Sat, Sep 21, 2:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: Poser with Motion builder

satria ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 12:13 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:00 PM

Hi.. i want to ask if anyone ever use motion builder for poser . Is easy to learn ? Im ask because my studio plant to buy it , but i dont want that software useless in next 6 months Thanks

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 1:20 PM

Hmmm ... I looked for Motion Builder and noticed it had a price tag that might be beyond the budget of most of those who hang around this community. Though you might get a couple of responses, you might get better replies if you locate a Motion Builder forum or user board somewhere, and ask the users if they have ever imported Poser characters. Good luck!

Chris ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 1:27 PM

Hi Satria, as I know you can use "Poser Figures" in Motion Builder. I have heard that some ppl made animations in it with V3 and M3 and made a BVH used in Poser then ... but its just what I have heard. Maybe that helps a bit Greets Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

satria ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 1:54 PM

thanks.. I`ve been read tutorial long time ago , but i m forgot the site , and if im not wrong no tuts for ik setup in there

gladiator ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 2:03 PM
face_off ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 3:19 PM

I got a freebie MB version from a CG mag a while back (6 months licence I think). Spent a /lot/ of time with it, even following the tutorial posed here at Renderosity. But in the end it was a futile and frustraiting experience. You export your animation as BVH from MB, but once imported into P5, arms and legs were at the wrong angle. There is a trick for fixing this, but it didn't work well. I wonder, is /anyone/ out there using MB to do V3/M3 animations for P5?

Creator of PoserPhysics
Creator of OctaneRender for Poser
Blog
Facebook

Rhale ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 11:00 PM

"Is it easy to learn?" I don't know what training is provided with version 6, but MB 5 came with a bunch of material, including a selection of video tutorials from 3DBuzz, which are excellent. You should try to get hold of the 3DBuzz videos from www.3dbuzz.com There was a tutorial that covered taking a Poser character into MB, but I don't recall if that was on the Kaydara website, or if Alias transferred it when they bought MB. You'll need to spend a little time setting up your characters' bones to work in Motionbuilder, but it's not difficult if you follow logically what needs to be done. Once you set up, for example, a skeleton for Vicky, you will be able to save that as a motionbuilder character and reuse it to apply whatever motion you want to Vicky. Of course, if Curious Labs were to implement FBX support in Poser 6, that would open up a lot of possibilities.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.