Sun, Oct 6, 5:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: New to fractals...

tdierikx ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 3:46 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:46 PM

Hi there all... I've been lurking and reading here for a short while, and thought that I should probably make my entrance...lol! There are a few names that I recognise here from the Apophysis mailing list... greets to all of you fine folk!! I've posted an image in the gallery which I thought was pretty cool until I really had a browse of some of the awesome images you fine people have submitted... boy, do I have a way to go or what?? grin Looking forward to learning lots of cool tricks and tips from anyone who feels like sharing with yet another noob... Oh... and I have pretty thick skin - if something I post either here or in the gallery is absolute garbage - feel free to tell me so OK? Catch you all around... T.

Who? Me?

nickcharles ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 4:30 PM

Hey T Welcome! You'll find plenty of help from lots of fine folk here. And that's a sweet first Fractal posting here, btw. If ya need anything, just holler :D Nick

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

tdierikx ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2005 at 10:10 PM

Thanks for the welcome vclaszlo... I think I'm gonna like it here... lol! Thank you too to all the wonderful people who have commented on my image - the encouragement is definitely a breath of fresh air compared to my earlier forays into posting here at RR (in another forum/gallery) So far, I don't think I've come across any "fractalist" who hasn't been very encouraging and willing to share tips etc... you guys/gals rock! I've been working predominantly with Apophysis 2.02(f) and am slowly getting an idea of what I'm doing - still pretty clueless on most aspects, but the images that are coming out are definitely encouraging me to want to do more with it... and the fact that the community in general are such great people who don't appear to be threatened when a noob asks for tips - this is sooo much fun! T.

Who? Me?

shemia ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 1:53 AM

Welcome to the fractal gallery & forum tdierikx. When I was a "noob" I found a great deal of encouragement from the people who knew more than I did so I think that you'll find whatever help you need in here. Just ask. And Nick has been more than patient with me asking stupid noob questions when I first started entering the contests but I've had so much fun that all the trials and tribulations were worth it. Enjoy your stay "T". I think you did an amazing job for your first image, I'll look forward to seeing more from you.

tdierikx ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 6:23 AM

Thanks shemia... I'm really loving this artform a lot... I'm a bit of a geek by nature, so the "traditional" artforms just don't do it for me. I've dabbled a little with Vue D'esprit, but there was just something missing for me using that form to express my "artistic" mood (for want of a better way of putting it) Since finding Apophysis, and fractal art in general, my world has become somewhat larger shall we say? I think I might just have found my niche...lol! ...and finding that niche is full of really great people is an even bigger bonus! T.

Who? Me?

tresamie ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 12:55 PM

Welcome to the Fractal Asylum...errmmm...Forum :) This is a great community of friendly, helpful people. As you get more comfortable with Apo, you may find you want to go back to Vue to use your fractals as part of your 3D work. It's amazing how some artists here have combined softwares.

Fractals will always amaze me!

tdierikx ( ) posted Fri, 04 March 2005 at 3:35 PM

I've definitely thought about it, but I'm having too much fun just with Apo for now...lol! So far all of my work is pure Apo - no postwork - except for adding my little tag on the flame I added to the gallery here. I'm looking forward to experimenting with postwork in the not too distant future... T.

Who? Me?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.