Sat, Sep 21, 4:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Posted a question in Amapi forum about A7 that came w/ Carrara 4

dave3 ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 3:16 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:12 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12399&Form.ShowMessage=2121228

Since the Amapi forum seems kind of quiet, I was hoping someone here might be able to help me out. Thanks!

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 6:27 AM

file_185273.jpg

Hello Dave, I'm using AmapiPro and found those options there under the import/export section in the preferences. I have to think that A7 has the same category. (I've been known to read right over what I'm looking for more than once ;) ) Mark

dave3 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:56 PM

Thanks for the reply -- that's what I found as well. However, no scaling seems to occur when I type a number in the export scale factor box. In A6, I had no trouble with this; type the number, scaling happens. I thought maybe there was something else I had to have turned on or disabled to make the scaling happen -- and also, this is just labeled EXPORT scale factor, which makes me wonder about IMPORT scale factor. I'm finding this program to be very difficult. I could work so easily in A6, but this version seems to fight me at every step! Any further help would be appreciated...

Tunesy ( ) posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 12:48 AM

I've tried export scaling many times in A7 and haven't gotten it to work so far. I hope we're just doing something wrong.

dave3 ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 2:30 PM

Well THAT'S reassuring! ;-) Thanks for letting me know -- at least I don't feel like a complete idiot now...

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 10:36 PM

Amapi tends to ignore numbers that you type. It prefers that you click on the arrows to make changes to most values.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Tunesy ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 10:45 PM

Cool. Thanks for the info, shonner. Amapi's been driving me crazy whenever I have to enter a negative value for something. That strikes me as a pretty significant little bug. I hope they fix it.

dave3 ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 6:32 PM

Great -- I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.