Sun, Oct 6, 2:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Vintage clothes for V3

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 12:42 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 2:05 PM

Is there any vintage style clothing for V3? 20'3 40's style? I saw some 1947 styles here, but they are for V2, and I like working with V3. I have the Roaring 20's Flapper Dress, but would like other fashions from those periods.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Niles ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 1:33 AM

Try Poserworld. You may find some there.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 2:04 AM

Thanks. Just checked there and no luck :(

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 3:11 AM

Don't forget you can use your V3toV2 figure to use V3's face and V2's clothes...

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 3:13 AM

Oh? I didn't know that. I saw the V3 to V2 and knew it was to change the figure to V2, but thought it made it look like V2 which I think is rather ugly when compared to V3.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 3:35 AM

Attached Link: http://www.ebonshire.net/freebies/guest3.php

You get V3's head, which can take all the V3 INJ / REM poses, and a body which is the same shape as V2 and can wear her clothes. As far as I remember, there are no body morphs. She takes V3 textures as standard. If you own both V2 and V3, you can download Netherworks' and Viomar's V2/V3 hybrid at the link. Once you've installed her, you can transfer V2 body morphs to her.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 4:04 AM

I only have V3 and never use her as is. I mostly use character "add ons" (sorry, I don't know the technical term) or I adjust the figure in some way. I've seen renders done with V2, and I don't like anything about the figure. To me it looks very different than V3...too skinny. I think I'll hold out hoping for something for V3. I wish clothes and items weren't so "character specific" :(

brynna ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 4:38 AM

Attached Link: Poser Fashion

There are a few vintage items at Poser Fashion. I'm not sure if any of them are what you are looking for or not but you might want to give them a look and see. I'd also suggest coming up with your own textures on some of them.

Like you, I've been disappointed with the lack of selection of vintage clothing for Poser.

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 5:25 AM

Oh I like that link. It gives instructions about the cloth room and animation. Finally something different to try :) I was getting bored with just putting things on a figure and rendering. I wish I could make my own textures for things but I have no clue how to. I'm quickly growing bored with Poser just playing dress up of figures with bought textures and things. I'm more of a creative type person and enjoy "making" things. After 5 years I got bored with PSP and decided to try Poser, but most of the time I feel like I'm playing "dress up barbie" and it's not keeping my interest :( If I knew more about what I was doing and understood poser more, I'd leap at trying to make textures for things. I just don't understand all the files or how to save those types of files for other people to use.

Triarius ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 8:54 AM

"I'm more of a creative type person and enjoy "making" things. After 5 years I got bored with PSP and decided to try Poser, but most of the time I feel like I'm playing "dress up barbie" and it's not keeping my interest :( If I knew more about what I was doing and understood poser more, I'd leap at trying to make textures for things. I just don't understand all the files or how to save those types of files for other people to use." Then learn! There are an abundance of tutorials, here and elsewhere. Texturing isn't hardjust finickydon't be intimidated by the complexity. If you really want to make clothes, and other things, a decent modeling program is necessary. Real creativity does not come from a cookbookjust ask any chef!

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 9:03 AM

One cheap and dirty texture tip- open a texture for an item of clothes in PSP, open another texture you would like to use on it. Copy small sections of the second to the original until you get it all coveded. Save in the original folder as mysomething.jpg. Start Poser, load figure, find clothing item and from the materials area apply your texture and see how it looks. It may look reasonable the first go round or may require more work but it should give you an idea on how textures work. If your computer has enough power you can keep PSP and Poser open at the same time. Make corrections then you will have to render in order to see the changes. The same idea works on skin textures too. Just remember not to overwirte the original.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

3-DArena ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 10:47 AM

rwaller here in the RMP did several vintage 40's styles and hair.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 2:45 PM

texturing basics you will need a wireframe template of the item you want to texture and a graphics program. If you do not have the template, you can make one using the free version of Uvmapper. Once you have installed uvmapper, simply open the obj file of the item you wish to texture. Obj files are generally in the Geometries folder of your Runtime. Then save the template. Easy no? In your graphics program open the template. Paint inside the lines and do not move any shapes. Save the final product as a png, tif or jpg. Now you're set to use it (hopefully) of course there are more subtleties than that but .... thats the general gist of it :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.