Thu, Sep 19, 6:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:12 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: The Hot 20

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 5:05 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:43 PM

I have been doing this Renderosity posting images thing now for about 8 months now and I just learned what the Hot 20 is. I thought to myself, hmm I wonder if I was ever in the Hot 20 without knowing it. Probably not but I am now watching to see what happens. In fact the other day I made an image specifically trying to get into the Hot 20. I usually post my Vue renders in the Poser gallery since the nucleus of my projects is Poser and my renders always feature a Poser figure as the most important subject.

Now I realize I stand a better chance at the Hot 20 by posting in the Vue gallery since there are far fewer posts on average. Now, I am not a competitive person at all, however, setting out to specifically make a competitive image somehow resulted in probably the best render I have ever done. In fact on another forum, I have garnered 30 plus comments with only 300 or so hits, which is by far the most I have ever gotten for an image. I can always get over 1000 hits because my subject matter typically appeals to the mad clicker types who sweep through the galleries looking for nude female images. What I am looking for however, is a high proportion of comments to hits. I figure if one only gets 30 hits and 20 comments that is an amazing ratio. It is easy to get 1000 hits and 0 or a few comments. In fact there was once a very good artist who was going to stop posting because he was not getting the attention he felt he deserved. I did an analysis of his entire gallery comparing it to mine. He had few hits but 1 in every 8 people left positive comments on his images compared to my gallery with many hits and only 1 comment per 100 or so. He was very encouraged by this approach to success and is still posting today.

Anyhow I am now checking every day to see if I made the Vue Hot 20 since I have no life outside my computer. Tell you what, every time I go look to see if I am there I see another Vue render that is just absolutely gorgeous, way beyond my current capabilities, and that I otherwise might have missed. In conclusion, The hot 20 inspired the best render I have ever done, and I am seeing some truly fantastic works I might have otherwise missed due to the tremendous volume of material being posted. I dont really care if I am never in any Hot 20, not really an issue. Besides, if I limit the gallery filter to Vue and Pin Ups then click on the best rankings, I am all over it man!!! Big fish in a small pond Thanks to everyone, having a really good time.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 12:11 PM

You might want to do a search for the 5,000 or so other threads concerning this subject (the Hot20). Personally, I never visit the Hot20, so I don't know what's in there.

At 8 months, you are relatively new. Welcome.

Something To Do At 3:00AMย 

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 1:27 PM

We are working on creating the end all, be all thread for the Hot20 discussion, at least for how it is set up and works. Stay tunned...

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Argon18 ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 3:25 PM

I seriously doubt we'll ever hear the end of complaints about the Hot20 since however it is set up, invariably someone isn't going to like it. The best that can probably be done is improvements and that might satisfy a greater number of people

Click to get a printed and bound copy plus T-shirts, mugs and hats

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 5:40 PM ยท edited Fri, 25 February 2005 at 5:42 PM

Yes, a lot of comments have been made on the Hot 20.
I like to view what made it there. I've never been close to making it but I don't mind. If I get better, then maybe I will and if I don't, so what.
I have a few friends who are there often. And, no, I don't vote on their images just because they comment on mine. I've voted for several that never once commented on mine.
Why?
Because they did some truly beautiful work and deservered it.
Some think it's only nudes that get voted on but one week not one nude made it to the hot 20.
Hmmm, why do you think that was?
Maybe sometimes we just like one thing and other times we like something else.
Who knows?
Often I like to visit the other galleries and their hot 20. I find beautiful work everywhere.
Diversity, isn't it? :)
Ummm, this is supposed to read..."Diversity is wonderful, isn't it?"

