Thu, Sep 19, 6:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: Trying to understand - Please post your opinion

2be ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 12:18 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:20 PM

Which king of persons use poser program ? - Are there more women or men ? - I see a lot of images with females. Why males are not as popular as female ones ? - Is there a particular market for each kind of characters (male/female) ? - Who are the main buyers of female characters ? - Who are the main buyers of male characters ? I just want to understand the market since I am working on a research. Thank you for your help.

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 12:30 PM

I take it you mean "which KIND of persons". You're question is too broad and with a membership in excess of 200,000 you're going to find it difficult to answer any of your questions. Maybe the sites admin. could help you but I doubt it as not everyone uses a "name" that could be tied down to "male" or "female" or gives as much information on their bio to enable you to make a guess. Sorry to put a downer on it but IMHO you're not going to get anywhere with these questions!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Aeneas ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 12:42 PM
  • Are there more women or men ? No one ever counted them, but some of the best are women - I see a lot of images with females. Why males are not as popular as female ones ? Because also in tradart women mainly use female models. Women identify with the model, men with the guy who woos her. - Is there a particular market for each kind of characters (male/female) ? Not that I know of. - Who are the main buyers of female characters ? I am not "main" and will never be, yet I bought some skins and characters. But I always modify everything to suit my own tastes. - Who are the main buyers of male characters ? See previous.

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

wertu ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 1:02 PM

Based on images and profiles people have posted of themselves that I have seen I would say the following are the major "kinds" of people using Poser as I percieve it: 10% 20-39 year old female graphic designers (or student or IT person) 25% 20-49 year old male graphic designers or IT persons or musicions 30% 40+ Female persons of whom I have no impression of their employement carreer... my guess is every different kind of job, buisness manager, accountant, homemaker, retail, office manager, etc.) 30% 50+ Retired or close to retirement male egineers (and similar technical careers: System Administrators etc.) 5% miscelanious such asold ex-hippy leather vest motercycle type dudes on workers comp... a variety of working trades such as pulbers, electritions, roofers, college tech professors, etc Based on correspondances with people I would say I get the impression that perhaps as many as 15% (maybe more) are partially physically disabled. 10% suffering from metal disability such as Major Depression. Very many countries are reflected in my correspondances with people, France, Itally, Russia, Portegul, Spain, Greece, Germany, etc etc etc. Purchasing seems to have no demegraphic that I can tell male female, age or career as far as I can tel from people discussing what they have bought (except designers buying more "merchat resources"). The only thing I have noticed is that the employedd people buy A LOT of stuff and the people with limited incomes (disablity and students mainly) choose purchases carefully and sparingly. Now please don't flame me! 2be asked a question and I am giving my IMPRESSION no warrenty implied. Please do not be insulted if I have said something you do not like. The offense is unintentional completely.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 1:56 PM ยท edited Sun, 27 February 2005 at 1:58 PM

I don't know the answers to your questions, but marketing is usually geared toward the 18-34 yr-old male demographic.

Message edited on: 02/27/2005 13:58

Niles ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 3:26 PM

"10% suffering from metal disability such as Major Depression"... I think your a little low on this one.

:)

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 3:38 PM

hmm.. IT guy/musician..;) guilty as charged..;) it's not all 14-year-old boys rendering with one hand..;) mainly people who like to do art as a hobby, or a profession..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

zippyozzy ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 3:59 PM

welp, don't let my screen name fool you, I am a adult female in my 40's no less, that uses Poser. ;)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 7:57 PM

54-year-old technical woman. ;^) I never liked or collected dolls as a kid, so it isn't the dolly-dress-up which appeals to me. As a professional artist, the ability to get realistic figures into a scene quickly does! Carolly

ArtyMotion ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 10:35 PM

52-year old technical woman. Actually, I fit into two of the categories above, because I was formerly an engineer. I am now a professional artist and technical writer. And, like Carolly, I like the ability to get realistic figures into a scene. I also like the technical aspects of creating clothing for Poser.

wile1 ( ) posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 10:37 PM

I think you will find more women than men doing poser because they are at home for the most part on the computer more than men because the guy works the gal stays home in typical homes. A lot of women are very artistically inclined also. As for why there are more female pictures. Well because more stuff is made for Vicki than for Michael. Plain and simple. I like having some of both. and I also like doing animal pictures. I try to do diverse work but in the end generally I have more female poser pics than all the others. Because I can find get more items for females than males. I work with poser and other mediums because I've always done art and now lately because I can't get out much due to health. umm I also a female over 50 :p

zippyozzy ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 2:56 AM

ahem, I work & use Poser lol. I'm not a stay at home female, well, most of the time. Poser is the only program I have come across that actually makes character figures that's why I love it. I used to be a tradional Pen & Ink artist until the computer was invented. I love poser for the figure animations. I get to make my own little cartoons with with. :)

shazz501 ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 8:43 AM

hmm,not sure what category i fit into on wertus list,i'm a 34 year old female welder..lol,i have poser for fun and use mostly the toon characters :D

wile1 ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 8:50 AM

LOL well I certainly didn't mean all women stay at home and don't work. But my generation pretty much did. And a lot of the people I know using Poser are women who don't work. Oh well! :D

FreeBass ( ) posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 12:02 PM

"Are there more women or men ?" Dunno, good question... (FreeBass starts flippin' Members like kittens to check gender) Boy Boy Girl Boy Girl Girl Girl Boy ......this could take a while.... Girl Girl Boy ...

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.