...

Erlik ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 6:12 AM

Interestingly, no problems with Opera 8, as opposed to 7.54u1 I have at home.

-- erlik

JVRenderer ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 1:19 PM

I've been having problems getting into the galleries, forums. I have to refresh the pages a few times. I am using Mozilla 1.7

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 1:51 PM

If you get strange things happening try to do a trace route for the website and check for any long delays between segments. Then try ping and note those results. These tests check your route to the site without requiring a high server workload. You need to know your systems settings for wait times and retry counts. If you get session sql errors its a server problem (most likely) Try a save page from the browser. Then display it from the saved copy, that will show if the data is corrupted or if the browser is misinterpreting it.

Erlik ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 3:02 PM

It appears there was something with the browser itself. Opened a post in Bryce forum, the picture was corrupted like the one above. Downloaded the 7.54u2 upgrade, installed and the same image displayed correctly. No problems with the one in Hot 20 either. Which is weird, since JPEG support is something well coded into any browser from the beginning. Ah, well...

-- erlik

pokeydots ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 9:41 PM

All the pics I uploaded in the last few days are doing this too!, I use IE, but I never have had a problem before. I've checked for viruses, and cleared cache and cookies, tried rebooting, and my images still do this :( The weird thing is I can post the same pics elsewhere and they show up fine.

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

pokeydots ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 9:48 PM

file_187945.jpg

Trying a pic again

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

pokeydots ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 9:49 PM

Now can anyone see the lines in this pic?

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

Erlik ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 1:39 AM

Yeah.

-- erlik

pokeydots ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 3:02 AM

hmmm now I came back and its ok? go figure! lol

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

Erlik ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 12:02 PM

Nope, it's not ok. Still the same corruption.

-- erlik

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 12:03 PM

Looks fine to me ...Win XP Pro and IE. FYI, Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Momcat ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 12:19 PM

I'm having a somewhat different, but perhaps related, problem. I'm using Firefox, and not every time, but more often than not, All I get is the page code on my preferred BG color, unformatted, so it scrolls on forver. I'll hit refresh, and sometimes that does the trick, other times I still get code, but now it's formatted to fit the page X_X; Hitting refresh one or 2 more times will fix it, but having to do this for almost every page gets rather tedious, rather quickly. Renderosity is the ONLY site this occurs on.

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 2:56 PM

We are currently looking into this. FYI, Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Erlik ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 3:07 PM

At the moment it looks fine to me, too. :D

-- erlik

pokeydots ( ) posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 3:45 PM

lo its messed up for me again! Glad your looking into the problem Clint :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

DarkElegance ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 3:04 PM

ok I was just about to make a thread about a similar problem I was having. I thought it was something Rendo started to keep theives at bay. some pictures have that "slice" cut through them and then slightly displaced. not all pics just some in varied spots. I simply thought it was a new way to "watermark and protect" rendos artists. lol. I am glad i read this thread. the last one I noted for me that was doing it was one of progs. it had a slice section like that slightly displaced and in pink compared to the rest of the pic. how odd and this has been happening for me for...mm I guess two weeks now. I run spy sweeper and avg every night and I also am runing zone alarm pro..I do not have viruses either. so.....O.o

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission Closed till 2025

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 3:40 PM

well they must have fixed the problem, or I'm just lucky for now, everything is working ok again for me :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

Erlik ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 3:57 PM

Well, no. Now it's corrupted for me. We are exchanging experiences... :-)))

-- erlik

efer ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 4:23 PM

You are not the only one. I'm having the same problem (only with Renderosity) with both IE6 and Firefox. Check this thrread I started: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2128108 Eddie

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 9:19 PM

ME TOO! I posted a thread on how my hubby and I traced it to my yahoo being open (to visit FAV artist's links) and yahoo's agressive anti spam something... but if you all are NOT using yahoo (I did not get around to setting up a new private e mail address to test my theory)... then....what the heck is it?? My thread on this is: Yahoo is messing up my image viewing here...anyone else? Sorry I don't know how to put a link without my own sign on thingy... Okay.. I read in my own post about the post in the Fractal Gallery with examples... hmmmm I am going to do another test... I am going to have yahoo open, and go to another web site gallery altogether... and see if it happens to those images... Good to know that the programmers here are on it though!! I just started to visit my Fav's again today and it is happening right off the bat. :(

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 9:35 PM

SORRY THE LIMIT IS UP AND I CAN'T EDIT MY OWN POST?? huh? is there a time limit to edit a post? I was only "gone" about 10 minutes to do my testing as follows: Okay, I did a couple of things... I left yahoo open and went to another gallery and visited many images.. no problems.. then I did another test...I took a link from my own store gallery site, sent it to my yahoo, and went from there to the image... no problem... Then I closed all my browsers (which dumps files) and went back to my yahoo...and started to visit my Fav's here again... went okay until I got to the 5th image... it was corrupted... So I copied the image link... closed all my browsers.. opened rosity..and pasted...and went to the image again.. and it was FINE! I just don't get it... I have the same firewalls, and anti virus and anti spyware as always.... Could rosity be getting over loaded with viewers and not have enough bandwidth to show images properly? Don't think so, as this happens all hours of the day and night... ?

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 9:43 PM

Okay... now NO image on a page??? Others see it- there are comments and it is a current new image! :( I have visited 3 images with success when this happened...

DarkElegance ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 12:32 PM

ok for me it ONLY happens at Rendo even if it is the only page open. I use IE6. have dumped cookies, etc all that great wonderful stuff. it doesnt happen on ALL pictures. I am using broadband. win2k.

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission Closed till 2025

kasalin ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 1:13 PM

Hi, have jsut posed a new question relating to this theme !! Haven't seen that there is already opened such a theme !! Have the same problem you have. Sometimes in the last few weeks (not before) some pics are a bit "corrupted" !! And only in Rero does this prob exist - have no problems with my graphics or computer !! What can we do ??? Does anyone know something ?? Thanks Greetings karin

scoleman123 ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 9:46 PM

running fire fox on Win 2K. no errors or image sliceing probly just you all

facebook.com/scoleman123

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2005 at 4:51 PM

if you get an image corruption try running trace route and see what the delays are. It is also useful to save the page and display it again from the hard drive. You might also check if there is an option to trap icmp messages to see if you are getting error messages.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 1:03 PM

Both okay on the latest Safari and MacOSX. I never have any image problems that I can remember under this setup.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.