Message edited on: 02/25/2005 17:42

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
ย  ย  ย BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 6:06 PM

Well said BluEcho

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 9:01 PM

i was there a few times its no biggy really the longer you are here then you will see your image there fab ppl come and go some times you see them every day in the 20 with more then two imges its not really what you do as much as who you know with fab ppl and some ppl that are there really earned it there like i sed fab ppl come and go

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

Poppi ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 10:59 AM

i've made it a couple of times in both the poser and lightwave gallery. but, now i notice in the poser gallery the same group of people pretty much are the same ones who comment, vote, and make it these days. if you read the comments you will find the same names over and over on each one. that kind of makes it less attractive, to me, to be in it. i guess most of the folks don't bother to vote (i no longer do)so a group has basically taken it over. a shame. it's not as diverse as it once was. i've seen enough of vicki's boobs to last me several lifetimes.

striving ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 11:22 AM

"i've seen enough of vicki's boobs to last me several lifetimes." ROFL :-D

ShadowWind ( ) posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 11:32 PM

I've been in a five or six genres of the Hot20, including two family oriented character portraits in Poser's. A lot more people get to see your pictures if you are in the Hot20. I consider it an honor that people take the time to vote for mine, but I don't have the false impression that my work is better than the artists that don't make it. People do tend to build up a fan club and in that case, the people do honestly like the work they are voting on, but it takes an unknown artist time to get known. I don't do pictures though to be in the Hot20. If I get in, great, if not, no biggie. Just go onto the next.

Poppi ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 11:25 AM ยท edited Sun, 27 February 2005 at 11:26 AM

but it takes an unknown artist time to get known.

NO...back in the old days when it was hits only, my very first render that i uploaded here hit the hot 20. (AND, i didn't have any friends voting for it.) AND, the nobody in the picture was naked. :*)

Message edited on: 02/27/2005 11:26

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 11:37 AM

Well as of this morning the image I made specifically to see if I could get into the hot 20 has done so. Now I am going to try to see what happens to the number of hits and or comments now that it is there and presumably might be getting more exposure. By the way, I take all of this very lightly, I am loving using my comptuer in this way and I am quite sure I would not be doing it nearly as much or with as much joy and enthusiasm if it were not for the ability to post the images in the galleries. That is such a wonderful process and gift. This hot 20 thing is just an interesting aspect of a truly fantastic process. Loving every minute, thanks everyone.

ShadowWind ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 6:04 PM

I was one of the ones that was for abolishing it based on hits back then. Hits are not an indicator of quality. If you put a boob in the thumbnail, you are bound to get more hits than the most amazing render in the world, because we all know that it is this kind of art that gets the most play here. That's not a bad thing as that is how the audience views the gallery, but it is the truth. If you managed to get in there without it Poppi, kudos to you, but I'm sure a majority didn't, otherwise it wouldn't have been necessary to change it. As I remember the lynch mob was quite happy. Again the solution to this is simple. Just make time limits on the Most Viewed, Most Commented, Most Rated and then people can use whatever "Hot20" they want, then everybody is happy.

ScottA ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 6:15 PM

Where is the Hot 20? I can't even find it.

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 6:19 PM

I know it took me months to realize where it is. If you go the main gallery page and select an individual gallery like poser or vue then leave the other seleciton box on all and make it go. Then on the right at the top will be a link to that particular gallery's hot 20.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 12:56 PM

Yeah, it's diffuclty to find might be remedied too. We over at the Photography Gallery had a discussion about it recently. If you are interested, I suggest visiting that link by clicking: HERE

I'd love to have it working--not to get my images in, but so I have a quick way of seeing the latest quality work. While I'd love to spend my time perusing the galleries and leaving comments everywhere, I just have time to do it all. The Hot20 should be a way for me to see what is good, quickly. That's my take on it anyway. Thanks for your time.

--Kort

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 9:27 PM

Anybody seen any Pink Ponies lately? Damn Pink Pony is never around when you need him.

criticalmass ( ) posted Sat, 05 March 2005 at 6:15 AM

Is that anything like a pink elephant? Special drink? Maybe another kind of high or drug effect? Sounds pretty scary. Why is the color association with inebriation always pink? Why always animals? I got a little tipsy once, saw many beautiful blue naked women. Think I might have been browsing the poser gallery here while sipping a bottle of Drambuie. Seeing pink ponies would have made me throw out my Drambuie or change it over to Pepto Bismol.

3-DArena ( ) posted Sun, 06 March 2005 at 2:18 PM

I saw it spirit - ran screaming through the galleries with a rainbow trail

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Argon18 ( ) posted Sun, 06 March 2005 at 2:23 PM

Actually most ppl were so distracted by the NVIATWAS riding it that they didn't even think of the Pink Pony

Click to get a printed and bound copy plus T-shirts, mugs and hats

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.